• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's Your Temp Today?

JerryNumbers

• Members

43F as of now, 9:00 A.M. on Monday.  A bit cloudy with possible rain showers.  There is still a bit of ice and snow on the ground.  Our backyard is very mushy.  We didn't do the raking of leaves in time, before all the snow came.  People were getting what they call "explosions" on their property.  Rain on the bottom, mixed with ice and snow led to tiny explosions.  Strange weather patterns.

There is also another arctic storm that is supposed to come down across the whole USA.  This was on the news, yesterday.  Who knows with this weather.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

40° this morning.  It was supposed to get in the 40s and be sunny yesterday. We did see the sun for a while.  Some of the snow melted, but not a lot. It felt colder because of the snow.  This morning our driveway actually had some ice-free spots.  Hopefully there will be more by this evening!

Candle - we heard that we might be getting another snow storm this weekend.  Well, I guess it is winter, eh?   :blink:

heart - that fireplace sounds wonderful!

• Members

40° this morning.  It was supposed to get in the 40s and be sunny yesterday. We did see the sun for a while.  Some of the snow melted, but not a lot. It felt colder because of the snow.  This morning our driveway actually had some ice-free spots.  Hopefully there will be more by this evening!

Candle - we heard that we might be getting another snow storm this weekend.  Well, I guess it is winter, eh?   :blink:

heart - that fireplace sounds wonderful!

At least you have seen this sun.  No sun in my area for awhile now.  Yes, it does feel colder b/c of the snow.

Yes, it certainly is winter.  This is going to be some Arctic blast they are predicting.  Although who knows b/c they said this winter, we were only getting freezing rain and black ice.   :puzzled3:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We had a dryish couple of days, but the rain is back.  One village in our county is still flooded. My sister lives in the county of Somerset and a vast area of the Somerset levels is still flooded and they are forecasting heavy rain for the weekend. On MEP for the UK Independance party has been expelled because he said the recent floods are the result of the government introducing gay marriage.

• Members

It must have been fairly cold last night as I had to go out at about 7.00 am and All our car doors were frozen and I couldn't get them open for a while. 

The weather forcast for the next couple of days is more heavy rain, 70-80 mph winds, and high tides.  I was out this evening driving on the highway and there was partial flooding in many places.  Yalding village was flooded a couple ays ago for the third time this year.  The Somerset Levels, 40 sq miles, have been flooded since Christmas and one village has been cut off by the floods since then,  My sister who lives in Somerset said they had heavy rain all day.  The army were called in yesterday and they had a look and went home and said the Fire Service could deal with it.

• Members

<---------- Looks at calendar on the wall, sees it is still January and not yet Memorial Day in May, so he knows what the weather is without going or looking outside.  High 52-56 Low 38-42 mostly cloudy, with widely scattered light showers (rinse and repeat daily until Memorial Day Picnic)

• Members

Right now, the temp outside is 59°F...but I heard that we are to get more cold weather next week.  Here's a pic of the US National Weather Service weather map of the state of Mississippi, located in Jackson, MS:

1620633_582434701833413_207523096_n.jpg

We live in the northwest corner...about 40 miles northeast of Greenville.

• Members

More rain today.  More floods and hundreds of flood warnings and sever flood warnings in some places due to winds of up to 80 mph, more heavy rain and extra high spring tides coupled with a stor surge.  Gov't warnings not to go near flooded areas, or the beaches.

Archived