• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Anyone know someplace on-line I can find a time-line chart of the books of the Bible (I'm thinking OT) that I can show my kids to demonstrate which books cover the same timeframe in history? I think I'm googling the wrong words, I keep pulling up time-lines of when those books were written, not of when the actual events took place. Thanks.

• Members

Chronology of the OT is a better search. There is more than one chronology...that is, books and events. It sounds like you're looking to chronology the OT events in the books. Do you want to take the verses in Kings and compare with the verses in some prophets. Like 2 Kings to Jeremiah?

• Administrators

Here's one:

http://www.biblestudy.org/beginner/timelineot.html

And another:

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/ottimlin.html

And here's a book - don't know anything about the author:

http://store.nwcreation.net/chofoldte.html

Something we did in college might be fun for your kids. We had to make a chart of the kings of Israel and Judah, putting them in chronological order. The chart was on a piece of posterboard, and the kings were compared side by side, since they overlapped. Then, on the outside of the chart, we had to put the prophets that lived during their reigns. It was fun, interesting, challenging and educational!

• Members
Chronology of the OT is a better search. There is more than one chronology...that is' date=' books and events. It sounds like you're looking to chronology the OT events in the books. Do you want to take the verses in Kings and compare with the verses in some prophets. Like 2 Kings to Jeremiah?

Yup, exactly! I thought it would be really helpful to find a chart or something that would show the "big picture" of how it all fits together. So far, I've found it in a "list" type format only.

• Members

Yup, exactly! I thought it would be really helpful to find a chart or something that would show the "big picture" of how it all fits together. So far, I've found it in a "list" type format only.

I believe there is a Bible arranged this way. You should be able to google for it or through your local and/or online Christian Bookstore. There isn't a lot of request for this so, maybe you could get a good deal. I recently completed a study of Jeremiah 5 with 2 Chronicals 36...WOW, is the best way to describe the blessing from it. Anyway, it isn't easy going back and forth so, maybe if you find something share with us.

In the interim, I will ask my Pastor and our music director about it. We discussed this about a week ago.