• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If You Had An Opportunity, Who Here Would You Like To Meet?

• Members

You folks who are worried about unsanitary foods at a buffet should avoid seeing how the foods you buy in the store were prepared, handled and processed. I used to have to pick up pork products from a well known butcher plant in Virginia and Carolina and if you ever saw how filthy it was there you'd go vegetarian. 

Maybe my standards are low from being a former OTR truck driver who's had to eat in plenty of greasy spoons but I have yet to ever get sick from eating at any buffet. Most of the cases of Salmonella I've heard about come from restaurants where the veggies that come in from Mexico aren't washed properly.

• Members

I've been a truck driver most of my life, & I'm one of them that spoke of nasty buffets. So no, it has nothing to do with truck driving.

I enjoyed eating in many greasy spoon truck stops, but I was picky at times, & some I did not go back to & or if I did would only drink coffee.

• Members

You folks who are worried about unsanitary foods at a buffet should avoid seeing how the foods you buy in the store were prepared, handled and processed. I used to have to pick up pork products from a well known butcher plant in Virginia and Carolina and if you ever saw how filthy it was there you'd go vegetarian. 

Maybe my standards are low from being a former OTR truck driver who's had to eat in plenty of greasy spoons but I have yet to ever get sick from eating at any buffet. Most of the cases of Salmonella I've heard about come from restaurants where the veggies that come in from Mexico aren't washed properly.

I don't like stinky, dirty restaurants of any type.  haha.  I went into an Olive Garden once where I smelled body odor and my stomach turned.   I'm sure I would hate to see what is done in the kitchen, but as long as I can't see it or smell it, at least I don't mind eating there as much!

I don't care for diners much, either.

Ironically, though, I love McDonalds.  LOL!

• Administrators

I love venison.  Didn't like it for the longest time because of the way it was cooked, but when we hit a deer, I learned to fix it so that it was tasty.  Also, one of the families I babysat for paid us in venison - roasts and ground.  Good stuff!  My mom had rattlesnake when she was younger and said that the texture was like chicken, but not the flavor, and she didn't want to try it again.  I had squirrel gravy in college once and thought it was pretty good.

My tummy always gets a bit upset when we go to a buffet like Ryan's or the Chinese one in the next town.  The few times I've gone to a Golden Corral I haven't had any problems.  Aren't we glad the marriage supper won't be buffet?   :clapping:

• Members

I love venison.  Didn't like it for the longest time because of the way it was cooked, but when we hit a deer, I learned to fix it so that it was tasty.  Also, one of the families I babysat for paid us in venison - roasts and ground.  Good stuff!  My mom had rattlesnake when she was younger and said that the texture was like chicken, but not the flavor, and she didn't want to try it again.  I had squirrel gravy in college once and thought it was pretty good.

My tummy always gets a bit upset when we go to a buffet like Ryan's or the Chinese one in the next town.  The few times I've gone to a Golden Corral I haven't had any problems.  Aren't we glad the marriage supper won't be buffet?   :clapping:

Nothing like good road kill huh?  :ROFL:

In addition to the many deer I have shot, I've hit several with the car and truck and put them in the freezer too. A couple of those I had to finish off. I'm not killing any of my sheep though, huh uh. My son says he will do it.

I've also eaten squirrel, wild rabbit, tame rabbit, softshell turtle, gopher tortoise( I did not kill it), quail, dove, wild hog, bison, elk, frog legs, alligator and various mystery meats at Chinese restaurants.

Edited by heartstrings

• 4 years later...