• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jail Ministry

irishman

• Members

Irishman, my buddy wrote with a little more information about his prison ministry experience in Michigan.

The Muhammadens were getting upset that these Christians were actually answering the people's questions and using the Scriptures to do so.  So they complained to the Protestant Chaplain and he told them to stop mentioning the Muslim faith (they were answering questions because the prisoners wanted to know which religion was true), then said to stop talking about Hell and focus on God's love, then stop using the KJV and switch to the NIV.  They continued on until they were told that they (Independent Baptists) were incompatible with the goals of the chaplain and not to come back.  The Muhammadens are still there.

Long before I became a Christian I worked with kids in trouble with the law.  Louis Farrakhan's brand of Muhammadanism was heavily influencing the kids and they became more violent in general but especially towards the women when they converted.  There were no Christians around, just a couple of Communists and Indians recruiting for their man-made religions.

I was run off too, it was frowned upon to turn a bunch of murdering, raping, thieving kids into a cohesive team able to absolutely overwhelm the competition in sport and academic challenges.  They won 26 of 27 events.  

• Members

Wow Swathdiver, hey, What prison was your friend in?  I can have the Rock of Ages rep. be sure that he is visited if he is still there.  I have a web site saved that shows the inmates, and their crime, and sentences,etc. but I need names and ethnic group (if any) to be sure I get the right inmate. (The prison also, of course)

So far we have one prison where the "chaplain" is a Muslim!  He does not allow fundamental Baptists to visit inmates unless they are related, and even then it's "iffy".  A man at our church had a daughter in such a prison, and could not even visit her or have the res for ROA ministries visit her.  That I got first-hand from him.

Archived