• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Attention Moderators And Administrators

• Members

On another message board, "Dr"JamesAch is falsely claiming that I have "numerous accounts" here.

Obviously, what our false witness bearing friend says elsewhere is not your problem.

However, if what he is saying is true (and, like all the other accusations he's made toward me, it's not), then that would a violation of OB rules.

Would you please investigate this and tell us whether or not I have any other accounts?

• Members

Have you contacted the other board webmaster about this? Also can you PM me a link to the board?

I'm more concerned about disproving his claims that I have "numerous accounts" on OB.

The other board isn't an issue. He's about to be banned from there, anyway.

• Moderators

I'm more concerned about disproving his claims that I have "numerous accounts" on OB.

The other board isn't an issue. He's about to be banned from there, anyway.

While that's understood ("The other board isn't an issue"); at the same time, for an individual who claims to be a born again, IB preacher to be lying about someones's activity on this board (IF that's actually happening) somewhere else (online or off) IS an issue.

• Members

Had Dr Ach wanted an accusation from another board to be known here, I am sure he would gladly have posted it. 

We all know he does not pull any punches.

That said, BroMatt has the link to the post Auburn was complaining about and I am sure he will take appropriate measures.

Regardless, if BroMatt reads the post, he will see that accusations were first made toward Dr Ach by Auburn.  Why is Auburn complaining when he was the original accusing party?

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

I think we should wait to hear from Dr. James Ach's side of the story. Sounds like the OP wants him banned from both websites.

No, not at all. I just want the mods to investigate me to tell me whether or not I have more than one account here.

I know I don't, but I would like their decision as evidence.

And, besides, whether I want him banned from BaptistBoard is a moot point at this point, as he's probably going to be banned, anyway. He's already had two threads closed and a stern rebuke from the mods.

Edited by Auburn88

• Members

Regardless, if BroMatt reads the post, he will see that accusations were first made toward Dr Ach by Auburn.  Why is Auburn complaining when he was the original accusing party?

Even if that were true, I'm not complaining. I'm just asking a question.

Don't you think it's reasonable of me to want to know if I'm breaking the rules by having these alleged "numerous accounts"?

Edited by Auburn88

• Members

Sounds like from your OP the other board is the issue.

Not at all. He's been dealt with on the other board.

What I'm doing is bringing his complaint here to ask the moderators to investigate it and, if warranted, to punish my alleged violation of the rules.

That seems fair, doesn't it? I mean, I'm not above the rules, am I? If his accusation is true, shouldn't it be addressed?

• Members

The thing about investigating does not necessarily mean you don't have more than one account. 

The mods or administrators would have to know other factors as well.  For instance, if you change your ISP, your IP also changes... which means a different IP.  One could sign up under one name and then change IP's and sign up under an entirely different name without being detected.   Or, signing on using a different name while visiting a different location, such as a hospital or library.

Am I accusing you of doing such?  Not at all.  I am just pointing out the fact that one can put multiple names on a board without being detected using several methods.

• Members

The thing about investigating does not necessarily mean you don't have more than one account. 

The mods or administrators would have to know other factors as well.  For instance, if you change your ISP, your IP also changes... which means a different IP.  One could sign up under one name and then change IP's and sign up under an entirely different name without being detected.   Or, signing on using a different name while visiting a different location, such as a hospital or library.

Am I accusing you of doing such?  Not at all.  I am just pointing out the fact that one can put multiple names on a board without being detected using several methods.

Maybe. But I would rather know if they believe I have one or not. Unfortunately, all I have is their word.

• Members

I didn't deem it necessary to even bother responding to this because I have refused to allow members like this to interrupt the cohesiveness of believers on this forum. The atmosphere on this forum is pleasant, productive and fruitful. There are many different views on here and sometimes debates get heated, but everyone here has made a habit of holding each other accountable, and at OB, we have a fellowship here that works.

The atmosphere of BB is vitriolic, spiteful, vengeful, some racism,and is antagonist toward those who do not agree with Calvinism. It is an experience that all of the Non Calvinist have complained about and they have recently begun to "fight back" to the point where it is being referred to as a forum revolution blamed on me.

Evidence was shown here, and on the other forum of Auburn88's tactics, and he was shown to be the instigator. I can show links on the BB where Auburn has degraded me on threads that I didn't even participate on. And it is clear that his intention is to cause strife and discord in an attempt to interrupt the cohesiveness of like-minded believers who are in agreement against doctrines that he doesn't approve of.

On the BB, the mods did not and have not reprimanded me, they did not close MY thread but someone elses, and the "stern warning" from the admin there was directed at EVERY ONE, not just one person in particular. But, why that is somehow relevant to this forum to me shows the true spirit behind Auburn's intentions. If he truly wanted a moderator to prove he had only one account, he could have PM'd Matt to ask for such instead of making a public spectacle out of an issue that he is angry about on another forum. 

I personally would have never raised the issue had Auburn not mentioned my posts and actions on this forum where he attempted to convince others on the BB that I "act like an Arminian" on the OB. This entire fiasco is a caricature created by Auburn, and then when he thought he provoked the response he was looking for, he attempted to play the victim. It didn't work when he tried it here, so then he began to throw my name all over the BB, as I said, in posts that I was not even a part of and of which had nothing to do with me. (I will provide proof of this to anyone that asks in a PM, including Mods if they want to see it).

I and several others have our suspicions that Auburn has more than one account. When he first commented me on the thread about "New Argument Against Calvinism" Post 29, he used a pejorative jab referring to me as a Catholic. Mind you, I had never previously had ANY interaction with him, nor on BB, nor any other forum. This was his very FIRST comment to me. At the time, his account had 10 posts on it. Ten posts in the 3 years he has had the account. It now has 139 posts since he has used it often to ridicule Non Calvinists on here and criticize the believers on OB for being "unkind" "judgmental" "unchristian" because we disagree with Calvinism.

Having multiple accounts like that serves a good purpose from someone who wants to continue debating with their regular account without risking it being banned, by usurping the flow of threads with a "throw away" account.

Is being accused of having more than one account under such circumstances the worst possible accusation that could be levied against Auburn? He seems to think so. But one thing is clear, and I can prove it, and others have already seen the evidence for themselves and weighed in on the matter, that Auburn88, regardless of who he is, started the conflict me, and is not satisfied that I have chosen to ignore him on THIS forum and thus has endeavored to find underhanded ways to try getting under my skin to provoke me here. I refuse to allow him to provoke me here in an attempt to turn the OB into a free-for-all that he is used to on other forums. 

Edited by Dr James Ach