• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pre Tribulation Rapture Of The Church

• Members

Think about Noah-he was not removed from the tribulation of the flood, just providentially allowed to ride it out. He still had to live through watching (or hearing), his neighbors and loved ones die in the flood; he still had to ride the flood waters for over a year, and he and his family had to work hard afterward to continue the race. Doesn't sound like much of a rapture.

None of these verses tell us WHEN we will be removed-just that we will. And look at the context, specifically what it says: the comfort has NOTHING, zero, zip, nada, to do with missing the tribulation. In fact, it doesn't even MENTION the tribulation in Thess 4;the specific context of comfort has to do with the surety of again seeing our loved ones who have died in Christ. Read again:

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. "

Its true, God hasn't appointed us to wrath-but the wrath begins directly after the events of Rev 14:14, when Jesus reaps the earth of His harvest. We suffer tribulation, but are not appointed to wrath.

Mike all the seal judgments are the wrath of the Lamb during which 25% of the worlds people will die.

Revelation 6:14-17

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every

bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This is not saying that it is starting now. It is telling us that what we have seen is the great day of his wrath.

• Members

Thanks for responding. Now, why do I dispute that your hermeneutics is literal?

I would be happy to explain why I use a literal hermeneutics when interpreting prophecy.  The first reason is that all prophecy that has already been fulfilled has been fulfilled in a literal way.  This is  obvious to most people.

Obvious? Certainly we should be guided by the fulfilment of prophecy recorded within Scripture. Did Abraham receive what God promised him?

Gen. 13:14 And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Heb. 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The prophecy that has not been fulfilled it would be expected to also be fulfilled in a literal way.  When it comes to Eschatology all methods that replace Israel with the church are simply not valid when scripture is literally interpreted.  A dispensational premillennial view is the only view that makes logical sense.

"Logical sense" but we MUST be guided by Scripture, and not trust our own logic. If we take the promises to the Patriarchs literally, what do we read,and what should we expect? This promise is oft repeated and its fulfilment recorded in Scripture:

Gen. 12:And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice. 

Gal. 3:

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Your assertion about what is called "replacement theology" is not NOT the belief of those you accuse. Israel, in many thousands did believe and were saved. Acts records that truth. Those who rejected their Messiah and the Apostolic Gospel perished as prophesied, Believing Israel lives on, as one redeemed people of God, Jew and Gentile, one body in and of Christ, all Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Deut. 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Mal. 4:Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Gal. 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The early church (Apostles and first century fathers) viewed scripture from a literal standpoint and was still looking for the Messiah to come the second time during their lives.  

So you consider the Apostles were mistaken in their views. Where is that mistake recorded in their writings? Apart from Acts 1:6 Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? A mistake Jesus immediately corrected by repeated the great commission. They certainly didn't get that idea from the teaching of Jesus, or they wouldn't have asked. They NEVER stated that idea in the writings.

After the first century many false schools of interpretation starting using an allegorical method to interpret scripture, which continued until Augustine reasoned that the methods used by the Apostles and first century fathers were correct.  This correction was used for everything except Eschatology, and no reason was ever provided why this correction was ever made.  Likely since a post-millennial  view was created during this time to answer other heresies that had crept into Christianity is the reason that sound hermeneutics was never recovered for eschatology.  

I wouldn't prove anything by writings other than Scripture. There are, of course many ideas about the interpretation of prophecy.   

Later after the reformation theologians returned to sound Eschatology and this has been the standard since the early 1900's.   Makes sense to use a literal reading, it is so much easier that changing the simple definitions of words like, elect, all, everyone, world, whosoever, etc, etc, etc.  

We should understand words and ideas by their context where such words may have several valid meanings, and be used in different senses in Scripture. e.g. in Mal. 4, what is the meaning of "earth"? It must be the LAND of Israel, for the blessed Gospel went out to the nations after Israel (as a nation) rejected it and was declared by the Holy Spirit speaking by Stephen to be "uncircumcised."  

I happen to agree with Clarence Larkin which is why I posted the above. However, I don't need to answer to why I posted this everyone who uses a logical, literal method of interpretation will come to the same conclusion.

I first heard of "replacement theology" when I was given a tract by Larkin. He makes an accusation, then refutes his own accusation. You statement about "everyone ... " may be correct, but Paul denounces that approach as carnal. We must look deeply into Scripture, and read and obey the great spiritual truths God has revealed.

1 Cor. 2:But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

3:And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 

• Moderators

Mike all the seal judgments are the wrath of the Lamb during which 25% of the worlds people will die.

Revelation 6:14-17

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every

bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This is not saying that it is starting now. It is telling us that what we have seen is the great day of his wrath.

Rev 6:12-17

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 14:17-15:1

And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast [it] into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand [and] six hundred furlongs.

And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

These are the two places the wrath of God is found.

As I understand this, the seals are essentially previews of the entire tribulation period, with the wrath being poured out last. The seals seem to encompass various things that we read of later occurring during the tribulation: the coming of the antichrist, and following him war, pestilence and death. we see those killed for the testimony of the Lord, which would correlate with the killing of the 144,000, as well as other martyrs during the tribulation, earthquakes, as the great one in Jerusalem preceding the resurrection of the two wtinesses, stars faling from heaven, and so forth. This is finally completed by the wrath of the Lamb, which, as we see above, occurs after the reaping by the Son of man in the clouds. Which, as everyone knows, can't possibly be the rapture. Yes, being sarcastic-sorry. Its early.

• Moderators

Mike,

Revelation 19

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Mike the city can't put on white linen. The city is not righteous.

Pray for God to give you a proper understanding.

John was shown the lamb's wife and the city. It is important that you understand this, you are important because you are now a moderator and represent us.

No, you misunderstand what I am saying: the white linen, indeed, represents the righteousness of the saints, which they are wearing.

We are not righteous of ourselves-we receive that from God and the Lamb, who will dwell in the city. He is the righteousness of the saints, Where the Lord dwells, righteousness dwells.  And since the Father and the Lamb are the light of the city, and the new earth, so His righteousness is the righteousness of the New Jerusalem. She is adorned in the righteousness of the Lamb, her Husband.

After some consideration, allow me to tweak what I have said just a bit.

The New Jerusalem is the bride, as Old Jerulsaem/Israel was the wife. Meaning, old Israel, nationally, was the husband of God-what is Israel? Was the Lord married to the land? Obviously not, but the the people who made the land what it was. It was Israel, but not the place, but the people. They made up the land.

So the New Jerusalem is the bride of the Lamb in the same way: the righteousness is the righteousness of the saints, who will make up the city-they wll dwell in righteousness in the city. So, yes its the saints, but the saints make up the city.

In the OT, the Lord always referred to His people as 'Israel" or 'Jacob'. So in that time to come, it will be the New Jerusalem, made up of the people, the saints. But is it just the church? No, I believe it will be the saints of all time. Wil Abraham, Isaac and Jacob not be part of the bride, because they lived prior to the church? I don't think so. 

Does this make more sense?

• Members

No, you misunderstand what I am saying: the white linen, indeed, represents the righteousness of the saints, which they are wearing.

We are not righteous of ourselves-we receive that from God and the Lamb, who will dwell in the city. He is the righteousness of the saints, Where the Lord dwells, righteousness dwells.  And since the Father and the Lamb are the light of the city, and the new earth, so His righteousness is the righteousness of the New Jerusalem. She is adorned in the righteousness of the Lamb, her Husband.

The New Jerusalem is the bride, as Old Jerulsaem/Israel was the wife. Meaning, old Israel, nationally, was the husband of God-what is Israel? Was the Lord married to the land? Obviously not, but the the people who made the land what it was. It was Israel, but not the place, but the people. They made up the land.

So the New Jerusalem is the bride of the Lamb in the same way: the righteousness is the righteousness of the saints, who will make up the city-they wll dwell in righteousness in the city. So, yes its the saints, but the saints make up the city.

In the OT, the Lord always referred to His people as 'Israel" or 'Jacob'. So in that time to come, it will be the New Jerusalem, made up of the people, the saints. But is it just the church? No, I believe it will be the saints of all time. Wil Abraham, Isaac and Jacob not be part of the bride, because they lived prior to the church? I don't think so. 

Yes. I agree that the saints of all time will be the bride in the New Jerusalem and the surviving Jews who live in the kingdom will be in the rebuilt Old Jerusalem.

• Members

Mike - unless I am seriously misunderstanding what you are saying - I agree with you !

But not with Eric. I do not see any place in the NH&NE for the old Jerusalem.

The redeemed are one people of God in Christ, resurrected saints living with Christ in glory.

• Members

Yes, I agree with that.

• Members

Mike - unless I am seriously misunderstanding what you are saying - I agree with you !

But not with Eric. I do not see any place in the NH&NE for the old Jerusalem.

The redeemed are one people of God in Christ, resurrected saints living with Christ in glory.

Haggai 2

Haggai 2:1-9

1In the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month, came the word of the LORD by the prophet Haggai, saying,

2Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying,

3Who is left among you that saw this house(((Solomens))) in her first glory? and how do ye see it(((2nd temple))) now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

4Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:

5According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.

6For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

7And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house(((Kingdom temple on earth))) with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

8The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.

9The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Rev 6:12-17

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 14:17-15:1

And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast [it] into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand [and] six hundred furlongs.

And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

These are the two places the wrath of God is found.

As I understand this, the seals are essentially previews of the entire tribulation period, with the wrath being poured out last. The seals seem to encompass various things that we read of later occurring during the tribulation: the coming of the antichrist, and following him war, pestilence and death. we see those killed for the testimony of the Lord, which would correlate with the killing of the 144,000, as well as other martyrs during the tribulation, earthquakes, as the great one in Jerusalem preceding the resurrection of the two wtinesses, stars faling from heaven, and so forth. This is finally completed by the wrath of the Lamb, which, as we see above, occurs after the reaping by the Son of man in the clouds. Which, as everyone knows, can't possibly be the rapture. Yes, being sarcastic-sorry. Its early.

The sixth seal of Rev. 6 and the last two plagues along with the last two woes and the seventh trumpet occur at the same time ending with a great earthquake, shaking of the heavens and the wrath of the Lamb. The previous five seals begin at the midway point of the tribulation when the conqueror on the white horse is revealed. John is essentially recording the Second Coming four times in Revelation just as we have four records of the first coming . This would account for the various judgments i.e seal, vial, trumpet and woe. The reaping of the earth is a rapture but it is a rapture of the tribulation saints (Isaiah 26:17-21) left behind after the man child (i.e. the 144,000 and the two slain witnesses) of Rev. 12. is taken up 3 1/2 years earlier. The rest of the tribulation saints (the woman who flees into the desert) have to endure unto the end of the tribulation for 3 1/2 years.

It's possible that the NT church in this age will see the rise of the Antichrist. If this is the case then the first 3 1/2 years of Daniel's last week may have occurred during Christ's ministry.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

• Members

Haggai 2

Haggai 2:1-9

1In the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month, came the word of the LORD by the prophet Haggai, saying,

2Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying,

3Who is left among you that saw this house(((Solomens))) in her first glory? and how do ye see it(((2nd temple))) now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

4Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:

5According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.

6For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

7And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house(((Kingdom temple on earth))) with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

8The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.

9The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

The New Covenant temple is the redeemed people of God - built with living stones. There will NEVER be another stone temple. The viel was rent from top to bottom.

• Members

The sixth seal of Rev. 6 and the last two plagues along with the last two woes and the seventh trumpet occur at the same time ending with a great earthquake, shaking of the heavens and the wrath of the Lamb. The previous five seals begin at the midway point of the tribulation when the conqueror on the white horse is revealed. John is essentially recording the Second Coming four times in Revelation just as we have four records of the first coming . This would account for the various judgments i.e seal, vial, trumpet and woe. The reaping of the earth is a rapture but it is a rapture of the tribulation saints (Isaiah 26:17-21) left behind after the man child (i.e. the 144,000 and the two slain witnesses) of Rev. 12. is taken up 3 1/2 years earlier. The rest of the tribulation saints (the woman who flees into the desert) have to endure unto the end of the tribulation for 3 1/2 years.

It's possible that the NT church in this age will see the rise of the Antichrist. If this is the case then the first 3 1/2 years of Daniel's last week may have occurred during Christ's ministry.

ASongOfDegrees,

This is what you are seeing.

Five Phases of the First Resurrection

The Five Phases of the First Resurrection

(1) Jesus took the Old Testament saints to Heaven at His ascension. Psalms 68:18KJV, Ephesians 4:8KJV

(2) The Holy Spirit and the church age saints are caught up to heaven before the antichrist is given power in the Christian nations. 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12KJV, and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17KJV also see John16:7-8KJV the Comforter in the church will reprove sin.

(3) The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation11:3, 7-14KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7KJV who where redeemed from the earth. See Revelation 14:1-4KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4KJV

(4) The dead saints from the last half of the tribulation are redeemed from the earth after the tribulation. Revelation 20:4KJV

(5) The dead saints from the Kingdom age will be judged at the great white throne judgment along with the second resurrection sinners. Revelation 20:11-15KJV

• Members

The New Covenant temple is the redeemed people of God - built with living stones. There will NEVER be another stone temple. The viel was rent from top to bottom.

Covenanter,

If you always spiritualize the bible passages, you will never understand it correctly.