• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good Tips On Saving Money…. $$$

The Glory Land

• Members

Tip of the day... :)

Did you Know that your outside a/c condenser unit should be hose down, at least one a year. The fan pull air through the fins and cools that coil down the unit, at the same time collecting dirt, grass and some places lint from the dryer vent. When the coil gets dirty, it runs a high pressure and then high temprature. This means less cooling, Water only to clean works fine. The unit should be turn off at the disconnect or breaker during cleaning, stay away from wetting the fan motor and the electrical control pannel on the unit. These are on the side where the power come in. It o.k for the compressor to get wet, it does everytimes it rains. The bottom of the outdoor unit does have drains, unclogg them for good drainage.  Then turn back on, still wet, no problem, remember this unit runs during rain days.

TGL  :)    Do it your self and save.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everyonr drinks water when when you take your family out to eat in a resturant, this will cover for most of the tip, that you are going to leave for the table service. Drinks are over two dollars in most places. Just tell the wife and kids before you enter, water for everyone, and tell them why. So they can learn how to save.  :)

• Moderators

Everyonr drinks water when when you take your family out to eat in a resturant, this will cover for most of the tip, that you are going to leave for the table service. Drinks are over two dollars in most places. Just tell the wife and kids before you enter, water for everyone, and tell them why. So they can learn how to save.  :)

You mean agua de horchata doesn't count? Refills are free, does that help?

• Members

We go shopping in the evening  and get the last minute reductions.  Last week we got bread etc at 99% off and some vegetables the same. (Freezer full) This week was not such good reductions but Weds. we got a lot of peaches and nectarines at 5% of the original price.  We bought a lot and our granddaughter who was with us made lots of peach conserve and several peach flans. It helps our pension.   

• Members

We go shopping in the evening and get the last minute reductions. Last week we got bread etc at 99% off and some vegetables the same. (Freezer full) This week was not such good reductions but Weds. we got a lot of peaches and nectarines at 5% of the original price. We bought a lot and our granddaughter who was with us made lots of peach conserve and several peach flans. It helps our pension. [/quote

Peach flan Mmmmm. :)]

• Members

My granddaughter went home today and this evening I called her dad to see if she had arrived safely.  I said she had taken a peach flan with her and had he tried it.  He said he hadn't seen it, but she had a guilty look on her face.  It seems she had eaten it all.

• Members

Buy off brand stuff, it's usually cheaper. 

My father-in-law used to eat only the brand name foods, but he could afford it I guess. 

Another way to save, is on cell phones.  We use a pay as you go type, and buy minutes from a card to add to it.  We mostly only use it for family, and friends, but ask them, if it is not important, or emergency, please use our land line.  It's 10 cents a minute, but we limit used of it.  No online access; no fancy camera, nothing but phone.  It saves a lot of money and we are not obligated to buy minutes until we want to. 

• Members

For the Christian, I suggest you give to God that which he wants. That is the first rule for good money management.

Haggai 1:2-7

2 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the LORD's house should be built.

3 Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,

4 Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste?

5 Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.

6 Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.

7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.

8 Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.

9 Ye looked for much, and, lo it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the LORD of hosts.

Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house.

10 Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth is stayed from her fruit.

11 And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil, and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon cattle, and upon all the labour of the hands

I work in a family business and have seen many pieces of old equipment last years longer then should be expected. Even tires can last longer.

So be careful you don't throw away God's blessing by getting rid of things you are tired of.

• Members

Do your own computer upgrades and repairs. Adding a stick of RAM is as easy as plugging in a lamp and you can also easily replace things like power supplies, modems, ethernet cards or the CPU(main processor)

Take care of your pets and save on vet bills by buying the supplies like syringes, antibiotics, vaccinations etc. and doing it yourself.

If you have a lot of critters, like we do, it can save a bundle.

• Members

Do your own computer upgrades and repairs. Adding a stick of RAM is as easy as plugging in a lamp and you can also easily replace things like power supplies, modems, ethernet cards or the CPU(main processor)

Take care of your pets and save on vet bills by buying the supplies like syringes, antibiotics, vaccinations etc. and doing it yourself.

If you have a lot of critters, like we do, it can save a bundle.

Antibiotics is getting hard to come by, the Vets Association several years back lobbied congress to make it so they only way a person can get antibiotics for his pets, animals is by having a prescription from a Vet. they wanted government control so they could make more money.

The last time I checked the only way I could buy antibiotics from the local Farm Store that I shopped at for many years was buying it in a bottle that says for fish only. And they had no antibiotics that you give by the needle.

• Moderators

Antibiotics is getting hard to come by, the Vets Association several years back lobbied congress to make it so they only way a person can get antibiotics for his pets, animals is by having a prescription from a Vet. they wanted government control so they could make more money.

The last time I checked the only way I could buy antibiotics from the local Farm Store that I shopped at for many years was buying it in a bottle that says for fish only. And they had no antibiotics that you give by the needle.

Fortunately we can still get ours without obtaining it from the vet.

Archived