• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Women Preachers

• Members

Thus Saith The Lord:
?Women Preachers?
More and more commonly as we move into the ?last days? we?re seeing the departure from ?sound doctrine? II Tim 4:2-4. I?ve been asked by more than a few why the Fundamental Independent Baptist and some other denominations forbid women preachers while others allow them? The answer is not well accepted in these days of apostasy: The Bible clearly, unquestionably forbids it: The ?Pastoral letters? of I & II Tim and Titus deal with it bluntly: "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence" 1st Timothy 2:11-12. Many women get outraged and respond in anger and bitterness if anyone points the words of God out on this matter. Lets look though at more of God?s word ?The head of the woman is the man I Cor 11:3 and I Corinthians 14:34-35 Let your women keep silent in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. God knew that many would hate Paul for these words and even try to explain them away, so he added ?If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant?. There it is, plain as day in your Bible! If you accept them you?ll be called a chauvinist, hateful, prejudiced, a legalist or just mean-spirited and you?ll be fed a dozen ?explanations? for why women can preach & pastor. [see Mark 7:10-13]. There are hundreds of verses demonstrating this simple truth but for just ONE lets look at Genesis chapter 3 vs 13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? Then in 16 God told Eve I will greatly multiply thy sorrow ??thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee?. When explaining that women can?t be preachers or pastors in I Timothy 2, God pointed back to Genesis 3 and said ?I suffer not a woman to teach, nor usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence? [i Tim 2:12] not much question there! In I Tim 3 God outlined the requirements for pastors (Elders), preachers & deacons. His repeated words are HE, HIM, HIS, HUSBAND and how their ?wives? must behave. In Genesis God rebuked Adam for ?hearkening? {submitting to} his wife and then put all women forever thereafter under the authority and rule of their husbands. From then on God held Adam, and all husbands after him, accountable as the head of the family [Eph 5:22-25]. You see, God?s divine plan and order for the family is A HUSBAND & A WIFE. God ordained that the local church, like the family, is the household of God [Eph 2:19] and that household has a husband (the groom, head) and a wife (the bride, body). For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church Eph 5:23, 32! The Pastor (is a type of the bridegroom, husband, father) with authority & accountability for the flock (church, bride, wife, woman) in HIS care [i Thess 5:12, I Tim 1:3, Heb 13:7, 17] He answers for its actions and decisions like a husband answers for the wife and children. Women (wives) are never ?the groom? or ?Husband? or ?Head of the wife? in God?s order. Ignoring this simple truth has devastated America in the last 50 yrs! Christ is ?the Groom? or ?husband? and his type or picture is the Pastor (the husband, the head) and thereby obviously a man. The Bride (the body of Christ, the church) awaits her Bridegroom (husband / Christ) ?the groom? {our Lord, Son of God, Son of Man}. A woman makes a beautiful picture of the bride of Christ (the church) in scripture, with a vitally important role and ministry only she can fulfill! Today as I write this, the church is called in scripture a Bride who waits for her husband! My wife & daughter cannot be the husband / father or head of the family in God?s ordain order?{they?re smarter than I am and could do it better than I can!}, but God said ?no? and they love him enough to accept HIS ordained role for women. They don't consider God?s ordained order an insult or degrading, but honorable, loving and vital!

I later added the subsequent article - Trusting the Bible on "women's Ministry" see this section for that follow up article.