• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Here's Why We Are Against Abortion

DeaconDixon

• Members

The New Testament is clear. No one can be saved without hearing the Gospel and believing on Jesus Christ. No one!

Paul preached that there were none righteous, no not one.

Some say all babies go to heaven, yet Scripture clearly refutes that notion.

The psalmist stated thatsome are born wicked.

The wicked will not be present in Heaven. They go to another home.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The New Testament is clear. No one can be saved without hearing the Gospel and believing on Jesus Christ. No one!

Paul preached that there were none righteous, no not one.

Some say all babies go to heaven, yet Scripture clearly refutes that notion.

The psalmist stated thatsome are born wicked.

The wicked will not be present in Heaven. They go to another home.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

Can a baby do this?  If it is physically impossible for a baby to do this, why do you feel a just and loving God would place a baby under the same requirements as an adult?  When we study Scripture, we all told to notice who is being addressed.  Easy one, for example, wives submit to husband (another thread is talking about this verse) anyway, if I don't submit to my husband do you feel I am going against Scripture?  Yes, I am a man.  I don't have a husband so obviously this verse is for me to know, but not for me to obey because God isn't talking to me. 

In all the verses telling us to accept Christ as our Savior, it is impossible for a baby to do this.  So why do we feel a baby is under that part of Scripture?  Are we so arrogant that we feel God has to tell us all His plans?  God might have a different plan for babies that we're not privy to.  And I am sure whatever plan He has for babies, it will include Jesus because were told that no man goes to heaven but by Him.  Know this, God wants us to "go tell" so those we tell can call on the name of the Lord and be saved.  Babies can't do this so please don't waste time at the hospital nurseries sharing the Gospel with the newborns.  If you want to share the Gospel, tell the babies parents.

• Members

Isaiah 15:5 (KJV)
My heart shall cry out for Moab; his fugitives [shall flee] unto Zoar, an heifer of three years old: for by the mounting up of Luhith with weeping shall they go it up; for in the way of Horonaim they shall raise up a cry of destruction.

1 Samuel 1:13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

The above verses prove that the heart can cry out to God when the mouth is silent.   Even Hannah was heard by the Lord when she prayed silently.

Using your logic, a person who is mute could never be saved, for he could never confess with the tongue or call out to the Lord.

BAbies are just as capable of communicating to the Lord as adults are.

• Administrators

Talk about taking Scripture out of context.

And how did I take it out of context?  Perhaps the wise thing to do would be to show how it's out of context instead of just making the charge.

It is in complete context.  Psalm 23 is a song to the Lord our Shepherd.  It begins with the acknowledging of that fact and goes through detail of how He cares for David (and us).  It ends obviously with eternity.  The last verse talks about goodness and mercy following David all his life...and THEN dwelling in the house of the Lord for ever.  Not out of context.  David knew he would be with God for eternity.  And so when he later said that he would go to his child, he knew it would be in the house of the Lord...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

None of us honestly know how God deals with the souls who die in utero.  There are verses that can be applied and taken either way.  The fact of the matter is that God is sovereign and He is just.  And whatever He decides is right.  If babes who are murdered in utero end up in Hell because they didn't confess Christ with their mouths (as Romans tells us to do), He is just.  However, if God, in His mercy, chooses to allow those souls into Heaven because they never had the opportunity to understand that they were born sinners in need of a Savior, then He is just.   

• Members

In Psalm 23 David is speaking of his own relationship with the Lord and of the assurance of his Salvation.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with 2 Samuel 12.

David said that some speak lies as soon as they are born.  Whether they understand they are lying or not, they are lying, nonetheless.

And God's Word says "all liars... shall have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone."  I see no provender saying "all liars except the ones who have no understanding."

• Administrators

In Psalm 23 David is speaking of his own relationship with the Lord and of the assurance of his Salvation.

Of course he is - and that is my point. He KNEW he'd go to Heaven.  And so, when he said he would go to his child (MUCH later than when Psalm 23 was written), he KNEW it would be in Heaven.... :clapping:

• Members

Psalm 23 "...and I (David) shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever......."

2 Samuel 12 "...I (David) shall go to him..." (the baby)

So the baby went to burn Hell and David was going to meet him there?

I have some swampland for sale.......

• Members

Psalm 23 "...and I (David) shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever......."

2 Samuel 12 "...I (David) shall go to him..." (the baby)

So the baby went to burn Hell and David was going to meet him there?

I have some swampland for sale.......

You must have bought that swampland from someone who saw you coming.  LOL

2 Samuel does not say the child went to heaven.  You read into the text what is not there.

• Members

You must have bought that swampland from someone who saw you coming.  LOL

2 Samuel does not say the child went to heaven.  You read into the text what is not there.

Neither did I say he went to Heaven....you read into my reply what was not there.

I said..."So the baby went to burn (in) Hell and David was going to meet him there?"

Well....is that where he went? I guess my Wife's two miscarriages went there too?

• Members

Yes, I believe that David's little baby and my Wife's two miscarriages went to be with the Lord and that NOBODY can be saved unless he comes to Jesus with an innocent and pure heart just like them. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.(Matthew 18:3)

• Members

Sorry to hear of your wife's miscarriages. I can see why this is a sensitive subject for you.

Hopefully those little ones trusted Christ. The Bible says without faith it is impossible to please God. One cannot enter Heaven except through the proper channel... Faith in Christ. If anyone enters by any other way, he is a thief and a robber.

• Members

Unless there is Scripture which says there is another way to heaven other than being in Christ that either means babies don't go to heaven or God has another way to deal with this which He determined not to tell us about at this time.

We can voice our opinions, wishes and how we think it might be, but the fact is Scripture doesn't directly deal with this. Why is it so hard for us to not know all the answers and be content to trust God in the matters we don't know as well as those we do know about?

• Members

If it were true that infants could enter Heaven without faith in Christ, they would go there at God's displeasure. Where there is no faith, God is not pleased. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

One entering Heaven outside of faith in Christ is sinning in doing so. If they don't enter through the Door, they are thieves and robbers. Apparently, some would have thieves and robbers all over heaven. Yet, the Bible says

1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV) 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 (KJV) 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

• Members

Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly? Job 3:11  What was old brother Job thinking, huh? He would have been frying in Hell if he died in the womb..........

Did he know? Did he care at that point? Does it really matter?

The fact is, Scripture only reveals to us one and only one way to heaven. If there is a way for babies to go to heaven Scripture doesn't tell us about it.

We don't need to wrestle with this because whatever God does, He's right.

Archived