• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good Tips On Saving Money…. $$$

The Glory Land

• Members

Keep your a/c thermostat at 80 degrees during the day, then lower at night or when you get home from work. Turing it off during the day is not good. Your home get so hot, that it will take you’re a/c 4 hours or more to cool the house down. Also get a digital thermostat some bring daily programing where you will not have to touch it at all, after you have programed it for the seven days. Very important change your a/c filter regularly, every three months or sooner if you have pets.  Pleated filters, keep your unit and vents cleaner.

HVAC Technician Mechanic TGL  :)

Do you have any tips on savings, you will like to share with us.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Use fluorescent bulbs in all your fixtures.

Use ceiling fans in an occupied room because they make you feel cooler at higher temperatures . but turn them off if people are not in the room because they do not lower temperature and your furniture can't feel the breeze anyway. :)

• Members

I'm not going to turn mine up to 80 during the day, I'm old, wife & I are retired.

And if you get a programmable thermostat you will have to have children, or teenager set it, for programmable thermostats are completely adult proof. How do I know, we have one at church!.

• Moderators

I'm not going to turn mine up to 80 during the day, I'm old, wife & I are retired.

And if you get a programmable thermostat you will have to have children, or teenager set it, for programmable thermostats are completely adult proof. How do I know, we have one at church!.

Hate to tell you this brother, but that what the instruction book is for (we have one at the church too).

• Members

Hate to tell you this brother, but that what the instruction book is for (we have one at the church too).

So your much better than all of us old people, that's just great.

Yet its a fact, today's children are up on all the computer programming stuff, much more than us adults.

• Members

I keep ours at 78 all the time.  It doesn't run anyway if it isn't too hot. (at night mostly)  Guess it depends on where you live.

I too am old, and can't figure out those fancy programmable things, which is why I keep it at 78!  I do have a lamp on a timer for when we step out at night (USED to step out, I pretty much am confined to the house/yard now.).  The timer was easier than I expected, but when time change comes, I get confused on which way to reset it :clapping:

Save money -- buy a bicycle for local traveling!  Rurral area?  .

Save coupons, we save a lot of money that way.  (Some stores around here double them.  They can be found in local papers, usually, and online.

(Made a few corrections.  my old fingers try taking over without the brain telling them to!)

• Moderators

So your much better than all of us old people, that's just great.

Yet its a fact, today's children are up on all the computer programming stuff, much more than us adults.

Interesting:

Nothing was said or implied about anyone being "better, superior, or more cognizant" than anyone else

Our ages are not disproportional - I have a brother-in-law your age.

I just said they make instruction books for the thermostats -- like following a "Haynes" or "Chilton" repair manual when replacing the differential gears in your truck or following a TO (USAF technical order) when inspecting 2.75 inch rockets (you are former AF, right?)

• Members

The higer you can keep it, the more $$$ you can save. Now when you walk into a 80 degree home with low humitity, and the outside temp is in the 90's, it feel very good for a while. Good double Ins, windows and good insulation in the attic is a plus.             

Archived