• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pc Vs. Mac

Fixation

PC vs. Mac  

30 members have voted

1. 1. PC vs. Mac

• Members

This isn't a religious debate poll, or anything of the sort. I'm simply trying to identify which computer is either most used or liked, and why.

Please go beyond personal preference (i.e. One OS is better than the other because...)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've heard MACs are great but I've never had one nor used one. Always been a PC user. I've had an iPhone which I have to say was very nice because it didn't shut down or have errors like my droid did. But I'm back to the droid and I gave my son the iPhone :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have only used a mac once and that was in a lauderette which gave free intenet access while you did you washing, I did not find it any better than a PC, worse, I think. Ap[art from that I have always used PCs apart from once trying Ubuntu as a dual boot, but soon abandoned that.

• Members

When I first started working at the university all the computers were Apple but when they upgraded they switched to PCs. At that time the Apple's were easier to use but the new PCs, once figured out, had much more capability; of course much of that was due to them being the new models and the Apples we had being dated by that time.

Other than that, I've always had PCs and they have served me well.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just bought a Mac and really like it, especially it's ease of use in audio recording and editing using an audia interface. However, transitioning over from a PC can be challenging when trying to transfere all the documents, pictures, video ect. to the Mac. Also, all new software must be bought and gotten used to which is challenging.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Since I posted I have gotten an iPad and really like it, but I would like to see how similar/different/user friendly a Macbook is before buying (not that I can afford it right now, anyway).

I did get a keyboard for my iPad though, although I'm still so comfy with my PC laptop that I still use it, although I busted the hard drive and had to get that fixed.

• Members

Since I posted I have gotten an iPad and really like it, but I would like to see how similar/different/user friendly a Macbook is before buying (not that I can afford it right now, anyway).

I did get a keyboard for my iPad though, although I'm still so comfy with my PC laptop that I still use it, although I busted the hard drive and had to get that fixed.

I have a friend with a Macbook Pro with windows 7 loaded on it, and it is fantastic.  Run Mac and PC apps seamlessly. 

• Members

Linux... (I currently dual-boot Ubuntu with Windows)

But in all seriousness, I like my Windows...

Macintosh Computers tend to be overpriced for what you get. (PCs of similar specs tend to be a couple of hundred dollars cheaper, last I looked).

Fact is, I grew up on Windows. 

Archived