• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor’S Salary Cap

The Glory Land

• Members

I have known personally one - and only one - other person who tried to teach that Pastors should not be paid.

He twisted Scripture to make it say what he wanted it to.
He was also classified as TPI (Totally Permanently incapacitated) due to back problems. This classification means that he is totally unable to work at an earning job, and was therefore on a full disability pension.

At the time he was self building a 4x4 camper bus, doing all the welding and fabricating of components himself.
But not able to work a job.....

This is the only man I have personally met who tried to teach that pastors should not be paid.

Well looky here brother, now you know of two. No mystery that they are the same type of fella. I have known others over the years, all the same. Will receive all day long but make up any excuse not to give.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You said that it was obvious that you don't twist Scripture....if it were so obvious, then we would all be thanking you for the clarity of your teaching, and agreeing with it.  We don't agree with it, and we have explained why on many occasions.  So then OBVIOUSLY you are NOT clear on your teaching, and it appears from our view that you ARE twisting Scripture, relying upon commentaries and other people to interpret it for you, instead of simply believing the plain sense of the passages in question.  It is called "private interpretation" - you came to these texts with pre-conceived ideas, and read those ideas into the passages.

Anyway, I am finished corresponding with you - it is not edifying for anyone.  It is obvious that you have an axe to grind over this whole money thing.  It is quite nauseating after awhile seeing the lengths that you will go to prove your point - even to the ridiculous extremes.

Adios, 

In Christ,

• Members

You can't "prove" an evolutionist wrong either...but it doesn't mean he's not wrong.....just saying. "In a multitude of counselors there is safety". When you have a bunch of good, solid people that as a group are agreeing on the interpretation of a portion of Scripture, I think it's wise to at least acknowledge that there may be something there to be learned.

• Members

What would Paul's purpose be of setting an example by working to support himself if he did not mean pastors were not to work a job outside of Church? 

Paul clearly said he worked as an example and said that Elders ought to work also.  If being an Elder were considered work that Paul meant when he said "so labouring",  Paul would not have had to tell them to work. 

But he did.  And he gave the reason.  Pastors should be givers more than receivers.  And notice in Acts that the Church is supposed to have more than one pastor... Elders... plural.  One single pastor in a Church is also unScriptural.  But I bet that one is ignored as well.

• Members

I thought you said Paul was an evangelist not a pastor? If you will differentiate pastors with him based on that premise then neither should you use his example as that which a pastor should follow.
You can't have it both ways.
How about some consistency?

• Members

When you can prove me wrong, feel free to. Thus far, you have not.

Could be wrong and if so I apologize but since I've been here SFIC, nobody has been able to prove you wrong on anything.  You seem to have a special insight, an ability to see things differently than most of us, even when discussing the very same verses from the same King James.

Might that be pride?  I say this as a former narcissist.  

Archived