• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good Tips On Saving Money…. $$$

The Glory Land

• Members

TV signals can be strange, a person can get their TV antenna to high & not get good reception, higher is not necessarily better, even at a great distance. My best reception is jut a few feet over my house top. Any higher & the picture gets worse.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Garage sales, yard sales, attic sales, rummage sales, moving sales, estate auctions.

I have bought suits worth $400-1000 for $3-10 in immaculate condition, my wife and d-i-l just bought about $1200 worth of spotless baby clothes for $8. My wife bought 52 yards of material (cotton, satin and fleece) for $40.

• Members

Where do you guys live? Deep Country... :)

Out in the boondocks, rural United States, in the south, the small town about 6 miles down the road has about 4,800 people, its a great place, if you need something right now they can have it for you tomorrow! Maybe!

• Members

Garage sales, yard sales, attic sales, rummage sales, moving sales, estate auctions.

I have bought suits worth $400-1000 for $3-10 in immaculate condition, my wife and d-i-l just bought about $1200 worth of spotless baby clothes for $8. My wife bought 52 yards of material (cotton, satin and fleece) for $40.

I've found many good deals at such over the years. One of my favorite purchases was a very good, and nearly new set of deep well Craftsman sockets and a good tool box filled with various tools, for something like 15 dollars. I also got a push mower for 5 dollars that served me well for years.

• Members

Boot sales.  Trouble is they are usually on Sundays, although there is sometimes one near here on Saturdays.  Several places near here call them by their French name "Braderie" . The French also call them "Vide Grenier"  (Empty your granary, i.e. attic)  They also have "Puce Marché, flea market.

• Members

Out in the boondocks, rural United States, in the south, the small town about 6 miles down the road has about 4,800 people, its a great place, if you need something right now they can have it for you tomorrow! Maybe!

4,800 people, You don't have any problems with mega chruches up there, I hope. :)

• Members

Save coupons, we save a lot of money that way.  (Some stores around here double them.  They can be found in local papers, usually, and online.

This is so true.  One of our Facebook friends said yesterday that by using coupons she was able to purchase groceries worth $121.17 at only a cost of $1.57 to her.

Know where to buy, and when to buy.  Some stores not only double coupons on certain days, but also triple coupons as well.  I myself have gone to a store with my sister and a friend of hers on one occasion and watched them put over $1000 worth of groceries in a cart, only to have to pay a little over $100 at the checkout.

Too bad we don't get coupons here.  Have checked many online coupon places, but none have coupons for things we use.

• Members

Save money stop drinking that exspense coffee... :coffee2: Starbucks. Start drinking gas station coffee. :)

cheap coffee is cheap and nasty. Not worth saving money there. Better to go without than get cheap junk.
But expensive doesn't always mean nice either......

• Members

I like to sit and have a coffee with my wife when we can and we will pay for a nice coffee.
we have a machine at work which make reasonably good coffee for $1 so I will get one hat work sometimes. Won't have the free instant coffee..... yukk.....

But I have an espresso machine at home which we got at a display sale. Never been used just sat on the shelf in the shop. Less than half price.
My coffee at home is better than most shops - at least we think so. And yes, far cheaper even than work.
Shop coffee around here is between $4 & $6 a cup depending on where you go.

• Members

Save money stop drinking that exspense coffee...  :coffee2: Starbucks. Start drinking gas station coffee. :)

Never had Starbucks, but my daughter says it is rubbish.

I have rarely had a good coffee out.  We like our own, fresh brewed arabica.

• Members

Some of our supermarkets have loyalty cards, giving points for purchases. This means they know when you shop there. So if you don't shop, they send an incentive.  TESCO have been sending vouchers money off if you spend £50.  We have two lots recently, the first of each was for £7 off and the others for £5 off.  That means we have not been shopping at Sainsburys, so they have sent us  6 coupons for £4 off for a £20 spend.  1 coupon per week with a bonus 500 points if you use them all.  

Another thing they do from time to time is give vouchers for money off petrol if you spend a certain amount.

Last week TESCO gave 5p off a litre if you spent £50.  Sainsbury had an offer for 10p off per litre, but I am not sure what the spend was.  In Canterbury, Morrisons have 6p off per litre for a £40 spend, but they are usually 2-4p cheaper than TESCO and 1-3p cheaper than Sainsbury, anyway,  

Archived