• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's Your Temp Today?

JerryNumbers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More rain today and more floods.

They say that there are more storms piling up in the Atlantic, heading our way.

One Euro MP was sacked from his party (UKIP) recently for saying that the constant floods we have been having since the end of December were the result of the government introducing gay marriage.

• Members

Wow, Invicta.  I sure hope your ground is ready for spring planting with all this rain!

It will need to dry out some.  It is waterlogged at present.  We are on heavy clay which holds water in the winter and is like concrete in summer when it dries out.  Many famers around here are complaining thst their winter crops are waterlogged and rotting in the ground.

• Administrators

It will need to dry out some.  It is waterlogged at present.  We are on heavy clay which holds water in the winter and is like concrete in summer when it dries out.  Many famers around here are complaining thst their winter crops are waterlogged and rotting in the ground.

That's a shame, for sure!

• Members

More rain and floods yesterday.  There were extra places flooded such as South Croydon (I used to live there)  Kenley, Whyteleafe, Caterham (I used to live there as well, but I lived on the hill.) All due to the Caterham Bourne, usually just a dry or muddy ditch. overlowing and the water table being so high there is nowhere for the water to go to.

Nearer to us the Great Stour at Canterbury is in danger of overflowing, Ickham, Littlebourne, Wickhambreaux, Patrixbourne are flooded by the Nailbourne, a small stream that rarely has any water in it, although there are two watermills along its banks, so it must have had more in the past.  Bridge has been flooded by the water table rising. People showed that the water came up through their floorboards and it also bubbled up through the tarmac of roads.  Although our church is in the flood plain, we have not had floods, although Seasalter just outside town has been flooded.  The storms are coming from the west, but I think that if they came from the north we would suffer from the North Sea Surge,

We had a brief respite today with just a little rain in the morning and mostly fine the rest of the day.

Tonight and tomorrow the are forcasting another storm, then probably finer on Sunday and more storms next week.

They say the storms are caused by the Jet Stream whhich has remained stationary and is 50% father than normal.

• Members

Weird weather here.  Yesterday Roseburg was a very warm for this time of year 58 degrees, made much more strange because just 80 miles north of us up I-5 Sunday services were being canceled all over Eugene, OR because of 7-8 of snow and sub-freezing temperatures!

• Members

I don't know what the temperature was today, but it felt mild for the time of the year but they say the temp is dropping overnight to about 31F with possible snow tomorrow, but they are also giving a warning of more heavy rain till at least Friday.  Not much rain today but the upper Thames is flooding from Oxfrd to the oustkirts of London from yesterday's rain coming down from the hills.   I hope the Tube doesn't get flooded.

Archived