• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

...and The Hits Keep Coming...

• Administrators

Last night as we were preparing to leave for church, my hubby got a phone call from one of his brothers. We were both scared that something had happened to his Mom, who is not in the best of health. It wasn't his Mom, though. His oldest brother, Sonny, had gone to Bible study that night. He apparently pulled into the parking lot at the church and called 911. By the time they got there, Sonny had gone into eternity.

He was saved, so he is in Heaven. But he does leave children and grandchildren behind, as well as his 5 brothers and our families, and his Mother, with whom he lived.

We are leaving this evening to head down for the funeral. It will likely be on Sunday - Father's Day. My hubby's Dad dad died 7 years ago today, and his funeral was also on Father's Day. Late last night one of his brothers called again to let him know where the funeral would be and to let Randy know that they were thinking of having him speak at the funeral (he did at their Dad's).

Please be in prayer for the family. Sonny's oldest grandchild just graduated from high school - in fact, her graduation party is scheduled for tomorrow...what a shadow of grief on her happy time. Also, please pray that God will give Randy the words to speak if they do go ahead and have him do so (I think they will).

Thanks.

• Members

Praying for the Lord to comfort your family and give your hubby wisdom for the funeral.

Perhaps something I have written, like I've Gone Home or Through This Valley, may help.

http://www.earnestlycontending.com/realmccoy/rmtoc.html

http://songs-in-the-night.blogspot.ca/search/label/heaven

God bless.

• Members

Praying...

Thankfully there is cause to praise even during such a time as this because he was born again in Christ.

What a blessing that we face no hardships or trials alone for He is ever with us, offering us the peace, comfort, strength and assurance we need to make it through the valley.

• Administrators

Thanks for the prayers. God was wonderfully with my hubby during the funeral. He gave a clear presentation of the gospel, and although no-one got saved, the Spirit will be working.

It was a hard weekend - we were quite worried about his mother for a bit, but God is good. There are issues that need to be settled now, and continued prayer would be appreciated.