Online Baptist

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
what????  Catholics ARE Christian!!  I feel sorry for your lack of education on a topic you are NOT obviously able to talk about!

There is one & only one way to become a Christian, you must be born again, & that is done thanks to God' mercy, its by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works, its a gift. Its very plain in these two verses.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And the RCC does not teach that, so they do not even know how to become a Christian nor teach people how to be a Christian.

The RCC is a man built church that teaches doctrine of man for the commandments of God.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most Christian boards out there have little to no discernment. They reject the KJB, accept infant Baptism and most even call Catholics Christians. This site seems to be one of the few places left for

...and I count it a blessing! I was a member of the forum 1858remington.com and the enemies of Christ (professing Christians) have banned me for quoting God's Word in the off-topic section. I told

Catholics cannot get no closer to Jesus than 325 to 350.    I'm not a protestant, never have been, never will be, we were never a part of the RCC, we were around when their birth came about.   Che

• Members
There is one & only one way to become a Christian, you must be born again, & that is done thanks to God' mercy, its by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works, its a gift. Its very plain in these two verses.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And the RCC does not teach that, so they do not even know how to become a Christian nor teach people how to be a Christian.

The RCC is a man built church that teaches doctrine of man for the commandments of God.

Ehp. is IN our bible.  Along with other books of the bible that protest(ants) rejected.  We as Catholics have the WHOLE bible.  The RCC was here on this earth 1500 years prior to your protest(ant) churches.  You broke away from the RCC because you didn't agree with much of the doctrines.  Then you spit up again and again.  You can't even agree amongst yourselves.  Does it not even shame you that there are so many denominations of protest(ants)?  There is  only one true apostolic Church.

• Members

How does saying the rosary or multiple hail mary's line up with this verse?

Matthew 6:7  But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

I am sorry to say this but by the time of Constantine, your "Mother" church had fully apostasized from the teachings of the Apostles and had adopted all manner of the paganism of rome and just rebranded it as "Christian".  You are being decieved.  May God grant you the Grace to see that Salvation is found in Christ alone.  If the teachings of your "church" contradict scripture, then it proves itself to be disqualified as being a Church.

Ehp. is IN our bible.  Along with other books of the bible that protest(ants) rejected.  We as Catholics have the WHOLE bible.  The RCC was here on this earth 1500 years prior to your protest(ant) churches.  You broke away from the RCC because you didn't agree with much of the doctrines.  Then you spit up again and again.  You can't even agree amongst yourselves.  Does it not even shame you that there are so many denominations of protest(ants)?  There is  only one true apostolic Church.

Catholics cannot get no closer to Jesus than 325 to 350. 

I'm not a protestant, never have been, never will be, we were never a part of the RCC, we were around when their birth came about.

Check it out for yourself, don't just blindly follow man.

Trail of Blood

Trail of Blood chart

Baptist history

The Holy Bible is provider to us by God, He is the one who inspired it, & His truth can only be found in that old KJ Bible.

This is exactly what the liberals are doing to America today.  They discuss flat out lies as if it were true and people who have little or no knowledge of the truth believe these lies.  We should not be surprised this is what God told us would happen.

2 Timothy 4:1-5  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;  (2)  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.  (3)  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  (4)  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.  (5)  But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
  • 1 month later...

what????  Catholics ARE Christian!!  I feel sorry for your lack of education on a topic you are NOT obviously able to talk about!

I'm not really sure where on these boards this topic would fit in, but I'd be happy to explain why we believe the differences between Catholics and Christians

Just to clarify, Protestants didn't reject them. I'm not sure where you got that information, but we didn't reject them. We just do not consider them inspired and, as a result, chose not to add them.

The

RCC was here on this earth 1500 years prior to your protest(ant) churches.

Actually, there are Protestant groups that existed long before the Reformation. I teach Church History and would be happy to answer any questions you might have in this area.

&nbs

p;You broke away from the RCC because you didn't agree with much of the doctrines.

Again, just to clarify,  the Reformation (and, thus, Protestant churches) were not a rebellion against Catholicism, but an attempt within Catholicism to reform the Catholic Church (hence, the name Reformation) and return Christianity to its Biblical roots, at a time when the Catholic Church had become increasingly heretical and corrupt.

Then you spit up again and again.  You can't even agree amongst yourselves.

That's a very common misconception among Catholics, but the truth is, we do agree. In fact we have confessions, catechisms, and creeds in Christianity that exist for the sole purpose of codifying our agreement.

Does it not even shame you that there are so many denominations of protest(ants)?

Not at all. To the contrary, I think it can be a good thing because it acts as a kind of pressure relief valve wherein we can fellowship with like minded believers, while avoiding non-essential doctrines and matters of adiaphora that can lead to squabbling and church splits. Does it shame you that there are more than 240 dvisions within the Catholic Church?

Edited by Auburn88
  • 2 months later...

Yesterday there's was a post about an explosion and injury at a black powder vendor.  The adult son was severely injured.  I made a post on that black powder forum urging Christians to pray for them and his friends and family and additionally to pray for his salvation if he were not saved.

Some yoyo censored that portion of the post.  The next response was from a "christian" chastising me for urging only Christians to vote and not everyone, that by doing so I was alienating members and making them believe that this was a Christian forum.  Well, the owner's claim to be Christian and they even shut down the forum for Christmas Eve and Day.  It never ceases to amaze me the words people will put into your mouth and their jumping to conclusions on things you never even said or contemplated.   :hsyft:   I guess that "christian" never read John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  :clapping: 

I replied in general that I was offended at being censored and told them not to do it again.  That of course was censored too!   :smilie_loco:4

Later on a private message arrived.  This one from a guy with a cross inlayed on his rifle's buttstock, telling me to exercise some christian forgiveness and not to push my views onto people.   :icon_confused:   Is there a lunatic icon?   :drool:

So one sentence asking Christians to pray for a man and his salvation (if he needs savin') and the world went nutso.  We're truly in the last days!   :icon_pray:

End of rant...

Edited by swathdiver

Well, it seems they ARE unbelievers!

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. - Mark 8:38

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. - Romans 1:16

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. - Romans 5:5

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. - Romans 9:33

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. - Romans 10:11

What does one call a "Christian" who cowers to worldly thinking?  A coward or an infidel?