• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor And Preachers That Cheat On Their Wife

The Glory Land

• Members

You always hear that Pastor or Preacher running off with the secretary. Did you ever hear of the preacher wife running off with a member? Probably not, Then why call the woman the weaker vessel. Is it her  fault that this is taking place? A good preacher is never alone with a woman that is not his wife. But some think they are strong enough to be with one alone. They will just end up with a demotion from serving God. They remind me of the drug dealer that thinks he will never get caught. I never heard one saying; I’m older now and ready to be retired. I’ll stop selling drugs now.

Question

If a pastor did not go all the way, had sex with her, can he still be the pastor of the church. He was seen with a woman, than he repented and broked off with her?

Yes I have, more than once.

And even good preachers, pastors, makes mistakes.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a very small protest to a post above...the thing that says "especially in large churches" (the job being stressful).

I think the workload in large churches is more stressful. However I'm here to tell you that the discouragement, loneliness, and financial hardship in a small church is probably just as stressful as the high activity in a larger church. Both scenerios definitely can take their toll on a marriage, no doubt. As an example....often a pastor in a large church may work long hours and face more temptations as far as other women.... but he often gets a lot of recognition and love (and possibly extra financial help) showered on them from a large church full of people who adore their pastor. While a small church pastor may less to do and fewer temptations, he may have very little support from his members and feel very much alone and without much encouragement other than possibly a small handful of faithful core members....and he also may struggle financially.

I think maybe the sex life of the pastor would be better discussed in the men's forum. However Kindofblue had a very good post how that it's unfair to just dump that into the lap of the wife and say "Well, if SHE had done this or that, HE never would have been tempted." A relationship takes two people, and I think each person shares 100% of the responsibility of keeping the marriage together.

I was talking to my sister about some stuff (we are both pastor's wives) and she was saying how the devil targets pastors and their families...and he especially targets the marriage. Because if the devil can destroy the pastor's marriage, then he can take down an entire church along with it. Therefore I think it is more difficult for a pastor to keep his family together. And in Genesis, who does the devil go after? Eve. So I do think that the pastor's wife suffers quite a bit of demonic oppression and attack while in the ministry, while at the same time often having very few options to turn to for help.

Just sort of the female opinion being thrown in here, not worth a whole lot! :-)

You are correct.  Thank you for that reminder.  The stresses between a large and small church may be different, but they can be equally taxing on the pastor and family.

• Members

The Bible says Eve was deceived but Adam sinned willfully. Just making sure everyone agrees on the theology.....haha.

They both sinned. Just in different ways

9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

• Administrators

They both sinned. Just in different ways

9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Something that seemed to stand out to me today (I say seemed to because it might be nothing... :icon_smile: ) is that this verse says Eve was in the transgression.  That would mean that she was involved in it, right?  But Romans says Adam's transgression.  The sin was named for him - he "owned" it, as parlance would be today.  She was involved, but it wasn't hers. Does that make sense (and by involved, I'm not in any way saying she didn't sin).

• Members

Then you scratch your head over things like this...........

Genesis 5:1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

• Administrators

Genesis 5:1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

True.  Although I don't think the Romans passage was referencing them as a couple, since it mentions "one man."  But they were in the disobedience together.  Makes you stop and think, eh?  How one spouse can influence the other to good or evil...

• Members

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

It would have been different if Adam was the sole "apple" eater, but God has showed us in Genesis 3 that both sexes were involved in the fall of man; we're all sinners with no exclusions and, in the later part at least, of the above verse. the term "men" refers to all mankind; males and females. How did we get off topic anyway? Or are we still? 

• Administrators

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

It would have been different if Adam was the sole "apple" eater, but God has showed us in Genesis 3 that both sexes were involved in the fall of man; we're all sinners with no exclusions and, in the later part at least, of the above verse. the term "men" refers to all mankind; males and females. How did we get off topic anyway? Or are we still? 

True, but the sin passes via the man. And, no, in no way was I intending to give the idea that anyone is excluded!  And, yes, I think we are off topic... :icon_smile:

Archived