• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Reformers Unanimous Ministry

• Members

First off I would like to say how grateful I am that OLB has this section of the board. I have stayed away for while in part because of some of the strife and contention in some of the open topics by people who are not IFB's. It is nice to be in a place where you can let your guard down so to speak. I have also very busy at work, church and as the administrator of the RU boards. Both forums are a wonderful place for Christians to fellowship and learn biblical principles from one another.

I want to thank Brother Matt for his tremendous support of the Reformers Unanaimous Ministry and I would like to encourage OLB members to come visit our forums and allow us the opportunity to help you minister to the addicted in your church and community.

God Bless!

Mike Higgins

Hi Mike. My name is Molly. I am from Cleveland, OH. Cleveland Baptist Church (not my IFB church) has a wonderful RU Ministry that is run by Gene Piazza and his wife.

I have been there a couple of times. I took my brother one time, however; he is presently court order in Alcoholics Anonymous. My hubby and I are praying for his salvation....baby steps. His name is Larry, and I would appreciate your prayers for him. He has been sober since March. :amen:

What people have told me about RU...and from what I have read, is that it deals with all vices (addictions.) The one time I was there...I used to drive a lady from my old IFB church---they were talking about food (overeating.) It was so funny. :lol:

• Members

Most probation officers would accept attendance at RU as a legitimate substitute. He would need to get permission first. The big difference with RU and the secular programs is the difference between sobriety and freedom. Sobriety is not using but still having the desire (in other words your miserable). Freedom is when God removes the desire and you enjoy the joy of the Lord.

RU is basically a discipleship program designed to help believers develop a walk with the Lord. Strongholds come in many areas and overeating is certainly one of them. I would not giggle too hard about the folks struggling with the weight issue. Many people deal with this and it robs their joy. There are also some skinny folks who take a very self righteous attitude about it because it is not something they have to deal with (they are blessed with a high metabolism). It is sad how easily the devil can get us divided an at each other. I'll pray for Larry. The secular "A" programs can't provide him freedom. Only Jesus can.

Gene Piazza is a terrific guy BTW.