• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's Your Temp Today?

JerryNumbers

• Members

These were all old oak trees, quite large. In the last year or so I've noticed around this part of the country there's been many trees that have died where you can see out over the tops of forest land. I've also noticed many yard that has dead trees in them. It may not be the dry conditions, I'm surely not a tree expert, yet I feel the dryer than usual summers has something to do with it. I'm sure its hurting many pocketbook getting those dead tree removed from their yards, its quite expensive to get that done.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had four old plum trees cut down and removed last year. The man who did it has a wood burning stove and a chain saw and took them away for free and gave me two trays of eggs (2x30) as a thank you.

This year, I had my most productive plum tree come down in high winds. It was covered in green plums. (It might have waited till we had harvested them) I found that a neighbour, just across the road also has a wood burning stove and a chain saw and he cut it up and took it away.

In each case I had to dispose of the small branches, which took a bit of time cutting them up very small and disposing of them in our green bin.

My phone says it is 75 today, but I don't believe it. It must have been well over 80, two days running we have been able to eat outside. Summer must have arrived at last.

• Members

I had four old plum trees cut down and removed last year. The man who did it has a wood burning stove and a chain saw and took them away for free and gave me two trays of eggs (2x30) as a thank you.

This year, I had my most productive plum tree come down in high winds. It was covered in green plums. (It might have waited till we had harvested them) I found that a neighbour, just across the road also has a wood burning stove and a chain saw and he cut it up and took it away.

In each case I had to dispose of the small branches, which took a bit of time cutting them up very small and disposing of them in our green bin.

My phone says it is 75 today, but I don't believe it. It must have been well over 80, two days running we have been able to eat outside. Summer must have arrived at last.

Sometimes you can do that, so far my daughter has not been out much, but had to hire one tree to be cut down because of the danger involved that it might fall on her house. And that is the problem for many if its close to their house, & many will not do it for they have no insurance to cover if it does.

She has had several offers to remove the wood for firewood.

Rainy day for us, but only have had about 1/2 inch, temp is nice today.

• Members

My son in Nevada says they only have a max of about 4" per year.

The Air Force bone yard is at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base close to Tuscon, AZ, They have the bone yard there because its mostly dry, little rain, low humidity, which means little corrosion.

Pictures: One, Two

• Members

In the 70s today. Much cooler in the evenings now.

There was a report on the news today, that because of the wet weather this year, heavy rain in April and June and torrential rain in July and much of August, that the bee population has tumbled as it was too wet for the bees to get out so the starved. One bee keeper said he had lost 70% of his bees even though he has been feeding them with sugar syrup.. This has had an effect on our farmers. One fruit farmer said his crop was 80% down.

Archived