• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good Tips On Saving Money…. $$$

The Glory Land

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A local wrecking company sells tires, many of them with very little use, for about half the price of new ones. I just bought a set of 4 for my old '95 Silverado for about $200. Now, with all that tread to wear down, the challenge is to make the truck last another 50k miles or so. It has 251k on it now.

• Members

Its best to buy 4 tires, having all of your tires alike.

Once I went to Walmart to buy a new set of tires. They did not have the brand I wanted in stock, & would not order them. I went across the street to a tire store. They did not have them either, but they ordered them for me, cost, each tire was $25.00 cheaper apiece than at Walmart. That's right, at the tire store I saved $100.00 on a set of tires.

• Members

Tips of the day... :)

Ants are getting into or on your deserts...  :verymad:  "Try putting your desert on a Island."  Put a large deep dinner plate with water in it, does not have to be deep. put a cup in the center of the plate stading in the water. Put your desert plate on top of the cup. You got it, Ants cannot swim or get on to your deserts. Now flys still can...   :(

• Moderators

I always liked hearing about desert islands... :wink

Gotta love how one letter changes a word -- had CPR and 1st aid refresher course today. 2 pages of the instructor's presentation had "chocking hazard" instead of "choking hazard".

• Members

Tip of the day... :)

Do you get ear ache all the time? I have a free cure for you. STOP cleaning you ears so much. That right, you are removing the inner wax that protects you ears. Don't use baby Q -Tips to clean the inner ear. 

After one week you will feel the differences.  :clapping:

• Members

Tip of the day...  :)

Free Digital T.V 

If you television is a flat screen modern and digital, you can watch all the free signals that are available to everyone. All you need is a digital receiver many TV has it built in, and those rabbit ears or a outside intenna. Where I live, I can get around 45 channels, clear and free.  So start saving today... 

:singing: 

• Members

Tip of the day... :)

Do you get ear ache all the time? I have a free cure for you. STOP cleaning you ears so much. That right, you are removing the inner wax that protects you ears. Don't use baby Q -Tips to clean the inner ear. 

After one week you will feel the differences.  :clapping:

I went to my GP with an ear ache a few years ago.  He looked and said, "I see you are a cotton bud man, cotton buds compact the wax in the ear.  Just spray your shower in your ear and you won't get much wax."

• Members

Free Digital T.V 

If you television is a flat screen modern and digital, you can watch all the free signals that are available to everyone. All you need is a digital receiver many TV has it built in, and those rabbit ears or a outside intenna. Where I live, I can get around 45 channels, clear and free.  So start saving today... 

We get about 80 or so free channels on Terestial Freeview TV, I don't use it though, as before we went completely digital I got a lousy picture, and although when we went completely digital they boosted the signal. I have not tried it.  I use Freesat, a similar service with most channels the same, but not all.  

My phone company have offered me a you view box.  This gives catch up TV, and other benefits.  They say the box is usually £300. and they will send an engineer to upgrade my phone line for faster broadband, and give me their fastest wifi router, as well as ½ price phone calls for a month, and they say it won't cost anything.   I said I already had 6 months ½ price calls for renewing my contract with them.  He said the new deal would replace that.  My current 6 month ½ price calls runs out near the end of Sptember.  I asked if I could put of the new deal till then?  He said, "Of course."  So I put the deal on hold.  

I also paid my line rental a year in advance which cost £114 p.a instead of £14.50 per month.  So I am currently paying about £8 per month for calls which includes Broadband, UK calls, most of Europe, Aust and NZ and Canada and USA, although we very rarely make overseas calls.

• Members

Free Digital T.V 

Where I live its even very difficult to get reception on an outside antenna with even with a booster. We are over 100 miles from the closest TV stations.

• Members

Where I live its even very difficult to get reception on an outside antenna with even with a booster. We are over 100 miles from the closest TV stations.

My mother in law used to live about 2 miles from a powerful TV transmitter, but because she lived in a valley, she could not get a satisfactory picture.  They had to tune her TV along the valley to a station about 80 miles away.

• Members

Same situation here. When I was a child there were only 2 or 3 stations that we could pick up with our antenna, and in order to pick up that 3rd station we had to get a special antenna.

Archived