• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chick-Fil-A Will No Longer Give Money To Anti-Gay Groups

• Members
Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay groups

(RNN) – Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations, according to an organization championing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights. The move comes as part of a real estate deal in Chicago.

So he caves in!

Even though the Christian community gave him wonderful support.

• Members

The story is actually only partly correct. The business isn't going to give money to political activist groups but it can still give money to "anti-gay" organizations which proclaim the biblical truth about homosexuality. This seems to have been their actual policy all along but wasn't closely followed.

Whatever the full story, this will be held up as a victory for pro-sodomites.

• Members

I just called their corporate number and talked to a customer service rep. She said she has not received any official statement from corporate so she can neither confirm or deny it. Hopefully I wasn't getting the run around. She said she's been getting these calls since yesterday and I said you're going to be getting a lot more.

• Members

They'll eventually cave like everyone else. They'll start feeling bad after enough Christians start quoting bible verses to them about how mean and unloving they are or that they need to sit and have a dialogue with the queers. Their conscience will falsely accuse them then it will be "Celebration Homo Day". (See, even some of you twitched when I used the words "queer" and "homo".)

• Members

Holding to God's truth is tough on people that own a business. Though my life I have noticed that men that own a public business seems to be reluctant to take a stand on many of God's truth for fear of losing customers.

For instants, one local business man that taught Sunday school in a local Conservative church stated in his class, when someone new moves to town what is important is they attend church, no matter what church they may attend. Its quite clear, he fears losing business if he takes the stand that one should only attend a Fundamental Independent Baptist Church.

For the owner of a business they want to reach the full potential, reaping in as much money as possible, & many of them will sacrifice truth in order to reap more profits. And more than likely many of you that have attended church services a number of years probably has seen a business man that has done this & it did not dawn on you why they were doing this.

I might add, the same thing applies to many of the organizations created by man to spread the Gospel. Many of them will sacrifice God's truths for fear of offending someone who might otherwise give money to their organization.

A good example of that is the Gideon's. Their members will give some very good talks when they visit a church, yet when it comes down to being saved, they talk about the cross, grace, yet never saying one is saved by grace though faith alone in churches that teach works based salvation or in mixed crowds. The Gideon's is an example of Christians being yoke together with unbelievers. Many members of this organization believes one cannot be saved by grace though faith without works, plus some of their members believes you must be a member of their church in order to be saved.

• Members

They'll eventually cave like everyone else. They'll start feeling bad after enough Christians start quoting bible verses to them about how mean and unloving they are or that they need to sit and have a dialogue with the queers. Their conscience will falsely accuse them then it will be "Celebration Homo Day". (See, even some of you twitched when I used the words "queer" and "homo".)

I prefer using Bible words, sodomites.

• Members

Chick-fil-A addresses growing controversy

ATLANTA (BP) -- Following reports that it has agreed to stop funding certain traditional family groups, Chick-fil-A released a statement Thursday, saying that for many months its corporate giving has "been mischaracterized" and that it will continue to fund programs that "strengthen and enrich marriages."

Whether or not the statement appeases its base of supporters -- not to mention its critics -- remains to be seen.

Chick-fil-A was facing a backlash after Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno and an Illinois gay activist group announced that Chick-fil-A had agreed to no longer fund groups opposed to gay marriage, such as Focus on the Family. That alleged agreement led Moreno -- who had criticized Chick-fil-A during the summer for its president's comments against gay marriage -- to stop blocking a new franchise from being built in his ward. In comments to the Chicago Tribune, Moreno called it a "big win."

Media stories nationwide then gave Chick-fil-A another public relations headache. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's headline read, "Chick-fil-A said to change stance." The Los Angeles Times' headline: "Chick-fil-A promises to stop giving money to anti-gay groups."

The problem? Chick-fil-A's base of support remains largely in conservative states, and those customers hardly consider Focus on the Family and other groups "anti-gay." They felt Chick-fil-A had caved.

Hundreds of thousands of customers took part in Chick-fil-A Appreciation this summer after company president Dan Cathy was criticized for comments supporting the biblical definition of marriage. Chick-fil-A's stance on values is well-known. It is closed on Sundays, and its corporate statement includes the desire to "glorify God."

In the 24 hours after the story out of Chicago broke, Chick-fil-A's Facebook page was flooded with criticism of the new policy.

"So are you guys going to fold on the whole issue stated by Cathy after you got massive support from the entire US public?" one person on Facebook wrote.

Another wrote, "I'm disgusted that your faith is so weak. You sure raked in the bucks on Chick Fil A day huh? So when do you start opening on Sunday? 'As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord'"

Chick-fil-A released a statement Thursday (Sept. 20), saying that "for many months now, Chick-fil-A’s corporate giving has been mischaracterized."

"And while our sincere intent has been to remain out of this political and social debate, events from Chicago this week have once again resulted in questions around our giving," the statement said. "For that reason, we want to provide some context and clarity around who we are, what we believe and our priorities in relation to corporate giving.

"A part of our corporate commitment is to be responsible stewards of all that God has entrusted to us. Because of this commitment, Chick-fil-A’s giving heritage is focused on programs that educate youth, strengthen families and enrich marriages, and support communities. We will continue to focus our giving in those areas. Our intent is not to support political or social agendas."

The company also released a document that had been referenced in the media called "Chick-fil-A: Who We Are." In it, the company repeats language from this summer and says its tradition is to "treat every person with honor, dignity and respect -- regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender."

The Who We Are document also says Chick-fil-A "supports programs and marriage retreats to help strengthen and enrich marriages," which more than 4,000 couples attend annually.

Left unsaid was whether Chick-fil-A has indeed agreed to stop funding certain groups, and if so, what groups it would no longer fund. It's also unclear how the company's policy will appease gay activist groups, because marriage enrichment programs often are traditional-focused and biblically based and typically define marriage as between a man and a woman.

Even before Chick-fil-A released its statement, the Advocate gay website posted an item Thursday charging that Chick-fil-A's Dan Cathy was helping raise what it called "questionable money." The Advocate took issue with Cathy taking part Tuesday (Sept. 18) in a fundraiser known as the WinShape Ride for the Family. The money, the Advocate said, will benefit the Marriage and Family Foundation, which it said funds the Marriage CoMission, a traditional group.

"Granted, the group's sole focus isn't on same-sex marriage," the Advocate reported. "The CoMission emphasizes lowering the divorce rate and making couples more satisfied in their marriages, for example. But even in those instances, the group has made clear it's worried only about heterosexuals being happy in their marriages and avoiding divorce."

The Human Rights Campaign's website referenced the Advocate story in a blog under the headline: "Chick-fil-A Fails to Live Up to Promises of Stricter Donation Guidelines."

Thus, it appears that less than one day after the news about Chick-fil-A broke, some gay groups already are upset. The question now is whether Chick-fil-A's loyal base is, too.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=38756

• Members

I'm still not satisfied with their statement. My big question is WHY? Why do they feel that FOTF is not worthy enough to receive funds? Because gays say so? It's ok for Home Depot, Target, J.C. Penny and other companies to support the gay agenda but Chick-fil-a can't support organizations who denounce same sex marriage? Chick-fil-a might as well stand their ground and do what's right because they will never be able to appease the gays (nor should they). No comprise will be enough for them. Their goal is to come out of the closet and shove Christians into it. Gays won't be happy until Christianity is dead and even though we all know that will never happen it won't stop them from trying. I'm afraid I'll have to stop eating there until I get a better answer from them.

• Members

My big question is WHY? Why do they feel that FOTF is not worthy enough to receive funds? Because gays say so? It's ok for Home Depot, Target, J.C. Penny and other companies to support the gay agenda but Chick-fil-a can't

You got it, one cannot do anything to offend the beliefs of the world without being persecuted. My wife and I were viciously attacked tonight (verbally) for simply saying we were better off under the last Administration compared to the current. God's values and the world's values are opposites and therefore imcompatible.

• Members

It seems the divide is between groups that are political and those which are not. If I understand their stance correctly, Chic-fil-a has a policy of not giving to any group which is involved in politcal activism. It seems now they are reviewing the groups they have donated to and are going to stop giving to those who are political activists but will continue to give to similar groups that are not political activists.

Still, Chic-fil-a needs to put forth a clear statement on this matter.