• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

For Soulwinners Only

Moved_On

• Members

If someone is upset enough about the Gospel then it's likely they are being heavily convicted by the Holy Ghost. That is evidence the seed has landed.

Perhaps at some point they will finally yield to the Holy Ghost and be born again.

If they persist in fighting the conviction of the Holy Ghost, they will one day be reminded of the opportunity they had and how they chose to harden their hearts rather than submit. They will know their sentence to hell is just as they have no excuse.

• Members

If someone is upset enough about the Gospel then it's likely they are being heavily convicted by the Holy Ghost. That is evidence the seed has landed.

Perhaps at some point they will finally yield to the Holy Ghost and be born again.

If they persist in fighting the conviction of the Holy Ghost, they will one day be reminded of the opportunity they had and how they chose to harden their hearts rather than submit. They will know their sentence to hell is just as they have no excuse.

Your comments really encourage me as this past Thursday while out Soulwinning a guy angrily opened the day and said " I can tell by your shirt that I am not interested!" I happened to be wearing a leftover teen conference polo that said "Jesus, the choice for a new generation"  I love that shirt and have always gotten many compliments on it but this was the first angry reaction I had seen from it.  It startled me as I said "Your not interested in the Lord?" thinking I had misheard him.  He came back with " Get on out of here, I said I don't want to hear it! I'm not interested!"  Every other house out of maybe 30 homes all were very nice and some even said that they would come Sunday. Of course that one guy's reaction resonated over every positive reaction we got.  So your comment made me realize that he was prOBably being worked on by the Holy Spirit and was fighting his convictions.  Oddly enough it was about to rain and he said as we turned around "to stay dry and don't get soaked" with a smile. I think that he was trying to be nice at the end to tell us not to take it personally, but that he was just lashing out at the message on my shirt as it was convicting him even more.

Thanks- Jebarr

• Moderators

Be careful.

18 U.S.C. 1725 states: 
    Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits any mailable matter such
    as statements of accounts, circulars, sale bills, or other like
    matter, on which no postage has been paid, in any letter box
    established, approved, or accepted by the Postal Service for the
    receipt or delivery of mail matter on any mail route with intent to
    avoid payment of lawful postage thereon, shall for each such
    offense be fined under this title.

God bless,

Larry

Do those 'letter boxes' include the little mailboxes on people's houses, or just the official post boxes? Cause up here those get used mostly for newspapers - not mail - and you don't have to pay postage on that! 

• Members

Do those 'letter boxes' include the little mailboxes on people's houses, or just the official post boxes? Cause up here those get used mostly for newspapers - not mail - and you don't have to pay postage on that! 

in any letter box
    established, approved, or accepted by the Postal Service for the
    receipt or delivery of mail matter on any mail route with intent to
    avoid payment of lawful postage thereon, shall for each such
    offense be fined under this title.

Seems like typical legalese written by a lawyer/bureaucrat.  It looks like it can be interpreted to mean whatever they want it to mean in any given circumstance, as long as it is to their advantage.

Is that as clear as mud? :biggrin:

God bless,

Larry

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm not IFB. When it comes to soulwinning you can learn a lot from them. There is an IFB pastor on youtube that does some really, really good instructional videos on soulwinning door to door. Just type in youtube search Steven Anderson 1611.

Like Auburn I live in a really large city and go to events. We do some soulwinning door to door mostly in a muslim neighborhood. Hopefully we can increase our door to door.

I don't agree with everything Steven Anderson says lol. However his soulwinning material is excellent.

One point he really got me on. Was handing out tracts as a substitute for preaching. Faith comes by hearing. He pointed out the Eithopian (passage changed in the NIV by the way) That was reading scripture did not understand it and had to have someone to tell him about it. He then believed and was baptised.

I'd like to thank him for that explanation. Like him I still hand out tracts. However his soulwinning videos has changed the way I do things.

• Members

I dunno Genevanpreacher, I sure like their preaching. Mostly stand their ground lol. I like that. I had a friend of sorts I used to talk with in AOL chat. A IFB preacher from Portland. That was in the late 90s. He would never back down no matter how many denominations were after him. He won my respect for that.

I spend way more time on the streets preaching and soulwinning than I do at Church. With other street preachers. Can't hardly get but about 8 of us out there. With all these Church's to. I understand that I guess. I like the IFB's ablility to get people out soulwinning. Especially the Pastors leading the way. I hate TV. Thats from my Grandfather who was Baptist and I suspect was IFB. Lol he never gave ground either come to think of it. Standing with scripture and not compromising.

Steven Andersons soulwinning series was wonderful in my opinion. It struck a chord and I'm not all that easy to convince. What I am going to use to win souls. It works. I find it easier to listen to people that do what I do. On a regular basis. Besides that the IFB has been soulwinning and encouraging soulwinning for decades. Most Churchs aren't like that now. From what I know.

Archived