• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biblical Lesson On How A Man Is To Treat A Christian Wife

• Members

I often preach about the women due to the fact that sisters of Eve are, by their inferiority, more inclined to sin then the men.  But we must also talk about the men and their responsibility to their wives.

Here's a good lesson from James the Preacher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4jYrvaKbKQ

Deacon Dixon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

a few little bones, but overall a good meal.  Thanks for posting the video.  I might have actually clicked "like" if you had just posted the video without that "inferiority" rhetoric. 

edited for some marital advise.

If you, even in the subconscious, consider your wife "inferior", you will not love her from the heart like you should.  You might make yourself a list of things to do in order to honor your wife, like buy a carnation or chocolate ice cream, but it wont be from the heart.  You will be loving your wife "legalistically" with a set of guildlines and "to do's", but that is not from the heart. 

• Members

If you, even in the subconscious, consider your wife "inferior", you will not love her from the heart like you should.  You might make yourself a list of things to do in order to honor your wife, like buy a carnation or chocolate ice cream, but it wont be from the heart.  You will be loving your wife "legalistically" with a set of guildlines and "to do's", but that is not from the heart. 

The Bible is very clear about the status of women.  Yes, they are inferior to men.  Because the Bible says so.  That doesn't take away from one's familial love!  I love my dogs, too, and they surely aren't of equal stature.

• Members

The Bible is very clear about the status of women.  Yes, they are inferior to men.  Because the Bible says so.  That doesn't take away from one's familial love!  I love my dogs, too, and they surely aren't of equal stature.

Please post the verses of Scripture which declares that women are inferior to men.

• Members

Please post the verses of Scripture which declares that women are inferior to men.

Eph.5:22-24
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

1 Cor.11:3
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
1 Cor.14:34-36
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Lev27:3-7
"And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.
And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.
And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.
And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.
And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels."
Col.3:18
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."
1 Tim.2:11-15
"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing"
1 Pet.3:1
"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands."

• Members

Women are NOT inferior to men...that is NOT biblical, no matter how you have to twist Scripture to "prove" your case.  Your comparing your "love"(?) for your wife to your "love" for your dogs is downright disgusting. Shame on you!   Wives are to "submit" themselves to their own husbands "as unto the Lord".  A husband is supposed to be the "head of his wife...EVEN as Christ is head of the church and saviour of the body".  Does Christ "love His church" as He would love His dogs?  As the wife is told to submit to her own husband (as unto the Lord)....those husbands are told to "love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it".  Christ does not treat women as inferior and neither should you.

Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

• Members

Eph.5:22-24
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

1 Cor.11:3
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
1 Cor.14:34-36
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Lev27:3-7
"And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.
And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.
And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.
And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.
And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels."
Col.3:18
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."
1 Tim.2:11-15
"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing"
1 Pet.3:1
"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands."

These verses say nothing about women being inferior to men.

• Members

Notice in DD's next post of Ephesians 5:23-24, he conveniently "left out" verse 25 about husbands loving their wives as Christ also loved the church.

Being "in subjection" does not mean that women are inferior....neither are women "doormats". 

Archived