• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible-Era Earthquake Reveals Year Of Jesus' Crucifixion

• Members
Bible-era earthquake reveals year of Jesus' crucifixion

"Jesus, as described in the New Testament, was most likely crucified on Friday April 3, 33 A.D.
The latest investigation, reported in the journal International Geology Review, focused on earthquake activity at the Dead Sea, located 13 miles from Jerusalem. The Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 27, mentions that an earthquake coincided with the crucifixion:" full article

• Members

Yeah but still, logically speaking.....if the Bible was true about that....I wonder why they discount everything else? I mean...why pick and choose? They'll admit Jesus was historical, but yet the flood was a story...? Oh well.

• Moderators

You cannot have it both ways, if He is not the Savior then He was not a good person but rather a fraud and a deceiver because He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (Jn 14:6)

• Members

You cannot have it both ways, if He is not the Savior then He was not a good person but rather a fraud and a deceiver because He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (Jn 14:6)

Agreed. That's something I point out to those who try to use that line. They will say they believe Jesus was a good person but they don't believe He was God or He did all those miracles and stuff. Then I point out the things Jesus said about Himself concerning the fact He is God, the verse mentioned above, and some others. If they haven't already caught on, I then ask them just how good a person they think He could have been if they think He lied about all those things? Then it's decision time, either you believe Jesus was who He said He was (and is), the Son of God come in the flesh to provide for us the one and only means of salvation, or you must think He was a liar, a false prophet, and certainly not a good person.

This can sometimes open a very good door!

• Members

You fail to understand, in the eyes of worldly person a good person is much different than in the eyes of a truly saved person.

The Christian & the worldly person have completely different values.

That's true, which is why most often I have to ask several questions in order to just get them to see what they have said really doesn't make sense.

Most of them are only repeating what they have heard or read somewhere anyway, they've never actually thought about Jesus, the Bible or what it means to be "good". For some, the question and answer time about all this is the first time they've ever really heard the truth about Jesus and what the Bible actually says Jesus said and did.

• Members

I should have said, the Christian & the worldly person should have a completely different set of values, sad to say we know that is not always true.

Yes, many Christians hold onto their worldly values and think they are doing good.

• Members

Are these guys Catholics? They are not accurately reporting the events that are recorded in the scriptures. He couldn't have died before the Passover meal because Jesus Christ ate the Passover meal! What are these fools reading???

The Bible reveals that Christ was crucified on Nisan the 14th which was a Wednesday. He was hung on the cross in the 3rd hour of the day (9am) and died on the 9th hour (3pm). Jesus was placed in the tomb and the rock rolled over the entrance right at sundown (around 6pm) at the beginning of the High Passover Sabbath which was Nisan the 15th and Thursday.

• Members

Are these guys Catholics? They are not accurately reporting the events that are recorded in the scriptures. He couldn't have died before the Passover meal because Jesus Christ ate the Passover meal! What are these fools reading???

The Bible reveals that Christ was crucified on Nisan the 14th which was a Wednesday. He was hung on the cross in the 3rd hour of the day (9am) and died on the 9th hour (3pm). Jesus was placed in the tomb and the rock rolled over the entrance right at sundown (around 6pm) at the beginning of the High Passover Sabbath which was Nisan the 15th and Thursday.

Jesus Christ was our Passover. The Passover had to be eaten standing. Jesus was sitting. If he was sitting, it would have been sin. He desired to eat the Passover with his disciples, but was the Lamb of God, slain at the exact time the yearly lamb was killed.

• Members

Jesus Christ was our Passover. The Passover had to be eaten standing. Jesus was sitting. If he was sitting, it would have been sin. He desired to eat the Passover with his disciples, but was the Lamb of God, slain at the exact time the yearly lamb was killed.

The Passover passed away and was replaced by the Lord's Supper at this meal, wasn't it? As I understand it, the lamb was slain and eaten in the first hours of the new day while he was crucified and killed in the last hours of the same 24 hour period. Edited by swathdiver

• Members

The Passover passed away and was replaced by the Lord's Supper at this meal, wasn't it? As I understand it, the lamb was slain and eaten in the first hours of the new day while he was crucified and killed in the last hours of the same 24 hour period.

The new day began at sunset. Jesus died on Wednesday, the 14th of Nisan, about the ninth hour (3 PM). The Passover lamb was killed "in the evening" (Ex 12:6), a term referring to the time of late afternoon before sunset. He had to be buried before sunset. The lamb was eaten at night. (Ex 12:8).

• Members

The new day began at sunset. Jesus died on Wednesday, the 14th of Nisan, about the ninth hour (3 PM). The Passover lamb was killed "in the evening" (Ex 12:6), a term referring to the time of late afternoon before sunset. He had to be buried before sunset. The lamb was eaten at night. (Ex 12:8).

Right Trell, the new day was the first hours after sunset; the new day began at night. However when counting the hours of the day, they started at dawn or around 6am. The lamb was slain and eaten during the night in the first hours of the new day. Christ was slain at the end of the calendar day in its last hours.