• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Report Alleges Fox News Is Bowing To Gay Agenda

John81

• Members

Beck was bringing up too many uncomfortable historical facts the schools and media work hard to keep hidden. Beck was also calling for a return to more traditional and constitutional government, in a more true way than the phony "conservatives" who say they want that but their actions consistently indicate otherwise.

All of this was a threat to the heads of the Republican Party, and of course the Democrats didn't like it either. Beck had to go.

That's true too.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the months before I stopped watching him, Beck was quietly inserting a lot of Mormon thinking into his shows.  Many of the historians and book writers were Mormon.  Of course, his trying to create paradise here on earth is little different than the communist trying to create utopia.  Neither is biblical.  Beck said, he felt hamstrung, unable to express himself (tell the truth about the enemy?).  I don't doubt it.  These guys are talking heads, exposing what satan is doing through the left to destroy this nation and separate people from God but none of them are genuine born-again Christians.  They're as lost and headed for hell as Al Gore and Nancy Pelosi.  

If we Christians truly wanted to turn America back into a God-honoring nation again, it would have to be through force, not talking.  That being said, there are not enough around to do it.  So we gently hold the line while they push us back and evangelize while waiting for that sound of the trump.

How on earth can you create a  God-honoring nation again, through force, not talking?  When Jesus said His Kingdom was not of this world.  That is what the RCC tried to do, and the Kingdom Now advocates.  No.  Christ's Kingdom comes through preaching the gospel.

• Members

I saw Beck on a talking heads show last week and didn't even recognize him! I knew he had converted to Mormonism and I knew Hannity was catholic. Coincidence that those who do have a public voice but can get away with talking about 'Christianity', family values, patriotism, etc. are always the ones from a perverted religion?

• Members

In the months before I stopped watching him, Beck was quietly inserting a lot of Mormon thinking into his shows.  Many of the historians and book writers were Mormon.  Of course, his trying to create paradise here on earth is little different than the communist trying to create utopia.  Neither is biblical.  Beck said, he felt hamstrung, unable to express himself (tell the truth about the enemy?).  I don't doubt it.  These guys are talking heads, exposing what satan is doing through the left to destroy this nation and separate people from God but none of them are genuine born-again Christians.  They're as lost and headed for hell as Al Gore and Nancy Pelosi.  

If we Christians truly wanted to turn America back into a God-honoring nation again, it would have to be through force, not talking.  That being said, there are not enough around to do it.  So we gently hold the line while they push us back and evangelize while waiting for that sound of the trump.

I agree.

When he came to Fox I had never heard of him. When he started off I thought he was quite good, but the longer I watched him the less i cared for him, & I had stopped watching him.

Politics will not change this country, politics has been completely corrupted on both sides, its about party, not God, not what is best for this country, maybe what is best for the big boys who can support our elected leaders with their money.

• Members

Anyone know why Beck was fired? I used to listen to him on the radio back in early 2000's and liked him. I like listening to Hannity on radio and Rush of course.

They will be removed from the air waves, they started all ready with Hannity. Do a google check, they are just not talking about it. Why advertise it.

• Members

I saw Beck on a talking heads show last week and didn't even recognize him! I knew he had converted to Mormonism and I knew Hannity was catholic. Coincidence that those who do have a public voice but can get away with talking about 'Christianity', family values, patriotism, etc. are always the ones from a perverted religion?

Worse than them being the main talking head speaking "Christian talk" on the news shows is the fact so many millions of professing Christians accept these "conservative" Catholics and Mormons as being fellow Christians. When Beck was at his peak, before losing his show, many Christian pastors spoke forth declaring that even though Beck's a Mormon, he's a real Christian.

Look how willing so many Christians were to support a flip-flopping, liberal minded Mormon and his neo-con Catholic VP choice in the last presidential election. The so-called Christian Right has since at least the 1980 presidential race declared that Christians must support "conservative Christian" candidates in the GOP. I'm old enough to remember how hard they tried to convince Christians that VP Bush was a Christian (though he clearly wasn't) so they could justify telling the "Christian Right" to vote for him; and I also remember how miserably the effort failed for VP Bush couldn't even fake being a Christian after many training sessions to help him appear Christian.

Then, just as soon as there clearly is no Christian Republican on the ballot for president, the "Christian Right" suddenly declares that being a Christian isn't important, that Mormon are Christians, that Mormons share "the same Christian values", that Catholics are Christians and stand for "family values". They finally revealed their true selves, that of being more concerned about politics than faith, and more concerned about supporting the GOP, no matter who the candidate, and willingly embracing the pathetic battle cry of "the bad GOP candidate isn't as bad as the bad Dem candidate".

And, sadly, millions of professing Christians bought into this and continue to do so.

Meanwhile, Scripture is clear as to the nature of the real battle and how Christians are to deal with it but the vast majority of Christians want no part in that.

• Members

Last election, Billy Graham put his support behind Romney claiming that Mormons are Christians too. Then he decided that Mormons are no longer a cult and removed them on his website of cults/ false religion. Just goes to show you how liberal Billy Graham has become!

• Members

Last election, Billy Graham put his support behind Romney claiming that Mormons are Christians too. Then he decided that Mormons are no longer a cult and removed them on his website of cults/ false religion. Just goes to show you how liberal Billy Graham has become!

Billy Graham has always been liberal.  He has denied the faith and biblical salvation since the 1940s.  If he believes today what he preached in the 1940s, Billy Graham is no Christian either.

• Moderators

I put no trust in Glenn Beck-he is dishonest about his beliefs, why should I expect him to be honest about anything? Some time back he was asked about what he believed, and he gave a VERY biblical account of Christianity. However, being openly Mormon, and knowing mormonism is oppostie in much of of what he claimed, he is either a dishonest Mormon, not believeing in 'true' Mormonism, or he is a liar in what he believes, trying to appear more 'mainstream' Christian.

• Members

Interesting. Coming from Mormonism I can say that when Glenn Beck speaks about Christianity it's basically how all Mormon's speak about it. Just like any other Christian. Of course when you gear towards more of the evangelical and IFB there tends to be the charismatic excitement incorporated. I'm sure most of you have never attended a Mormon sacrament meeting (Sunday church service) it's like being at a funeral. I remember years ago when I first went to an IFB church my goodness I almost had a heart attack. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen but it definitely stirred the spirit in me to attend now and then over the years. 

I guess I'm being bias because I have experience in the LDS community but I think most genuinely believe what they are saying when they speak about Christ and Christianity. All believe they are Christians just like everyone else and they don't view themselves as anything else. Sometimes when my IFB pastor or friends come over we go on for hours because they just don't see it how the LDS see it. The LDS don't see themselves as not being Christian.

With that said Beck could be genuine in what he is saying because he believes it. Whether we believe it or not is an entirely different thing.

• Members

Billy Graham has always been liberal.  He has denied the faith and biblical salvation since the 1940s.  If he believes today what he preached in the 1940s, Billy Graham is no Christian either.

Sad yet true, & I believe in later years he was more liberal than in his early years.

• Members

Interesting. Coming from Mormonism I can say that when Glenn Beck speaks about Christianity it's basically how all Mormon's speak about it. Just like any other Christian. Of course when you gear towards more of the evangelical and IFB there tends to be the charismatic excitement incorporated. I'm sure most of you have never attended a Mormon sacrament meeting (Sunday church service) it's like being at a funeral. I remember years ago when I first went to an IFB church my goodness I almost had a heart attack. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen but it definitely stirred the spirit in me to attend now and then over the years. 

I guess I'm being bias because I have experience in the LDS community but I think most genuinely believe what they are saying when they speak about Christ and Christianity. All believe they are Christians just like everyone else and they don't view themselves as anything else. Sometimes when my IFB pastor or friends come over we go on for hours because they just don't see it how the LDS see it. The LDS don't see themselves as not being Christian.

With that said Beck could be genuine in what he is saying because he believes it. Whether we believe it or not is an entirely different thing.

What in particular was so crazy about an IFB church service? I can see that statement after attending a charismatic service but not an IFB church.

I have known people who were saved from watching a Billy Graham crusade.

In my early years, as I was searching for God, I did attend a Mormon service once. It seemed like any other church service. Luckily, I didn't go back.

I've had a few conversations with a Mormon I know, it's in a professional setting, and everything I asked him about the Bible he agreed on! I wasn't prepared for a debate unfortunately. In a group setting, he does hear me express my religious beliefs though so maybe something sticks?

Archived