• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biblical Lesson On How A Man Is To Treat A Christian Wife

• Members

Notice in DD's next post of Ephesians 5:23-24, he conveniently "left out" verse 25 about husbands loving their wives as Christ also loved the church.

Indeed! Also no mention that a husbands body belongs to his wife, not himself. Nothing about the call to consider others more highly than ourselves. Certainly nothing about Ephesians 5:21 which lays the foundation for the following verses.

"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God." Ephesians 5:21

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Indeed! Also no mention that a husbands body belongs to his wife, not himself. Nothing about the call to consider others more highly than ourselves. Certainly nothing about Ephesians 5:21 which lays the foundation for the following verses.

"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God." Ephesians 5:21

Absolutely no disagreement with submitting to one another or with men loving our wives!  Glory!

Here's a short note I wrote some time ago, the prices of silver may have changed, but the principle of the message is eternal!

A demonstration of the value (in dollars and cents) the Lord places on women is aptly given in Leviticus 27:3-7
And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.
And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.
And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.
And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.
And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels.
In todays prices:
Male from 20 to 60 years of age: $580
Female of the same age: $348
From 5 to 20 years:
Male -- $232
Female -- $116
From 1 month to 5 years of age:
Male -- $58
Female -- $34.80
Over 60 years old:
Male -- $174
Female -- $116
Glory!

• Members

Absolutely no disagreement with submitting to one another or with men loving our wives!  Glory!

Here's a short note I wrote some time ago, the prices of silver may have changed, but the principle of the message is eternal!

That's not about the value of women.

We see in the NT that in Christ all, including men and women, stand equal before God. Wives are a man's partners in salvation. If women were inferior to men then men couldn't love their wives as themselves nor could they love them as Christ loved the church. Christ died for men and women, the value of both is the blood of Christ.

• Members

That's not about the value of women.

We see in the NT that in Christ all, including men and women, stand equal before God. Wives are a man's partners in salvation. If women were inferior to men then men couldn't love their wives as themselves nor could they love them as Christ loved the church. Christ died for men and women, the value of both is the blood of Christ.

Stand equal? Yes!  Created equal? No!

Praise!

Deacon Dixon

• Members

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

In this life and the life to come the Lord is superior on that we can all agree.  

By comparing husbands to the Lord that makes them superior.

8)For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

9)Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

The pride of life makes it hard for us to humble ourselves below others. I'm just a church member, I must humble myself below the Pastor and Deacons but when I do so Jesus blesses me and gives unity to our church.

• Members

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

In this life and the life to come the Lord is superior on that we can all agree.  

By comparing husbands to the Lord that makes them superior.

8)For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

9)Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

The pride of life makes it hard for us to humble ourselves below others. I'm just a church member, I must humble myself below the Pastor and Deacons but when I do so Jesus blesses me and gives unity to our church.

It's interesting to see those who can so freely quote Ephesians 5:22 about wives submitting to their own husbands as unto to the Lord, but continually fall short of quoting the rest of that passage in Ephesians 5 where it says that 1. We are to submit to one another in the fear of God and 2. Husbands are to love their own wives as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for it. (verse 25).  Marriage is a picture of Christ and the church.  Do you all realize that not all husbands are godly husbands?  Are you saying that a wife must submit to the ungodly whims of her husband?  Women are not doormats.  As the husband loves his wife as Christ also loved the church, it is a joy for a wife to submit to her husband as unto the Lord....but not as an inferior person, but as her husband's "helpmeet"

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Our "humility" is before the Lord, not "below" any man, not even your pastor. 

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

We are to obey those who have the "rule over us"

Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

What if your pastor is teaching false doctrine?  Do you check out what he is teaching according to what the Bible teaches?  Are you a Biblical Berean? Do you simply "accept" what your pastor teaches as truth just because he is the pastor and would never teach false doctrine?  Nobody is "above" correction....not even the pastor.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Every person is saved the same way and the ground is level at the foot of the cross.  In Christ, we are all equal...but we function differently within the body of Christ, but nobody is inferior to another member of that body.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

• Members

The Bible is very clear about the status of women.  Yes, they are inferior to men.  Because the Bible says so.  That doesn't take away from one's familial love!  I love my dogs, too, and they surely aren't of equal stature.

Did you really just say that about loving your dogs in the same context as loving your wife? LOL. I feel sorry for your wife......

• Members

It's interesting to see those who can so freely quote Ephesians 5:22 about wives submitting to their own husbands as unto to the Lord, but continually fall short of quoting the rest of that passage in Ephesians 5 where it says that 1. We are to submit to one another in the fear of God and 2. Husbands are to love their own wives as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for it. (verse 25).  Marriage is a picture of Christ and the church.  Do you all realize that not all husbands are godly husbands?  Are you saying that a wife must submit to the ungodly whims of her husband?  Women are not doormats.  As the husband loves his wife as Christ also loved the church, it is a joy for a wife to submit to her husband as unto the Lord....but not as an inferior person, but as her husband's "helpmeet"

Yes

Paul answered this in 2 Corinthians 6

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Look what God asked Hosea to do. Talk about an ungodly marriage yet God told Hosea to marry her. Do you think he felt like a doormat?

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Our "humility" is before the Lord, not "below" any man, not even your pastor. 

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

We are to obey those who have the "rule over us"

Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

What if your pastor is teaching false doctrine?  Do you check out what he is teaching according to what the Bible teaches?  Are you a Biblical Berean? Do you simply "accept" what your pastor teaches as truth just because he is the pastor and would never teach false doctrine?  Nobody is "above" correction....not even the pastor.

I'll pray for him and when Jesus tells me to I'll talk to him. Maybe Jesus will have someone else talk to him. I want to be a help in time of trouble or error and a man who abandons people in need. I'm sure Jesus will tell me when its time to gird up my loins and flee.  

Sure

Yes and Yes

I've found Jesus does a much better job doing the correcting than men or women.

Proverbs 3:12

For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Hebrews 12:6

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Yes, I am below the pastor, Jesus raised him up to that position in the church. At the foot of the cross being saved we are side by side but in Jesus' church he is above me. Should I be offended that Jesus chose to raise him up? God forbid. I'm thankful. I have my place and I'm happy with it. My job is to help him in his work. I should give "amens" and encourage the leadership.

I have a good Pastor. If I have a problem and tell him he has a problem. He came to see my dying father in the hospital many times, the deacons did too. My elderly mother has been ill, many prayers have went up for her. We was waiting on a cancer test and he called told me he had to step out on faith, during his prayer time Jesus gave him peace it was going to come back normal, it did. When I have the flu, bad cold, etc, they call ask can they bring me some soup leave it on the porch. We know you are laid up, we coming over to the mow the yard this week. He made himself a servant to a whole church and Jesus raised him up to be an under shepherd. Good leadership not only makes it easy for ME to submit, (they can't submit for me or force me to submit) they also make me want to follow them as they follow Jesus.

Every person is saved the same way and the ground is level at the foot of the cross.  In Christ, we are all equal...but we function differently within the body of Christ, but nobody is inferior to another member of that body.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Would you say you are equal to Jesus? You are part of his body.

Is a coronel equal to a general? They are in one body, the army. Yet they aren't equal the general can tell the coronel what to do.

• Members

Adam was created first, and the woman was formed afterwards. God formed the man to lead, and He formed the woman to follow. This does not mean the woman is to be a door mat. She is a highly exalted creature made in God's image; she has beautiful gifts which have brought manifold benefits to mankind; she is to be valued and cherished. Her place in creation is simply different from that of the man.

Women are not inferior to men.

• Members

Authority does not mean dictatorship and "control".

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Archived