• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Here's Why We Are Against Abortion

DeaconDixon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's sad to see so many ignore scripture, to not take the whole counsel of God into consideration or to see all the verses a doctrine is based upon.  So many take a few and ignore the rest.  What was that Burger King slogan years ago? 

• Members

It is sad to see so many want a heaven full of thieves and robbers who never trusted Christ.

John 10:1 (KJV) 1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 3:18 (KJV) 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 (KJV) 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

• Members

It's sad to see so many ignore scripture, to not take the whole counsel of God into consideration or to see all the verses a doctrine is based upon.  So many take a few and ignore the rest.  What was that Burger King slogan years ago? 

John 14:6

King James Version (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

As I've said before, if there is Scripture which offers another way for some, I'm more than willing to read it. In the meantime, I believe what the Word says and I trust God with all those things He chose not to specifically address just as I trust Him with the things He did give us.

• Members

The preponderance of evidence in Scripture is clear enough. Many have been provided.

The verses you quote all state "man", none address children or in the womb. Reread your own verses you provide.

Jesus was very specific when it came to children and small ones that adults must have the pure innocent faith of a child or you as an adult will never see heaven. Many times He made this example for us to follow as adults. OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN He said referring to children.

Your arguments of presumption due to the lack of a clear verse stating all children go to Heaven is foolishness and do not negate preponderance of evidence to the contrary, Many of the Lord's parables were illustrations of facts He wanted us to "get" on our own. In a human court they would be considered anecdotal or circumstantial but to be considered comparing Scripture with Scripture.

• Members

John 10:1 (KJV) 1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Doesn't say man, says "He"

John 3:18 (KJV) 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Doesn't say man, says "He

John 3:36 (KJV) 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Doesn't say man, says "He

• Members

David knew some infants were wicked. He said they speak lies as soon as the were born.

God decreed that Samarian infants would be dashed to pieces. Yet, He also stated that sons would not die for their father's sins.

Obviously, not all infants are as innocent as you want them to be.

Can't argue with that, you know more than the Lord in your own twisted little mind guy.

You may simply be mentally ill, you show many of the signs.

It is no wonder you have been thrown out of churches and are regulated to the internet. This is your "service" (hic) and "ministry" (hic)

• Moderators

Can't argue with that, you know more than the Lord in your own twisted little mind guy.

You may simply be mentally ill, you show many of the signs.

It is no wonder you have been thrown out of churches and are regulated to the internet. This is your "service" (hic) and "ministry" (hic)

Same ol', same ol'

You can't prove me wrong using the Word of God, so you resort to attacking .

Totally unChristlike.

The word's "relegated", not "regulated"

How 'bought both of you stop the petty bickering and "defending" your attacks or response to being attacked and be mature enough to sit back and let the other talk to himself for a while BEFORE it gets out of hand instead of running it to the contentious state?

• Members

And for your information, wretched...

I was not kicked out of 'churches'.  I was kicked out of one fellowship that called itself a Church.  I was kicked out for teaching the truth, so I don't really consider them a Church anymore.  Any assembly that would rather embrace a lie and reject the Word of God is not part of God's Church

• Members

Romans 7

9For I (Paul) was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

When we are small we haven't reached the age of accountability and we are without the law. We are free under a grace of youth. As we get older and realize we are breaking God's commands our inner spirit dies and we must become born again under Jesus' grace. Something has to be alive and die for it to become born again. revived. When that little feller is in his ma's womb the earth, the spirit, and the blood, all say he is alive and growing. He is saved due to the innocence of being to small to understand God's law. When he is born and can start talking as adults we can see the sin of flesh already working on him. He has no idea anything is wrong. Look how a toddler will run naked when its diaper changing time. He doesn't know to keep his flesh covered. But he is free and without the law due to youth.

• Members

The preponderance of evidence in Scripture is clear enough. Many have been provided.

The verses you quote all state "man", none address children or in the womb. Reread your own verses you provide.

Jesus was very specific when it came to children and small ones that adults must have the pure innocent faith of a child or you as an adult will never see heaven. Many times He made this example for us to follow as adults. OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN He said referring to children.

Your arguments of presumption due to the lack of a clear verse stating all children go to Heaven is foolishness and do not negate preponderance of evidence to the contrary, Many of the Lord's parables were illustrations of facts He wanted us to "get" on our own. In a human court they would be considered anecdotal or circumstantial but to be considered comparing Scripture with Scripture.

We know from the context that that "man" in John 14:6 is referring to mankind, not only to males, not only to adults, but mankind, which encompasses all mankind.

Who has ever known a child that is without sin? Yet even so they are capable of faith in Christ. Likewise the Scripture indicates that adults are able also to have such faith if we will humble ourselves to do so.

"Of such is the kingdom of heaven" is a reference to the fact that the kingdom of heaven is made up of those with true faith in the Lord. That verse isn't saying that the kingdom of God is populated by billions of unborn babies, born babies and little children who died over the centuries.

In Deuteronomy 29:29 God makes it clear to us that there are many things He has not revealed to us. God calls us to faith in Him and what He has chosen to reveal to us; not to get caught up in pondering those things He has not revealed. If God has hidden a thing from us, can we find it?

If we have that childlike faith in God, we don't need to have Him address every detail. We don't need the Word to spell out what becomes of aborted babies, the mentally handicapped, children who die at or near our ethereal, ever changing concept of some "age of accountability". Will not God do what is right? Does God consult us on these matters? Has not God planned all things from before the foundation of the world? Can we not accept that whatever God has planned, whether it agrees with one view or opinion, or is something totally different than anything any of us have thought of, that it will be perfect, right and just?

Archived