• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's Your Temp Today?

JerryNumbers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a class that has to be on the shooting range (outdoor) tomorrow and the high is only supposed to be 30. They probably wish it could be over the weekend when the highs are forecast for 52-61.

Brrrrr!! That's very cold to be on a shooting range!! Be careful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Members

About 22 or 23F this morning..... The Plecostomus in the Koi pond did not fare well and may be dying. But our first lambs of the season were born this morning; Hettie had a single and Lily Mae had twins. :)

I had plecos in my aquarium but never thought of them in ponds. Poor things!! How big are they? I'll bet they're pretty good sized!!

• Members

Linda,

Our Pleco is about 8 or 9" long and about 3 to 4" wide. It was only 2 to 3" long when I first put it in the pond back in July.. MY Wife caught it and brought it the house this morning and, so far, it's still alive. They are tropical and can't take the cold.

• Members
Linda, Our Pleco is about 8 or 9" long and about 3 to 4" wide. It was only 2 to 3" long when I first put it in the pond back in July.. MY Wife caught it and brought it the house this morning and, so far, it's still alive. They are tropical and can't take the cold.
That's a big ol' boy!!! The bigger they get, the creepier they look to me. Where are you keeping it inside? In an aquarium? Can koi take the cold? I'm fascinated by pond fish. Also, congratulations on the new lambs! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Members

Thanks!
My Wife just texted me and said the plecostomus died :( The koi are a cold water fish so they do fine but I have noticed they hug the bottom of the pond in cold weather.

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear that!! Hopefully you can get a new one when things warm up a bit.

• Administrators

It was 11° this morning on my way in.  Up from -4°.  It's supposed to start raining tomorrow - freezing rain.  Then on Saturday and Sunday the temp is supposed to rise to 39°.  And Monday will begin a lowering of the temperatures.  I'm really hoping all the rain we get, which will melt all the snow we have, won't freeze.  Major problems then!

Archived