• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If You Had An Opportunity, Who Here Would You Like To Meet?

• Members

If you fry it or put enough barbecue sauce on it almost anything can taste good. Including snakes I suppose.

Barbecue sauce, isn't that to put on meat that does not taste good, that's ruined, spoiled, so you can hide the bad tastes & people will eat it?

• Members

I like pork, beef, chicken, turkey, emu, pheasant, quail, dove, elk, raccoon, squirrel, armadillo, alligator, shrimp, crab, scallops, frog legs, octopus, squid, dog.

I don't like possum, eel, fish.

Trying rattlesnake this summer.

LOVE fruits, nuts, berries and vegetables.

Emu?

Strange one to include in that list.......
I have tried it, but there are a few around here.

Tried kangaroo?
I like.... :D

Not that keen on croc.
I was sitting in the restaurant, and when waiter came and asked for my order I said " I would like the crocodile entre', and make it snappy!"

:D
Sorry, I couldn't resist.....

• Members

Buffets are unsanitary and the food is such low quality and of questionable freshness and temperature!   If I wanted cafeteria food served from #10 cans, I'd go to a school.  LOL.    I've been to a couple higher quality buffets and they were better, but then you pay a LOT of money,and it's usually a buffet that goes along with a main course...like Rodezio Grill has a fancy buffet and then all the fresh meat you can eat but then you're going to pay over $50/person.

I went to a Chinese buffet a few times around here that seems large, clean, and the food decent...but it still slightly turns my stomach to go to them.  I can't stand the idea of scooping up food in line after strangers (sneeze guards notwithstanding...I still have to touch the serving spoons after they did), and it also sort of makes me sick to look at people piling food of all types on their plates as if they'll never get another meal in their life.  haha.

Can you tell I'm anti-buffet????   I must not be a real IFB or something.  haha.

Oh, as a side note, I will go to a Pizza Hut or CiCi's buffet, because the pizzas are served fresh and eaten up faster than they can sit there and rot or be sneezed on, so those are not quite as bad as the big #10 can buffets.  haha.

• Moderators

I like pork, beef, chicken, turkey, emu, pheasant, quail, dove, elk, raccoon, squirrel, armadillo, alligator, shrimp, crab, scallops, frog legs, octopus, squid, dog.

I don't like possum, eel, fish.

Trying rattlesnake this summer.

LOVE fruits, nuts, berries and vegetables.

What about venison, bison or moose?
Venison...mmm... Edited by salyan

• Members

Venison is good if cooked right!  Same with Caribou.  Elk is yummy, Bison is yummy.    I've had frog legs and rabbit and don't remember if I liked them.  I don't like the idea of eating frog legs though, ew.    I tried squirrel legs once, yuck.

My dad tells me that at the Rodezio in Utah, if you go in January or February they have a special where they serve unique meats like rattlesnake and elk and things like that.

• Members

Venison...mmm...

Bison is good you just have to watch that you don't overcook it because of the low fat content.  It is very lean.  They say that rattlesnake tastes like chicken, but I don't think so and would not pay to eat it, again.  Venison is good but for years growing up  that is all we ate, so I don't eat much anymore.  Groundhog is not horrible if they are young, bear can be very greasy, wild turkey is OK but when you can go to the store and buy one for half the price of the hunting license, why not.

• Moderators

Venison...mmm...

Love venison (shoot 2-3 deer every year), like buffalo, never had moose,caribou, or reindeer -- we don't have any around here).

Edited by Old fashioned

• Moderators

Bison is good you just have to watch that you don't overcook it because of the low fat content. It is very lean. They say that rattlesnake tastes like chicken, but I don't think so and would not pay to eat it, again. Venison is good but for years growing up that is all we ate, so I don't eat much anymore. Groundhog is not horrible if they are young, bear can be very greasy, wild turkey is OK but when you can go to the store and buy one for half the price of the hunting license, why not.

That's all I ate growing up too, and I miss it! Don't care for moose so much - it's a bit strong.

I had frog legs once, Kita! 1/2 inch of one, anyway. Just so I could say I did. :wink. It tasted like chicken. :P

• Members

I had caribou for the first time when I went to see my brother in Alaska a couple Novembers ago. I cooked it in a stew....it was very tough meat, but after simmering in stew for six hours, it got nice and tender and tasted like beef. I find with several of the wild meats if you cook it, then slice and simmer in gravy or sauce, it tastes very nice.

• Members

Buffets are unsanitary and the food is such low quality and of questionable freshness and temperature!   If I wanted cafeteria food served from #10 cans, I'd go to a school.  LOL.    I've been to a couple higher quality buffets and they were better, but then you pay a LOT of money,and it's usually a buffet that goes along with a main course...like Rodezio Grill has a fancy buffet and then all the fresh meat you can eat but then you're going to pay over $50/person.

I went to a Chinese buffet a few times around here that seems large, clean, and the food decent...but it still slightly turns my stomach to go to them.  I can't stand the idea of scooping up food in line after strangers (sneeze guards notwithstanding...I still have to touch the serving spoons after they did), and it also sort of makes me sick to look at people piling food of all types on their plates as if they'll never get another meal in their life.  haha.

Can you tell I'm anti-buffet????   I must not be a real IFB or something.  haha.

Oh, as a side note, I will go to a Pizza Hut or CiCi's buffet, because the pizzas are served fresh and eaten up faster than they can sit there and rot or be sneezed on, so those are not quite as bad as the big #10 can buffets.  haha.

I agree 100%. they are nasty. People pick around in the food. Even children picks around in the food with their dirty hands. I can hardly stand them.

I've seen people bend over, stick their heard up under the cover to get a closer look, breathing right on the food, talking with spittle going all over the food, put stuff in a dirty plate, take it back off putting it back down!

The only one that's safe is one with employees standing behind it placing your food in a clean plate while they're wearing proper gloves & such, the food is covered so the customer can't touch it, & the customer taking the plate from them.