• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Friend Jamie; A Vietnam War Veteran

• Members

Jamie, a Vietnam War Veteran, wounded, spent quite a bit of time in the hospital recovering, & exposed to agent orange. I got to know Jamie in the mid 70’s, we drove for the same trucking company. He lives some distance from me, yet our paths have crossed several times in the last several years.

About two years ago, maybe a bit longer, he was diagnosed with cancer, they removed one lung, & its been a fight ever since. He never got to return to being song leader after the lung was removed, just did not have enough wind. Its been a series of up & downs, but he & wife have put up a strong battle against this cancer.

Recently he was hospitalized at the VA hospital at Little Rock, them transferee to Oklahoma City. As recently as last Friday they wanted to do a biopsy because of a spot on his liver. For some reason they thought that the hospital at Oklahoma City would be better for him. they were hoping they could build him up enough to do the biopsy.

But today they sent him home in an ambulance, & say they can do no more for Jamie. Jamie & his wife Sandy was to be home late this afternoon, with hospice taking over. We all know what that means, as for as the medical doctors are concerned.

Anyway, prayers for this fellow Christian man would be appreciated, the next few days, or weeks, will surely be tough on his wife, & family, as well as Jamie.

May the Lord bless,
Jerry

As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Psalm 18:30