• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Riplinger, Local Church Publishers, And Matthew Verschuur

2T3:16

• Members

From Local Church Publishers FAQ:

“... determined to be ‘pure’ by Mr. Verschuur, a young and ambitious Pentecostal man from Australia. His research is fairly exhaustive, and he is to be commended for it. But his conclusions, that the Cambridge text he uses is in all points superior to other Cambridge texts, cannot be defended, at every point. On these points he relies on his ‘Pentecostal’ experiences to defend them, as described in his book, “Guide to the Pure Cambridge Edition of the King James Bible.”

From Gail Riplingers Article I got through links on http://www.ourKJv.com/ :

(page 13-14)

“... determined to be ‘pure’ by Mr. Verschuur, a young Pentecostal man from Australia. His research is fairly exhaustive, and he is to be commended for his zeal for a pure Bible. He is a good friend of the King James Bible, in an era of too many enemies. But his final conclusions, that the Cambridge

setting he uses is in all points superior to other Cambridge settings, cannot be defended,

at every point. On these points he relies on his ‘Pentecostal’ experiences to defend them,

as described in his book.

My conclusion:

It looks like Local Church Publishers took their position from Gail Riplinger with out referencing or quoting her. If you look at Verschuur's 570 “Guide to the PCE” he gives a good argument from the Christians perspective rather than relying on his personal Pentecostal experience. See for yourself, the book is free at bibleprotector.com.

One major difference:

From Riplinger's article it is clear she does not agree with a “jot and tittle” Bible, from Riplinger's article: pg18 “This leads me to conclude that both are acceptable in 1 John 5:8 ” pg 19 “For those who would squabble vehemently about such inconsequential things as the spelling and orthography of words, I would suggest we have a praying competition ”

On the other hand, Riplinger is marginalizing Verschuur, who is a “jot and tittle” King James Bible supporter.

• Members

She thinks S and s are completely interchangeable. Until we are born again little s (spirit) is dead ...

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It is the communication of the little s on earth with the big S that we are indeed the children of God. The case of the letter makes a difference! You want me to quote more of the passage from her article and more bible verses?

I also find it interesting that Local Church Publishers took their stance on Verschuur from Riplinger and their position on what case to put for the s (they switched their bibles from s ---> S) in 1 John 5:8 from her as authority (their position is clearly from Riplingers material ... you want me to post it?)

• Members

Verschuur is the person who started the pure Cambridge ordeal.  As you have pointed out man is fallible, so there is no reason to believe that this theory created my one man is the gospel truth.  It is true that we need to be watching what people do to the KJV, it is the infallible Word of God but I certainly do not follow this MAN to be.

LCBP haw provided on there website an perfectly acceptable answer to your question.

• Members

Verschuur is the person who started the pure Cambridge ordeal.  As you have pointed out man is fallible, so there is no reason to believe that this theory created my one man is the gospel truth.  It is true that we need to be watching what people do to the KJV, it is the infallible Word of God but I certainly do not follow this MAN to be.

LCBP haw provided on there website an perfectly acceptable answer to your question.

No they haven't and I think that is shown in my original post above. You can say that about any one preacher in the pulpit, we need to pray, try the spirits, test things against scripture, and the final decision is between the individual and the Father. You will make and answer for your decision as I will mine.

• Members

The answer from LCBP is on there website anyone can check it out.  Your original post shows that you are parroting what others say and that is it.  Scripture is not of private interpretation. The final decision lies with God and nobody else.

I have went to the original sources and compared instead of using hearsay and other peoples opinions. That not only is not parroting it is establishing a true and verifiable witness. In fact to ensure my witness is true I double checked and you can see for yourself:

http://www.localchurchbiblepublishers.com/about/faq/

• Members

I know the truth but would ask all others who are in doubt to do your own work, don't take anybody's word for this.  What is being done is only bring doubts and questions to the KJB Bible.  The KJB us the infallible Word of God.  Tearing it apart is not establishing anything but the devils work.

Archived