• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

They Shall Mingle Themselves With The Seed Of Men

• Members

The 11th horn, which will be lead by the antichrist will up root the three weak toes and become leader of all ten toes. I believe this is accomplished by the war described in Ezekiel 38 & 39. The countries under Mystery Babylon the apostate Christian church will defeat Russia and the Islamic alliance.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You have to carefully read the texts. The nephalem (like the mule) were not able to reproduce - they were hybrids. We are dealing with genetic manipulation in Genesis 6 and it is implied that it produced hybrids, and it is implied that this occurred in Canaan while the Jews were in Egypt (like Goliath & Ogg).

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Mt. 24:24

There's nothing in the text to suggest this, brother, It's just not there.

I don't doubt that it's possible the angels of heaven who rebel with Satan won't try to once again procreate with the daughters of men (of whom many women would be more than glad to comply with) but it's just not there in the passage. 

If the iron was fallen angels than they would have to set up a whole kingdom here upon earth sometime in the future because the iron that is mingled with the miry clay is most definitely the rulers of the forth kingdom in Daniel's vision (Daniel 2:40). I just don't see that happening. A terrible event like that would surely be outlined in Revelation.

• Members

In Genesis chps 1- 7 we find that every herb, tree and creature reproduces "After his kind."  I have no doubt that this also applies to man.  Man will reproduce "After his kind"  i.e. mankind.

• Members

The translation "giants" from Genesis 6 used the Greek LXX Septuagint word "gigantes".
Gigantes actually means "earth-born" and NOT "giants", even though they were giants.
The Hebrew word in the original text is nephilim. The "sons of God" mated with the "daughters of adam".
It's very clear in the text. The early Catholic church simply didn't feel comfortable with this, and the Sethite doctrine was created.

What does "seed" mean in Daniel 2? "Seed" to me means DNA. The Holy Spirit put it in the text for a reason.

• Members

The translation "giants" from Genesis 6 used the Greek LXX Septuagint word "gigantes".
Gigantes actually means "earth-born" and NOT "giants", even though they were giants.
The Hebrew word in the original text is nephilim. The "sons of God" mated with the "daughters of adam".
It's very clear in the text. The early Catholic church simply didn't feel comfortable with this, and the Sethite doctrine was created.

What does "seed" mean in Daniel 2? "Seed" to me means DNA. The Holy Spirit put it in the text for a reason.

So you are saying the KJV translators used the LXX in Genesis 6?

Brother, once you  start going to the Hebrew and Greek you can prove anything you want to.

"Seed" can simply mean "progeny" or "off spring" as in this verse:

Lev. 22:4- What man soever of the seed of Aaron is a leper, or hath a running issue; he shall not eat of the holy things, until he be clean. And whoso toucheth any thing that is unclean by the dead, or a man whose seed goeth from him;

I doubt the the scripture is referring to DNA. 

It's basically saying that these rulers will try to mingle with the average joe but it won't last. Something the previous rulers in Nebuchadnezzar's vision would never think off.  Remember, each kingdom in Nebuchadnezzar's vision got progressively weaker and democratic. 

So, you had Babylon, the head of gold, where the king was the final word in all things.

Then you had Persia (silver) where the king didn't have the last word. He was restricted at times by his own laws.

Then you had Greece (brass) which became a divided kingdom and was democratic at times.

Then you have the iron kingdom where the rulers were essentially on par with the average man but this wouldn't last and eventually decline into tyranny. This happens to most democratic governments in the long run and we are witnessing it happen now in America.

Rome could be the iron kingdom. Rome was a Republic until the time of Augustus when it became a dictatorship around 30 years prior to the birth of our Lord.

Iron is the most practical of the four metals and could smash all the others metals (gold, silver, brass) but it's the least valuable and impurest of the four.

• Members

You will get a big disagreement on this. I've been called many things for saying the sons of God are fallen angels. And of course that's exactly what they were.

With that said I can see how some can come to the conclusion that they're not fallen angels & I do not ever call them what they call me. 

That you would be called names or vehemently disagreed with is hard for me to imagine.  I am one who disagrees that Genesis 6:2 is speaking of angels myself, but there are MANY Godly conservative Bible-believing scholars who see the issue as you do.  It is ignorance to be un-yielding on that issue.  My favourite Genesis commentator (Henry Morris) is hardly a fool and hardly a liberal, and he agrees with your view here.

I've studied that issue many times, and although I have a different opinion on the matter; anyone who knows a fig about the argument should realize that there are some pretty compelling arguments for your P.O.V.  Anyone who speaks as though the issue is simple and "cut-and-dry" doesn't I.M.O. have a very good grasp of the topic. 

I believe there are very compelling arguments for different opinions on that particular issue.  I don't believe that although it is a great topic of discussion, that anyone can be dogmatic about it.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if when I reach glory I find out I was dead wrong on that subject.

Answers in Genesis has an excellent introductory article on the topic:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v2/n1/who-were-the-nephilim

• Members

In Genesis chps 1- 7 we find that every herb, tree and creature reproduces "After his kind."  I have no doubt that this also applies to man.  Man will reproduce "After his kind"  i.e. mankind.

Your 100% correct, that is when man & woman conceive, but its a totally different story when its a fallen angel & a woman as told to us in Genesis 6:4.

Ge 6:4 ¶ There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

• Moderators

If angels could reproduce, they could only do so 'after their kind', which is the current aspect of the argument-if all things reproduce after their kind, and angels and humans are obviously of different kinds, they could not reproduce anymore than humans and apes, which suerficially appear similar, but are far too different of kinds to procreate. Angels appear as male, but that's a superficial similarity.

• Members

If angels could reproduce, they could only do so 'after their kind', which is the current aspect of the argument-if all things reproduce after their kind, and angels and humans are obviously of different kinds, they could not reproduce anymore than humans and apes, which suerficially appear similar, but are far too different of kinds to procreate. Angels appear as male, but that's a superficial similarity.

I don't agree with the notion, but some have modified their position on the topic to explain it in terms of a demonic possession in which a human is possessed and somewhat physically altered such that their off-spring are mutants.  It's strange, but what precisely are the abilities and physical powers of angelic beings is somewhat debateable I suppose, so they appeal to the lack of information to propose the possibility.  I don't buy it for a number of reasons, but that's how some have gotten around that issue; using a human male as a conduit or subject so-to-speak. 

• Moderators

I don't agree with the notion, but some have modified their position on the topic to explain it in terms of a demonic possession in which a human is possessed and somewhat physically altered such that their off-spring are mutants.  It's strange, but what precisely are the abilities and physical powers of angelic beings is somewhat debateable I suppose, so they appeal to the lack of information to propose the possibility.  I don't buy it for a number of reasons, but that's how some have gotten around that issue; using a human male as a conduit or subject so-to-speak. 

You can agree or not as you like, but all things that reproduce, the Lord created to reproduce after ther kind-its true in all nature. IF God created angels with the ability to reproduce, they should follow the same, and fallen or not, they cannot change their nature. Even if they were possessed humans, they would reproduce as humans, not ahlf-human, half-demon creatures-angels are spirit, and I suspect you can't possess sperm, not yet being a...being.

• Members

Current technology allows insertion of genes from a multitude of species through gene-splicing, thus altering the DNA.
We know that it is possible to splice non-human genes into the human genome. We know nothing of the technological capabilities pre-flood.

• Members

Ge 6:4 ¶ There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

One thing we know for sure, sons of God came in unto the daughter of men & they bare children that became mighty men, that were giants, for that's exactly what the verse in Genesis says, & we know that sons of God = angles, & we know it was not angles in good standing with God, it was fallen angels.

Your welcome to deny it forever, but that's what it says.

That was Satan's 1st try at trying to contaminate the blood line that Christ would come from, but he failed.

Archived