• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Texting While Walking Banned In New Jersey Town

• Members
Texting While Walking Banned in New Jersey Town

“It’s a big distraction. Pedestrians aren’t watching where they are going and they are not aware,” said Thomas Ripoli, chief of the Fort Lee Police Department.

Ripoli said the borough, which is home to approximately 35,000 residents, has suffered three fatal pedestrian-involved accidents this year. He hopes his crackdown on people who display dangerous behavior while walking will make his town safer, but not everyone is on board with the idea of issuing $85 tickets."

That will work, I suppose they can't give them a ticket for just being rude.

• Members

Good idea! I saw a news clip of people in New York walking around texting. These texters were walking into other people, walking into polls, walking off curbs, cutting people off.

An $85 dollar fine should bring that to a stop in that small NJ city.

It's amazing how rude people can be when they are texting or talking on their cell phones and they get angry at anyone who dares to mention it.

• Members

Would it not be nice for them to give tickets for being rude?

Today in town I was at a stop sign a school let out, people just kept coming. A young back girl driving a Chevy pickup, looked that her father might have been in the passenger set, stopped & let me out. If everyone was like that, I believe the numbers killed in wrecks would be much lower. Plus, a much better world.

• Members

People texting and not paying attention put more than their own lives at risk. They knock people off sidewalks, walk into others while crossing the road, etc.

Would it be better to hope enough "stupid people" get killed this will no longer be a problem (with most likely going to eternity in hell) or better to charge them a high fine until they learn to think (which may give them more opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel)?

• Members

No, want happen, these people think of self, not considering others that's around them, & even when they cause someone to get killed, they go right back to their stupid ways.

Of course I know many will not be aware of this, for they'er the ones doing this.

Just like the news paper editor, in his editorial, he wrote how stupid laws are that bans taking & texting on cell phones while driving, that he can drive his car, talk on, or text with his cell phone, & he will never cause anyone a single problem for anyone. Yes, many think to highly of self. And I hope he never cause an incident where someone get killed just to prove how wrong he is.

• Members

No, want happen, these people think of self, not considering others that's around them, & even when they cause someone to get killed, they go right back to their stupid ways.

Of course I know many will not be aware of this, for they'er the ones doing this.

Just like the news paper editor, in his editorial, he wrote how stupid laws are that bans taking & texting on cell phones while driving, that he can drive his car, talk on, or text with his cell phone, & he will never cause anyone a single problem for anyone. Yes, many think to highly of self. And I hope he never cause an incident where someone get killed just to prove how wrong he is.

That's the same thing drunks and druggies like to say, it doesn't effect them, they can drink and smoke pot and still drive just fine. Then they have wreck and someone gets hurt or killed.