• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Pastor Scott Markle,
re:  "Nehemiah thought that the sabbath day began at sunset."

But I doubt that Nehemiah thought that the Messiah would be crucified on the 6th day of the week. 

re:  "As far as the question in the original posting, I cannot answer...I am convinced that our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on Thursday."

And as such, this topic does not really apply to you. 

Edited by rstrats

• 5 months later...
  • Members

In thinking about it, I realize that it doesn't make any difference with regard to sunset versus sunrise; there would still be a lack of a third night with a 6th day of the week crucifixion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Point #5 in post #102 should be changed to read:  To account for the discrepancy, there may be some of the above who say that the Messiah was using common figure of speech/colloquial language of the time, i.e., that it is was common to forecast or say that a day or a night would be involved with an event when no part of the day or no part of the night could occur. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Maybe someone new visiting this topic who believes the Messiah died on the 6th day of the week and who thinks He was using common figure of speech/colloquial language in Matthew 12:40 might know of examples to support the idea of commonality.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

In that case then, you will have one person who thinks this way. 

re:  "In that case then, you will have one person who thinks this way."

I thought most Baptists think the crucifixion occurred on the 6th day of the week.  Has that belief changed?

• Members
16 minutes ago, rstrats said:

re:  "In that case then, you will have one person who thinks this way."

I thought most Baptists think the crucifixion occurred on the 6th day of the week.  Has that belief changed?

Actually, the great majority of Independent, Fundamental Baptists that I know believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on Wednesday.

I myself believe strongly that our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on Thursday.

I myself am not aware of a single Independent, Fundamental Baptist who holds that our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on Friday, no, not even a single one.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle