• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Here's Why We Are Against Abortion

DeaconDixon

• Members

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Does a baby in the womb clearly see the creation of the world?  It sounds to me like an aborted baby going to hell would have a pretty good excuse.  I know adults that have trouble "seeing" let alone little babies. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does the Bible say he that has understanding shall be saved?  or does it say he that believeth shall be saved?

Why do people think it impossible for an infant who hears his mother reading the Word of God to trust God?  I don't think it is an impossibility at all.

Matthew 13:19 "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side."

1 John 5:20
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life."

Ah, yea, understanding is a big part of believing in something.

• Members

Scripture does clearly say that there is only one way to heaven, and that's through Christ Jesus. Scripture also says no one has an excuse, even if they've not heard the Gospel. If someone can go to heaven, at whatever age, without being born again in Christ, what verses speak of this exception?

• Members

Scripture does clearly say that there is only one way to heaven, and that's through Christ Jesus. Scripture also says no one has an excuse, even if they've not heard the Gospel. If someone can go to heaven, at whatever age, without being born again in Christ, what verses speak of this exception?

none that I am aware of.

• Members

Except a man be born again, he will not see the kingdom of heaven....aborted babies have yet to be born the first time let alone again.

Man is without excuse because nature itself speaks of God...aborted babies have not seen nature.

There is Sripture that gives the criteria on going to heaven.  Obviously it is impossible for an aborted baby to be included in this criteria.  So the Sripture you are using to explain who goes to heaven is the same Scripture that is used to explain how an aborted baby can go to heaven.

• Members

And then there is the Scripture that was quote a couple postings back about David's baby.  I guess there are some that believe David told his servants he was going to the funeral home to see his kid.  I, for one, believe he was talking about seeing his child in heaven.  Now how God is going to allow David's baby in heaven without it accepting Christ as his personal Savior, I don't know.  I will leave it up to Him.  But when I find out the truth, in heaven, I am not going to argue with God either way. 

• Members

It is obvious to me that this dixon idiot, SFIC and John have no experience with a small child dying or misscarried children. Your wild spectulations would be on the opposite spectrum.

Use some sensitively since you are all clueless to what the real truth of the matter is. Think of those who have suffered these losses before you blurt your meaningless opinions.

I realize that some have zero life apart from this forum and the internet but you don't have to post misguided or knee jerk opinions about every, single subject.

• Members

It is obvious to me that this dixon idiot, SFIC and John have no experience with a small child dying or misscarried children. Your wild spectulations would be on the opposite spectrum.

Use some sensitively since you are all clueless to what the real truth of the matter is. Think of those who have suffered these losses before you blurt your meaningless opinions.

I realize that some have zero life apart from this forum and the internet but you don't have to post misguided or knee jerk opinions about every, single subject.

Actually, I have had experience with a small child dying.  I have also been to the graveside of many a deceased child. 

Maybe it is not me that is "clueless."

and your statement about knee jerk opinions about ever single subject is totally uncalled for.  I post on very few subjects on this forum.  Mainly because most turn their ears from the truth and some out and out say not to teach the truth.

• Members

I'm against abortion because it's the murder of innocent human lives. I'm against Calvinism because it's a false witness against the character of the true and living God...They're both abominations before God. God is Love...end of story. He isn't selfish and greedy for some warped man-conceived concept of "glory". He isn't "sovereign" in the sense that Calvinists define it. But He is all powerful and when He says "that's it"....that will be it, my friend. By His supreme power He will judge all of the unrepentant abortionists and the false witnesses in the end and He will have them all cast into Hell whose names are not written in the Book of Life. Will you continue to bear false witness of His Holy name? He is gracious and merciful but He will judge you one day if you don't repent and trust Jesus. Jesus is the God who gave Himself on Calvary for the whole world, for whosoever will. All babies are "conceived in sin" but until they have sinned the first time, and had no opportunity to repent, they are NOT lost.   If you don't know true love....you do not know Him.

• Members

So much for one having to come through Christ.  They can just die and get into heaven according to some. 

Ungodly doctrine, that is.

As was asked by another poster earlier, if a baby can get into heaven by just dying, why not just kill the babies and assure them of that place?  Why wait until they can die in sin and be damned for eternity?

Something wrong with that theology that teaches one can die without trusting Christ but still enter Heaven.

• Members

Actually, I have had experience with a small child dying.  I have also been to the graveside of many a deceased child. 

Maybe it is not me that is "clueless."

and your statement about knee jerk opinions about ever single subject is totally uncalled for.  I post on very few subjects on this forum.  Mainly because most turn their ears from the truth and some out and out say not to teach the truth.

You own child guy? I doubt it but go ahead and lie to the crowd and Holy Ghost to try to be right about everything again.

Everything about you is clueless and one thing I can guarantee is if I saw you in person you would change your prideful, need to be right, opinion about this topic in a hurry.

• Administrators

Ok, let's cut the sarcasm...no-one need advocate killing babies, even if to prove a point.  Love you all, but that makes my blood boil, so stop.

The Bible also says, "to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him is it sin."  Does a baby know to do good?  No.  Not even in the womb.  While I totally agree that reading to a babe in utero helps begin molding him/her, it does not mean that understanding of sin exists.  Proof of that is the absolute lack of understanding a babe has when born.  If a baby could discern good and bad in the womb, he/she could do so upon exiting the womb. But all parents can testify to the fact that they cannot.

Yes, it is through Christ that we all have eternal life.  And the Bible clearly says that Christ died for the sins of the entire world.  That would include those babies miscarried or aborted.  Since the baby does not have the opportunity to learn of his/her sinful nature, they are what we could call innocent.  God is a God of judgment and He is a God of justice and mercy.

Would that merciful God consign a babe who hasn't had the opportunity to hear the gospel - and understand and respond - to Hell simply because his/her life was taken from him/her?  I don't believe so.  And David's reaction to the death of his child is telling.  While we can debate the idea and claim that maybe he was just going to bury his child, his statement bears other witness to the fact that he was at peace: His servants wondered why on earth, now that the child was dead, did he eat since he had fasted while beseeching God for the life of his child.  What did he say?

"But now he is dead...can I bring him back again?  I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me..."  The Bible is quite clear: David was referencing going to his dead child who was in a different place - and not the morgue (or whatever they used).  He was at peace now, with God's decision...and he was done with the mourning because he knew he would see the child again - and not a coffin, either.  There's not a lot of comfort looking at your loved one in a coffin... 

Let's stop  the personal attacks. And that's not a request.  :tapping:

(SFIC - you weren't told not to teach anything. You were asked to take a break on the subject.  There is a big difference.)

Archived