• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The "kjb"

• Members

At Bible college (Ambassador Baptist College) I took an entire class on the Bible's inspiration and preservation. The college's view is "We are not King James only, but we only use the King James." Let me explain. I do not believe God "breathed" again in 1611, (inspired the version) but I do believe God preserved His word through the TR and the KJV is the best VERSION for English speaking people. I believe the issue is NOT a version issue, but a text issue. The WH TEXT is corrupted. I believe if someone translated the Bible again through the TR, that its not wrong merely because it's not the KJV, because the KJV is not inspired. Now to my topic. My teacher was adamant about not using the term "King James Bible" because it is not inspired, and I agree. People like the corrupted Peter Ruckman use that term because they believe the KJV was inspired. What do you think about using the term "KJB"?

Edited by Melodys

• Members

I use, King James, I use KJB, I use King James Version. I've notice some will use this 1611 Version, yet many of them do not really use that version.

It sure is confusing when you get from 5 to however many people that is present, & many of them are using several of the brand X versions, & its hard to follow the one that's reading from the good old KJ's Bible.

Clearly, this confusion is not of God, I feel sure the old Devil enjoys it everything there's such confusion in the preach services & or Bible study classes.

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

I make it clear, if they want to follow me, & not get confused, to avoid confusion, they need to have the same Bible that I have, the old King James Bible. And from time to time, If I happen to use a verse that's messed up in modern versions, I will the MV is wrong, & that is why we need a reliable Bible such as I use.

• Members

I do agree that using the KJV is best, because it avoids confusion in the churches. I am merely saying, the KJV was not inspired, and God isn't using the KJV to preserve His word, it is the text, the Textus Receptus that God is still using to preserve His word. Another version from the TR would not be wrong, just simply not best. The association that KJB has with Ruckman I believe is dangerous

• Members

I do agree that using the KJV is best, because it avoids confusion in the churches. I am merely saying, the KJV was not inspired, and God isn't using the KJV to preserve His word, it is the text, the Textus Receptus that God is still using to preserve His word. Another version from the TR would not be wrong, just simply not best. The association that KJB has with Ruckman I believe is dangerous

Wait a minute! You have been indoctrinated by some college professors, and now speak as an expert. For one thing (and I ask this merely to make a point) how do you know that the KJB is not inspired? Where does the Bible say there is only a one-time inspiration? There are many things to consider in this topic, but to put the KJB equal to the others is sacrilegious if not blasphemous, at least that's my opinion.

If we do not have the absolute truth today, we can blame God for not telling us when we stand before Him. You cannot be right if you don't know what is right. The KJB is not only the BEST. but the TRUE and only Bible period.

• Members

The King James Bible is a "Bible". Do they not teach what the word bible means?

The Word God preserves is His Word. If God has preserved His Word as it has been translated into another language, whether English or any other language, that preserved Word is God's Word for that language. God doesn't have to "re-inspire" His Word each time it's copied or translated. God preserves His Word, which means the inspiration given in the original carries over through His preservation into other languages and copies.

• Members

So is this a Ruckmanite site? Because that is what your replies sound like. Do you understand what the word inspired means? It is very differrent than the word preservation. You will state you believe that God inspired King James' translators? That the KJV can be used to correct the TR? Very Ruckmanite.

• Members

Melody - No this is not a Ruckmanite website. We just have a few that visit from time to time.

Very disturbing :/ Have you read the book "What About Ruckman" Very concise, but is sheds much light on the issue.

• Members

Melody - The position of this board is that the KJB or KJV is the preserved Word of God for English speaking people. We believe that the KJV is inspired through preservation, not that the translators were re-inspired. We can still hold up the KJV and claim that we have the inspired Word of God.

• Members

Melody - The position of this board is that the KJB or KJV is the preserved Word of God for English speaking people. We believe that the KJV is inspired through preservation, not that the translators were re-inspired. We can still hold up the KJV and claim that we have the inspired Word of God.

Alright, then back to my topic, what do you think about the term KJB and its association with the Ruckmanite movement? Do you think it could scare some people from our churches when they associate us with that heresy?

• Members

No, because most IFB churches that hold to the KJV call themselves KJV Only not realizing the difference. A Ruckmanite can be seen from a far off and can be removed from the church prior to his/her heretical teaching having an impact.