• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Doubt On Obama's Christian Identity

• Members

NEW BOOK CASTS DOUBT ON OBAMA'S CHRISTIAN IDENTITY

May 18, 2012 NewsWithViews.com

By Cliff Kincaid

that Jeremiah Wright, former pastor of United Church of Christ in Chicago, told him that he “made it comfortable” for Obama to accept Christianity “without having to renounce his Islamic background.”

The liberal media have harangued figures such as Franklin Graham when they have refused to state categorically that Barack Obama is a Christian. Now comes author

Edward Klein telling Sean Hannity

All of this is consistent with our point, made in 2010, that Muslims could join Wright’s church without giving up their Muslim faith. And while Obama accepted Christianity, in the sense of calling himself a Christian, there is no evidence that he was ever officially baptized into Wright’s church. We pointed out that Obama’s claim about his own baptism, as reported in his second memoir, The Audacity of Hope, is subject to interpretation because of the lack of detail about how and when he was baptized and by whom.

(Regnery) has generated some from the right for badly mangling the facts about Obama and infanticide. The book is also being strongly attacked by the Soros-funded media machine as a “smear.”

Edward Klein’s unauthorized biography of Barack Obama,

The Amateur: Barack Obama in The White Housecriticism

some of the blockbuster Klein-Wright tapes.

But he has the goods on Obama—in the form of tape-recorded conversations with Wright, who is spilling the beans on Obama’s “conversion.” Sean Hannity’s website

has posted

the book “skimpy, bitter,” but does not dispute the statements from Wright. Instead, she dismisses them, saying that “any biographical subject has bitter ex-friends and associates. And if they feel snubbed enough, they will talk.”

Janet Maslin of The New York Times

calls

She writes, “The Rev. Jeremiah Wright asserted to Mr. Klein that during the last presidential election he was offered a bribe by the Obama camp, a payoff to stop speaking in public. Mr. Wright also says that even when Mr. Obama made this request directly, he would not cooperate. Among the reasons: he had speaking engagements scheduled, a family to support and college tuitions to pay.”

There is no reason, however, for Wright not to talk openly and honestly about his conversations with Obama when he wanted to join Wright’s church.

As we have pointed out in the past, Obama acknowledges in Dreams from My Father that his grandfather was a Muslim (page 104) and that he spent two years in a Muslim school in Indonesia studying the Koran (page 154). In The Audacity of Hope, he says (page 204) that “my father had been raised a Muslim” but that by the time he met his mother, his father was a “confirmed atheist.”

His stepfather was not particularly religious and his mother professed “secularism,” Obama wrote (pages 204-205), but as a child he went to a “predominantly Muslim school,” after being first sent to a Catholic school. His mother, he said, was concerned about him learning math, not religion.

According to Klein’s book, Wright told Obama, “Well, you already know the Muslim piece of your background. You studied Islam, didn’t you?” Obama replied, “Yeah, Rev, I studied Islam. But help me understand Christianity, because I already know Islam.”

Asked if he converted Obama from Islam to Christianity, Wright said, “That’s hard to tell. I think I convinced him that it was okay for him to make a choice in terms of who he believed Jesus is. And I told him it was really okay and not a putdown of the Muslim part of his family or his Muslim friends.”

The phrase “That’s hard to tell” is mind-boggling, in view of Obama’s claim to be a practicing Christian.

this year, spoke of Jesus as “a son of God,” not “the Son of God,” which is what the Christian faith teaches in John 3:16-18.

When Obama’s statements as President are examined, we find something else curious. The Koran teaches that Jesus was not divine. Obama, in

his Easter message

.” The video concludes with film of the 9/11 attacks and the quotation “…I am one of them,” as if Obama admitted being a Muslim. But Obama’s statement, “…I am one of them,” is taken from an Obama quotation shown earlier in the video, in which he says, “Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country—I know, because I am one of them.”

Obama’s statements about the importance of Islam are so numerous that they have been put into a video with over six million views titled “

Obama Admits He Is A Muslim

The video has been picked apart by critics, who also note that it leaves out instances in which he calls himself a Christian. But Wright’s words to Edward Klein are enough to raise the controversy all over again.

As for Wright, author Ed Klein notes his “Marxist ideology” and says that “Wright’s influence on Obama was unrivaled for more than twenty years,” the time when Obama attended Wright’s church.

Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!

Enter Your E-Mail Address:

However, when he writes about Wright being Obama’s “substitute father, life coach, and political inspiration wrapped into one package,” he is missing one step in the process. Obama’s first substitute father was Communist Party member Frank Marshall Davis, who was Obama’s mentor during Obama’s teenage years in Hawaii.

, comes out in July.

As the result of this omission, Klein’s book ultimately fails the test of completely explaining Obama. The public will be able to fill the gap when Paul Kengor’s book,

The Communist: Frank Marshall Davis, the Untold Story of Barack Obama’s Mentor

As we have pointed out before, the Obama campaign apparatus, which has claimed Obama is a baptized Christian, also asserted that the mysterious “Frank” in Obama’s book, Dreams from My Father, was just a black civil rights activist. We know better. The ruse is over.

• Members

Obama has declared many times he believes Islam and Christianity are both right, both worship the same "God", both lead to heaven. Obama has denied that Christ is the only way. Obama openly misapplies verses of Scripture to support his ungodly agenda.

• Members

In politics (and unfortunately in many “evangelical” circles) the term Christian is just that: a “term” used to garner some favorable result. Neither of the presidential front-runners have any affinity to Christianity except with regards to the votes Christians cast.

I do not need a news article, editorial or the “Reverend” White to tell me Obama is not a Christian; all I need is a King James Bible:

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:20-23

It does not take an honest Christian long to discern that Obama is no Christian. Look to his recent pronouncement in favor of homosexual marriage, his continuous support for abortion, his bowing to Muslim potentates and his reticence to support Israel. Additionally, would not an honest Christian be open and forthcoming about his past, including the provision of documents and transcripts of past deeds? What is he hiding and why? A person that has honestly repented and been saved would freely divulge his past and trust in God to place him in the position of authority best suited to him. We haven’t seen that kind of politician in a very long time…if ever.

Even by the secular idiom “man is known by the company he keeps” we not only see that Obama is not Christian, but he is not to be trusted with the best interests of this country:

Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn, David Axelrod, Derrick Bell, Carl Davidson, Frank Marshall Davis, Anita Dunn, Sam Graham-Felson, Kevin Jennings, Jeff Jones, Van Jones, Rashid Khalidi, Mike Klonsky, etc.

By the way, Obama is pronounced Ó-bă-mă, not O-ba’-ma. He’s Kenyan, not Irish.

• Members

Sad to say but many professing Christians in America like Obama because his idea of Christianity is the same as theirs, have it your own way and attack those Christians who actually hold to the truth of Scripture.

We've had a few here on OB that have stood for homosexuals, homosexual "priests", women "pastors", and other clearly unbiblical matters, yet they claim to be good, solid Christians and speak down upon those Christians who hold to what Scripture says about these matters.

• Members

I believe Obama is more interfaith that he has both Christian and Muslim beliefs, I do however believe that homosexuals and gays and lesbians are americans also and they need rights as traditional marriages but it should not be viewed as Marriage, I also believe a same sex couple should not get married in any type of church. A Church Wedding is strickly for God's purpose one man and one woman.

• Members

I believe Obama is more interfaith that he has both Christian and Muslim beliefs, I do however believe that homosexuals and gays and lesbians are americans also and they need rights as traditional marriages but it should not be viewed as Marriage, I also believe a same sex couple should not get married in any type of church. A Church Wedding is strickly for God's purpose one man and one woman.

...and do you believe that this is somewhere in the Bible? Do you think God would be pleased with this type of relationship after reading Leviticus 20:13 or Romans 1?
There are American citizens out there that practice polygamy, pedophelia, incest...etc. Should all these people be given their "rights" so that they can freely practice their sin? Are you in favor of legalizing drugs as well? Just because you are a citizen of America doesn't mean you have the right to practice whatever abomonation you would like to practice.

Homosexuality is a sin. It is an unhealthy lifestyle (especially for the males), and legalizing their unions will end up costing our companies and our country millions if not billions of dollars per year.

Ultimately though...Homosexuality is a sin. God said it and I believe it, and if God is agin' it, I'm agin' it! Edited by 282Mikado

• Members

...and do you believe that this is somewhere in the Bible? Do you think God would be pleased with this type of relationship after reading Leviticus 20:13 or Romans 1?
There are American citizens out there that practice polygamy, pedophelia, incest...etc. Should all these people be given their "rights" so that they can freely practice their sin? Are you in favor of legalizing drugs as well? Just because you are a citizen of America doesn't mean you have the right to practice whatever abomonation you would like to practice.

Homosexuality is a sin. It is an unhealthy lifestyle (especially for the males), and legalizing their unions will end up costing our companies and our country millions if not billions of dollars per year.

Ultimately though...Homosexuality is a sin. God said it and I believe it, and if God is agin' it, I'm agin' it!

Its a another rebellion against living for God, I don't condone it but, I do say they have rights , I am sorry what this country is built is freedoms to choose how you live, I know its a tough decision between God's laws and Mans laws but we are also suppose to abide but the laws of the land it says in the Bible but since its early morning and just woke up I don't know what verse that is.

• Members

Its a another rebellion against living for God, I don't condone it but, I do say they have rights , I am sorry what this country is built is freedoms to choose how you live, I know its a tough decision between God's laws and Mans laws but we are also suppose to abide but the laws of the land it says in the Bible but since its early morning and just woke up I don't know what verse that is.

Homosexuals have freedom to choose how to live, but there is no right in the Constitution for anyones sexual perversion to be granted special rights, which is what homosexuals demand.

Not only biblically, but also America has historically accepted only heterosexual, one man/one woman as marriage. The idea that homosexuals should now be granted special rights and status is unbiblical, unconstitutional.

If special rights are granted to legally declare homosexuality a "civil right" then the floodgates are opened for every other sexual perversion to be granted legal "civil rights" status. Once a precedence has been established granting one sexual perversion legal status, all other sexual perversions must be granted hearing in the courts which will be forced to either overturn legal "civil rights" for homosexuals or to grant the same "rights" to all other sexual perversions.

This is why many pedophiles, polygamists and other sexual deviants support homosexual "marriage", because they know once the door has been opened, they will eventually be legally allowed to walk through too.

• Members

Homosexuals have freedom to choose how to live, but there is no right in the Constitution for anyones sexual perversion to be granted special rights, which is what homosexuals demand.

Not only biblically, but also America has historically accepted only heterosexual, one man/one woman as marriage. The idea that homosexuals should now be granted special rights and status is unbiblical, unconstitutional.

If special rights are granted to legally declare homosexuality a "civil right" then the floodgates are opened for every other sexual perversion to be granted legal "civil rights" status. Once a precedence has been established granting one sexual perversion legal status, all other sexual perversions must be granted hearing in the courts which will be forced to either overturn legal "civil rights" for homosexuals or to grant the same "rights" to all other sexual perversions.

This is why many pedophiles, polygamists and other sexual deviants support homosexual "marriage", because they know once the door has been opened, they will eventually be legally allowed to walk through too.

They been getting bullied so they need special rights actually Jesus warned that the days will become more evil when upon his return, this is one of the signs of the times. We can slow it down but we can't stop it.

• Members

They been getting bullied so they need special rights actually Jesus warned that the days will become more evil when upon his return, this is one of the signs of the times. We can slow it down but we can't stop it.

Everyone gets bullied at some point, does everyone need special rights? Are there not laws already in place, which apply to all in America, which deal with bullying, and various criminal acts? Yes there are, so why do homosexuals need special rights to marry, to buy insurance, to get government aid and other things? The fact is, they don't. The ONLY reason there is a push for special rights for homosexuals is in order to force the acceptance of homosexuality as normal and have all who say otherwise, even those who say only what the Bible says, declared to be haters and violaters of their special rights.

Indeed, things are becoming more evil when homosexuality is accepted as normal and special rights are granted to those who practice an abominible sin.

Christians are called upon by God to stand firm upon His Word, not matter the outcome, which we are to place in His hands. Whether our standing upon His Word slows or stops anything is not the objective, the objective is to obey God, speak and live true to His Word.

• Members

You are referring to Romans 13, but that is not an all-inclusive mandate to follow every law of man.

In the Gospel of Mark we find:

And he (Jesus) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Yet in many countries it is illegal to preach the gospel, some where preaching the gospel may bring your death. Does that mean we are to disobey God because man's law holds precedence?

Since the very beginning God has proclaimed that marriage is to be between one man and one woman:

22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Genesis 2:22-24

4 And he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Matthew 19:4-6

Just because a law is enacted does not make it right and if it goes against God's word it is my obligation and duty to God to fight that law. Also, this country is not built upon the premise that we all have the freedom to choose how we live. If this were true we would not need a license to hunt, fish, or drive. I would not need a permit to own a pistol. There are many things that I may "choose" to do that bring harm to noone, yet I am either restricted or prohibited from doing them. Yet there are an increasing number of things that are or are becoming legal that do bring harm to others and they are all made legal under the guise of "people have a right to live their lives the way they want". I speak of abortion, alcohol, gambling, homosexual marriage, homosexual adoptions, etc.

I refuse to call evil things good, or condone those that do those evil things:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20

By the way, There are now 30 states that have passed constitutional amendments prohibiting same-sex marriage, and each of those amendments passed by a huge margin of the popular vote. Eight more states and that constitutional amendment could go federal (If we have enough people in Congress with the spine to do so).