• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Presenting The Gospel

• Members

Auburn, are you here just to stir up strife? Because that is certainly how your posts appear.

Honestly? After all the skubalon you've heaped upon me, you'd be stunned by how much I don't care what  you think of me.

Edited by Auburn88

• Members

I'll take that as a "Yes".

You can take it any way you want to. I don't care anymore.

At this point, I know there's no hope of fellowship or, God forbid, acceptance as a brother in Christ, so I'm more or less just posting to kill time between vendors.

• Members

I didn't ask what the Lord knows, He knows all. You disparaged the members of OB by your assertion that we are not involved in spreading the Gospel and making disciples. Why would you do that?

No I didn't disparage and certainly not all; maybe some are convicted. I did exhort and encourage any who are not going out as Jesus commanded. I hope you're not taking offense to good doctrine and reproof.

• Members

No I didn't disparage and certainly not all; maybe some are convicted. I did exhort and encourage any who are not going out as Jesus commanded. I hope you're not taking offense to good doctrine and reproof.

Accusing folks of not doing what they have clearly stated they are doing in various posts has nothing to do with good doctrine or reproof. As far as I can recall only one brother here has said anything about lacking in spreading the Gospel and they admitted their weakness in that area and the need for help. Most of the rest of us here, probably all of us who are regular posters, are on record as to being involved in spreading the Gospel.

Your postings of late seem to be rather abrasive. I understand you are under a lot of pressure with all you and your family have been and still are dealing with. If there is any help I can offer or any further prayer needs, don't hesitate to say so. You, your wife and family are still on my daily fervent prayer list.

• Members

Most of you don´t know what repentance is.

God bless,

calvary

Please enlighten us, brother. 

A good verse to explain repentance.

Rev. 2:5-  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

• Members

Accusing folks of not doing what they have clearly stated they are doing in various posts has nothing to do with good doctrine or reproof. As far as I can recall only one brother here has said anything about lacking in spreading the Gospel and they admitted their weakness in that area and the need for help. Most of the rest of us here, probably all of us who are regular posters, are on record as to being involved in spreading the Gospel.

Your postings of late seem to be rather abrasive. I understand you are under a lot of pressure with all you and your family have been and still are dealing with. If there is any help I can offer or any further prayer needs, don't hesitate to say so. You, your wife and family are still on my daily fervent prayer list.

Only those who feel convicted need voice any concern. Family matters aren't influencing my posts.

• Members

Only those who feel convicted need voice any concern. Family matters aren't influencing my posts.

I'm sorry you feel the need to accuse the brethren here, which looking back at these posts is exactly what you have done. My concern is over false accusations leveled at the brethren.

Since you are obviously uninterested in edifying discussion it seems there is nothing further to discuss here. Good day to you brother.

• Members

An example of repentence.........

Luke 18:13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

Balaam repented of his sins, died and went to hell. He said, I have sinned. (Numbers 22:34). Saul said, I have sinned, was rejected and went to hell. (1 Samuel 15:24). Judas Iscariot said I have sinned and went straight to a bottomless pit. (Acts 1:20) Pharaoh said, I have sinned, he repented and died and went to hell. (Exodus 9:27).

So repentance... is it a changed attitude or a change of heart and if it is, will it get me to heaven? Didn´t seem to work for these characters listed above.

@ SoD, brother, I cannot usurp the role of the Holy Spirit.  :-)

So, many teach that repentance is a turning from sin unto... Jesus. But Biblical speaking, we can turn from all kinds of stuff a never get saved. Repentance alone not mixed with faith is of no value.

I am not so sure we ought to teach repentance as a stand alone doctrine. It is actually one of the doctrines of Soteriology. It is a part of a group of teachings that together stand upon one another, not alone or independent of one another.

God bless,

calvary

• Members

The "repentance" that matters is a turning from sin. 

Ezekiel records that one should "repent and turn from sin"  The words "repent" and "turn" are the same Hebrew word, "shuwb".  So repentance does indeed mean "to turn."  But to turn from what?  To turn from sin, from wickedness, from iniquity.

In Revelation, we read that God gave Jezebel space to repent of her wicked deeds... but she would not repent.

She wasn't told to change her mind about who God is or was... she was told to turn from her sin. 

Repentance involves the turning from sin, else one has not repented properly.

Repentance also must involve faith in Christ.  One can stop a certain sin, but if the evil spirit returns to an empty house, it will return.  Then the repentance was for naught.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Okay, who or what is a "Finneyist" and I've never said I'm okay with anyone making untrue statements. Again, if you bothered to learn some about individuals here you would understand more.

And which, "individual" would that be? One of the individuals who treats me like garbage because I affirm Reformed theology? One of the individuals who treats me like garbage because I like rock music?

• Members

And which, "individual" would that be? One of the individuals who treats me like garbage because I affirm Reformed theology? One of the individuals who treats me like garbage because I like rock music?

See, you've obviously learned something about at least two people here! :clapping: Yet there are many more here with varying beliefs, viewpoints, willingness to discuss, etc.

I'm not going to treat someone like garbage because of Reformed theology or rock music, or any other matter; that's not in keeping with Scripture.

Simply stated, don't assume the thoughts or intents of everyone here, let their words/actions speak for themselves, and realize that everyone here isn't a preprogrammed cyborg, we are individuals.