• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good Tips On Saving Money…. $$$

The Glory Land

• Administrators

My brother grinds hi own beans for each cup he drinks.  But the amount he uses would make almost a pot for me!

Our son likes his coffee, too.  I'm glad to say that, since money is tight with him, they bought his coffee from a discount place.  We are bringing another load of his stuff down to them tomorrow after our B&B stay and will be bringing him a can of the good stuff.  He's pretty happy about that - especially since his is almost gone.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

My Dad likes his coffee. In order to save money, they will put the leftovers of a brewed pot in the fridge... and heat it up on the stove the next day! Their method is very frugal... but quite anathema to hard-core coffee aficionados!   :coverlaugh:  (Not that I'm one - just have a lot of friends that are! These Baptists and their coffee...)

• Members

My Dad likes his coffee. In order to save money, they will put the leftovers of a brewed pot in the fridge... and heat it up on the stove the next day! Their method is very frugal... but quite anathema to hard-core coffee aficionados!   :coverlaugh:  (Not that I'm one - just have a lot of friends that are! These Baptists and their coffee...)

The left over or used coffee grains is good plant food, add it to your soil. Your flowers will not sleep ...   :eye:

• Members

Coffee, the wife & I drink coffee with our meal when we eat out, I believe its $1.40 per cup. Usually twice per week.

Wow, that's high, I remember when it was less that 25 cents per cup.

Plus we drink coffee every morning. Not sure the cost, but the wife said coffee just went down in price. 

Never had a $4.00 plus cup of coffee, never been to one of those high class coffee places.

Saving money tip!

In Arkansas if your a vet of the Vietnam War you can get a reduced price on your license plate, on my plate it says USAF & Vietnam War Veteran, cost, just over $3.00, down from over $20.00!   :biggrin:

• Members

Some of our supermarkets have loyalty cards, giving points for purchases. This means they know when you shop there. So if you don't shop, they send an incentive.  TESCO have been sending vouchers money off if you spend £50.  We have two lots recently, the first of each was for £7 off and the others for £5 off.  That means we have not been shopping at Sainsburys, so they have sent us  6 coupons for £4 off for a £20 spend.  1 coupon per week with a bonus 500 points if you use them all.  

Another thing they do from time to time is give vouchers for money off petrol if you spend a certain amount.

Last week TESCO gave 5p off a litre if you spent £50.  Sainsbury had an offer for 10p off per litre, but I am not sure what the spend was.  In Canterbury, Morrisons have 6p off per litre for a £40 spend, but they are usually 2-4p cheaper than TESCO and 1-3p cheaper than Sainsbury, anyway,  

To get the loyalty card don't you have to give out personal information? I scanned though & article about this but did not pay much attention for I do not have any loyalty cards. And do they sell this information?

• Members

To get the loyalty card don't you have to give out personal information? I scanned though & article about this but did not pay much attention for I do not have any loyalty cards. And do they sell this information?

No they don't sell the information.  You have to be able to opt out of companies passing on information.

Stores can also keep track of your purchases if you pay by card.  I was returning a faulty item which I purchased in France and I thought I had put the till receipt inside it, but I had only put in the Credit Card receipt.    I entered the store by the wrong door and had to go through the shop to the desk.   As I got there the security guard pounced on me as he thought I was stealing it.  Eventually I gave the girl on the desk my card receipt and about 10 minutes later she had obtained a complete listing of my purchases.

• Members

Tip of the day...  :)

Don't wash you car today, it is going to rain and the car will just get dirty again.  Save Water  ...  :spewing:

I wish it would rain.  I need it for my vegetables and flowers.  The weather forcasters keep promising us heavy rain but by the time it gets to this corner, we just get a few spots.   

It started to rain while I was writing this, but it was just a few spots and has stopped now.

• Members

Tip of the day... :)

Buy a new battery for your car now, if the battery is four years or older. Why wait to be caught somewhere with a car that will not start. Now you have to call for service $$$. If you go now to buy one, most places will install it for free. You be set for four more years and won't miss any of your appointments, and save money.

Archived