• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

On The Subject Of Womenfolk

• Members

A good quality sermon on women by Brother Justin from the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9voaZOaOKU

Hope the folk here, true Christians and false Christians alike, can understand him despite his foreign accent.

Glory!

Deacon Dixon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9voaZOaOKU

Hope the folk here, true Christians and false Christians alike, can understand him despite his foreign accent.

Glory!

Deacon Dixon

You apparently don't realize that there are at least one Aussie, one New Zealander, and two Limeys ---- ooops, I mean Brits who are members here.   :flip:  

• Members

I'm a southerner, we ain't got no accent.

As a fellow-Georgian, I can attest that he has no accent at all.

...and for what it's worth...it's not y'all...it's yaw.

Example:  We're fixin' to come pick yaw up for church.

Edited to add...

"Fixin' to" is Southern for "about to".

• Members

Easier to understand than most preachers we have here is the USA.  This is the type of sermon you'll never hear from our pulpits. As Bro Maze Jackson said; "most of use are so henpecked, we roost at the foot of the bed at night".

• Members

Easier to understand than most preachers we have here is the USA.  This is the type of sermon you'll never hear from our pulpits. As Bro Maze Jackson said; "most of use are so henpecked, we roost at the foot of the bed at night".

Most preaching I've heard that even touches on anything to do with women is filled with apologies, man bashing "humor", extensive explanation for fear of backlash if even one woman takes something wrong.

No doubt, in many homes the old saying of "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" rings true.

• Moderators

Honestly it seems strange to se someone preach an entire sermon about women. Nowhere in the Bible do I see any sermons preached solely on the subject of women. Yes, women are touched on, as are men and children, but I never see sermons on them. Not sure I see any reason to preach an entire sermon on 'women-folk'.

• Members

Glory!

Deacon Dixon

It seems it was published on YT by DD without any background or bio info.

Published on 2 Jun 2012

I don't know if Brother Justin is a true Christian. It is hard to judge these days. But this is a Biblical talk on the roles of women and the Feminazi war on our society.

Whatever else it is, it isn't a conventional sermon preached to a congregation. He's talking to  a video camera set up in a field. Nice bird song, & a very clear "accent."

• Members

Honestly it seems strange to se someone preach an entire sermon about women. Nowhere in the Bible do I see any sermons preached solely on the subject of women. Yes, women are touched on, as are men and children, but I never see sermons on them. Not sure I see any reason to preach an entire sermon on 'women-folk'.

The above isn't actually a sermon, it's a video presentation.

I've heard a few sermons which mostly dealt with women and a few that mostly dealt with men. Most often they are Mother's Day or Father's Day sermons and the women's message is mostly upbeat and applauding of women, in many churches the pastor is very careful to preach praises especially upon single moms. While I understand there are a few single moms out there who are thus for valid reasons (such as widows, for one example) but for the vast majority of single moms they are in the position they are in from making wrong, and most often sinful, choices, yet this is most often ignored and they are hailed as some kind of heroes. This is following the secular line that women can't be held at fault for any aspect of these matters and a woman raising children without a man somehow makes her more noble, heroic and deserving of praise and special treatment. In all this, married moms tend to get the short notice and sin is ignored.

Meanwhile, sermons geared towards men tend to be more accusatory, tough and even at times demeaning. In such sermons men are often mocked and made the point of jokes. Men are accused of all sorts of evils against women and often given sole blame for there being single mothers and children without dads. Not mentioned is the woman's choice to have unmarried sex with men they should have known better than to be involved with; or in marrying men that were unsaved, or marrying men they knew were unreliable and untrustworthy. After beating up on men for most of the sermon they typically end with calls for men to virtually bow to the feminist culture around us.

Our pastor is more of an expository preacher, so when he preaches he begins at the beginning of a book of the Bible and preaches a portion each Sunday until that book is preached through. So, when he preaches a sermon that's especially directed to men, women, parents, children or such it's in the context of what Scripture directly speaks to them, such as the sections on Ephesians which addresses these matters directly.

I have nothing against topical preaching done biblically, but far too many topical preachers choose their topic, choose what it is they are wanting to say, then look through the Bible for verses to back up their views. That type of topical preaching is dangerous. It's this type which is most often used by those "hobby horse" preachers mentioned elsewhere.

When it comes to the subject of women, or men, or any other individual, group or subject, we need to preach, teach and study what the Word says (in context, rightly divided) and let the Word speak for itself without trying to make it say what we want it to or wish it said.

Archived