Online Baptist

Update 1-Morning-After Pills Available To N.y. High School Students

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
UPDATE 1-Morning-after pills available to N.Y. high school students

"New York State Assemblyman Marcos Crespo, a Democrat who
represents parts of the South Bronx, called on Mayor Michael
Bloomberg to immediately kill the program."

I agree with this man, & this is a good reason for Christians not to have their children in public school.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A widow friend of mine actually had an anonymous church member pay for her 2 sons to go to Christian school one year. She was so grateful, but never found out who it was. If only more people were so

Yes, exactly! PARENTS are to bring their children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Not teachers, no requirement is placed on public schools, OR doctors, dentists, grocery store clerks, gas s

John 17 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, bu

First of all, in any government school program, few parents get to "opt out" because they usually hear about the offending program after the fact. All questionable or extracurricular activities should be "opt in" so that parents, not the government, can decide what is best for their child.

Next, they won't give your kid an aspirin but they'll bend over backwards to help a child kill her baby! Worse yet, they won't even inform the parents! So they'll send a notice home looking for permission to go on a field trip to the zoo but will drive your kid to the nearest Planned Parenthood to kill your grand-child in secrecy.

The lunacy and pure evil of today's government schools.

• Lady Administrators

I read this in the paper this morning...and then I thought how ludicrous: can't buy 20 ounces of soda, but your kids get free pills that encourage them to have sex. Makes sense to me. Not. My, how confused sin makes people.

• Advanced Member

Yes,

I agree with this man, & this is a good reason for Christians not to have their children in public school.

Yes, I agree but unfortunately not every Christian can afford to do this. And in New York City there may not be many Christian schools. Edited by Wilchbla

Yes,

Yes, I agree but unfortunately not every Christian can afford to do this. And in New York City there may not be many Christian schools.

I would homeschool or move rather than allow my children to attend a public school in a city. Of course, I wouldn't live in a city anyway.
  • Advanced Member

I would homeschool or move rather than allow my children to attend a public school in a city. Of course, I wouldn't live in a city anyway.

This is easy for you to say but not everyone can just up and move nor do they have the ability to educate. There is such a thing as poor and ignorant Christians. And some people are in the city because they are born there. Not every born again believer is a middle class Baptist from the rural South.

This is easy for you to say but not everyone can just up and move nor do they have the ability to educate. There is such a thing as poor and ignorant Christians. And some people are in the city because they are born there. Not every born again believer is a middle class Baptist from the rural South.

Yeah, me! The Lord gave us our daily bread and that's it, no food for the morrow, I have one pair of pants and we're behind in all of our bills. And yet, they are attending our church's academy and getting the Christian education that God commands. They will never set foot in a government school, over my dead body.
And in New York City there may not be many Christian schools.

There aren't any, I've looked. Besides, Christians aren't supposed to be living there anyway. Even during the times of our Founders, the citizens knew that NYC was an evil and crooked place; books were even printed on what parts to avoid if you had to pass through or stay for a short time.

Why can't anyone just up and move? They have done so for centuries and it's much easier today with so many forms of assistance and places across the country to get temporary (in some cases long term) living, food, clothes, training, etc.

It doesn't take a really bright mind to educate their own children. One mom, with only a 4th grade education who could barely read, realized her children were not being educated in the public schools. She had them go to the library to read and check out books and required them to write reports each week. At least one of her children went on to become a doctor.

I have a Bachelors degree and completed several courses towards a Master's degree and without a doubt most of what I've learned over the years and what I've learned that has served me most and best, came from self-study, not from schooling.

In any event, as the saying goes, where there's a will, there's a way. Poor, uneducated parents managed in the past, many do now, so could others. When it comes to Christians, they don't even have to go it alone, God will be with them.
  • Advanced Member

There aren't any, I've looked. Besides, Christians aren't supposed to be living there anyway. Even during the times of our Founders, the citizens knew that NYC was an evil and crooked place; books were even printed on what parts to avoid if you had to pass through or stay for a short time.

Christians aren't suppose to be living in NYC? Where do you get this? The whole world is crooked including the South. I guess we shouldn't be living in the world but we are.
  • Advanced Member

I'm sure there is some somewhere. I know of one good church on Staten Island with a preacher that would preach the devil out of you. But getting there every Sunday may be a problem for someone who lives, say, in Brooklyn.

I'm sure there is some somewhere. I know of one good church on Staten Island with a preacher that would preach the devil out of you. But getting there every Sunday may be a problem for someone who lives, say, in Brooklyn.

I've heard folks talk about Catholic schools in NYC but never Christian ones, yet one would think in a place that size there would be Christians schools, even if they are not sound; even so, as big as NYC is there should be at least one sound Christian school somewhere shouldn't there?
  • Advanced Member

I've heard folks talk about Catholic schools in NYC but never Christian ones, yet one would think in a place that size there would be Christians schools, even if they are not sound; even so, as big as NYC is there should be at least one sound Christian school somewhere shouldn't there?

This church has a Christian school. They don't call themselves Baptist but if you read their doctrinal statement you'll see that they basically are. This church was a big supporter of a Christian camp for troubled youth that I spent six years at.

http://www.firstbible.org/index.html

One of the men in this church used to hold services with the businessmen in one of the World Trade Centers for years. I always wondered what happened to him on 9/11.

This church has a Christian school. They don't call themselves Baptist but if you read their doctrinal statement you'll see that they basically are. This church was a big supporter of a Christian camp for troubled youth that I spent six years at.

http://www.firstbible.org/index.html

One of the men in this church used to hold services with the businessmen in one of the World Trade Centers for years. I always wondered what happened to him on 9/11.

There are probably at least a few, but like you say, may be hard to get to.

Well, if the Christian don't want to lose their children to the devil they best get them out of public school. It rightly depends on how much they treasure the souls of their children. The soul of children is worth much more than a big education in order to make big money, that is for one who really professes Christ as Savior.

Way to many are trying to store to much earthly treasures, & not near enough treasures in Heaven.

Well, if Staten Island is one of the five boroughs then you have one, sort of (awful lot of CCM on music page). I was thinking of Brooklyn and the Bronx where my relatives live. A GARB church was recently established right down the street from my lost relatives in the Bronx by some very fundamentalist missionaries. However, once the church was nearly finished, the pastor dropped "baptist" from its name and the pulpit was replaced by the rock-n-roll stage. Needless to say, the missionaries split and now we have no place to recommend save for a church 45 minutes north, one of the Danbury Baptist churches that's still IFB.

Edited by swathdiver
  • Advanced Member

Well, if the Christian don't want to lose their children to the devil they best get them out of public school.

I'm pretty sure that there have been Christian parents who've gotten their children through public school without losing them to the devil. In fact, I know of some. With God all things are possible.

Many there be, that are like Lot.

Ge 13:12 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.

That pitch their tent towards ungodly places, thinking about riches, rather than God.

I'm pretty sure that there have been Christian parents who've gotten their children through public school without losing them to the devil. In fact, I know of some. With God all things are possible.

That does not mean its right!

But the fact is, way more than 50% of professing Christians lose their children to the world because they send them to public schools.

With God, obedience is everything, you either obey, or disobey, come out from among them.
  • Advanced Member

That does not mean its right!

But the fact is, way more than 50% of professing Christians lose their children to the world because they send them to public schools.

With God, obedience is everything, you either obey, or disobey, come out from among them.

We've been down this road before, Jerry. There is no place in the bible where it says you are disobeying God if you send you kids to a public school. You are adding to the bible and adding a burden on Christians that God hasn't added. I tell you what, since you are so concerned about these things how bout sponsoring some Christians who can't afford to send kids to a Christian school or hire some tutors for them to educate their kids if they are homeschooling. You can buy all their material for them too. I didn't think you would. You also do realize you have countries, like Germany, where all children have to attend public school .

I continued to attend public school after I was saved. I did not have parents who were saved. Yet, I survived. Edited by Wilchbla

Not without damage. Wilchbla, when were you saved? How long ago? I was saved just over 5 years ago. Yes, I'm going to heaven but boy did I suffer damage from decades of living in the flesh and I suspect you have too, right? All that worldly garbage still hinders our growth, do you think that is ok for your children? Throw them to the devils knowing they're going to heaven anyway (if they're already saved)?

We've been down this road before, Jerry. There is no place in the bible where it says you are disobeying God if you send you kids to a public school. You are adding to the bible and adding a burden on Christians that God hasn't added.

John 17
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
KJV'>Romans 12:9
Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
KJV'>1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.
KJV'>3 John 1:11
Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Some might feel I am being too judgemental by considering public schools evil, but if a school system is promoting the murder of babies, I call that evil. If a school system is calling good, evil and evil, good...I would call that evil. If a schools system is trying to take control of the family unit and therefore making decisions for children that should be made by a parent...I would call that evil. If a school system removes God...I would call that evil.
I know you stated difficulties for some to either homeschool or send their children to a Christian school, but we are to separate from evil. If a family has difficulties to overcome in doing this, a little faith in God goes along way. From personal experience, when you make a major decision because you know it is what God would want, and you take a leap of faith when all the odds are against you, WOW, how God does overcome the odds!

We've been down this road before, Jerry. There is no place in the bible where it says you are disobeying God if you send you kids to a public school. You are adding to the bible and adding a burden on Christians that God hasn't added. I tell you what, since you are so concerned about these things how bout sponsoring some Christians who can't afford to send kids to a Christian school or hire some tutors for them to educate their kids if they are homeschooling. You can buy all their material for them too. I didn't think you would. You also do realize you have countries, like Germany, where all children have to attend public school .

I continued to attend public school after I was saved. I did not have parents who were saved. Yet, I survived.

Christian parents are to bring their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, teaching them the things of God day and night. This doesn't occur in public school where humanism and the things of the world are taught and exampled as good while the things of God are ignored or mocked.

Some children survive all sorts of evil but that doesn't mean a Christian parent should think it's okay to toss their children into the devil's lair.

I went to public school and graduated in 2001. I guess I must be evil, as well as my parents. My mom stayed at home and we had 1 car. I guess God hates me because my parents couldn't afford private school.

Also, for those of you who think you should only go to Christian school, do you work in a Christian company???

PS- I even know how to read and write :)