• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Total Inability...withou Excuse

• Members

What in the above statement did you not understand? You have an amazing knack of taking peoples posts and twisting them. No where did I state that any were innocent of sin - the term referred to unaccountable by adult standards not biblical. Besides, I have yet to find in the Word where it says that children are accountable and held guilty of sin and though it does say that we are all born in sin it also says this:

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

And this:

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. - Sanctified through the faith of the parent! A DIFFERENT SALVATION FOR CHILDREN that are not yet of an age to understand the doctrine of salvation - prove otherwise!

Explain that?

And back to topic:

1Co 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

What about the words EVERY MAN and EVERY ONE do they not understand? Verse in context to salvation - read the whole chapter!

From everything I've read and heard preached, the Corinthians 7:14 verse simply means the children are legitimate (they are born to legally married parents even if one is an unbeliever) and the child has the opportunity to have at least one saved parent to share Christ with them. The child also benefits from the blessings and protections God bestows upon the believing parent. This verse has absolutely nothing to do with salvation coming from simply being born to a believer.

• Members

From everything I've read and heard preached, the Corinthians 7:14 verse simply means the children are legitimate (they are born to legally married parents even if one is an unbeliever) and the child has the opportunity to have at least one saved parent to share Christ with them. The child also benefits from the blessings and protections God bestows upon the believing parent. This verse has absolutely nothing to do with salvation coming from simply being born to a believer.

Not sure I agree with you on this one John - sanctified is sanctified - meaning "Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use" and Holy is Holy and we all know what that means and if the verse states "(1Co 7:14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy." It says what it says, no hidden meanings or ambiguities.

It is a difficult one that God has chosen not to make clear as much as some doctrines and truths are made clear in the Word. I just choose to believe that we don't know everything and can not make a conclusion until we are 100% sure but until I get to heaven and find out that babies are in hell like the Catholics believe I will stand on God's mercy regarding this one.

• Members

Not sure I agree with you on this one John - sanctified is sanctified - meaning "Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use" and Holy is Holy and we all know what that means and if the verse states "(1Co 7:14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy." It says what it says, no hidden meanings or ambiguities.

It is a difficult one that God has chosen not to make clear as much as some doctrines and truths are made clear in the Word. I just choose to believe that we don't know everything and can not make a conclusion until we are 100% sure but until I get to heaven and find out that babies are in hell like the Catholics believe I will stand on God's mercy regarding this one.

If this meant the children were saved simply because one of their parents were saved then that would mean they were born saved (which, ironically, sounds very much similar to the Calvinist position) and they could never be lost. If such were the case, then they would never need personally accept Christ.

As we see in the verse, a child may be viewed as "unclean", meaning with regards to the law, being born a bastard child as opposed to one born "clean", being born to the married parents.

I've read several commentaries and heard a few sermons which touched upon this verse and all were in agreement there is no special means of salvation for a child born to a Christian parent. They all agreed this verse was simply stating the child was legitimate, not unclean, and would share in some of the blessings God bestows upon their believing parent.

Beyond that, I do agree that God has chosen not to give us full or complete information regarding the status of aborted babies, babies who die young, children who die while young. Do all get a free pass to heaven? Some? Are all destined for hell? Some? Does God have some other plan (some have speculated perhaps all who died as babies and children will populate a millinium earth where they will have the opportunity to accept or reject Christ)? I don't know because Scripture does not specify. Being a believer who fully trusts in God this doesn't bother me, but I know for some unbelievers and some professing Christians, this is a major issue.

• Members

You are incarcerated in a condemned prison facility which my demolitions crew is preparing to destroy this afternoon. In the cell block where you are, each cell contains one inmate and without a key, his escape is totally impossible. Each inmate is TOTALLY UNABLE to escape his imminent destruction.. Now, as I personally clear the building, I go to each cell, unlock it, and release the occupant, but when I come to YOUR cell, I just ignore you and walk on by .

Any prisoner who fails to escape the building before the detonations begin, will be killed or at least severely injured. We are going to include this "severely injured" category because, unlike God, I don't have the capability of asking YOU any questions if you are dead. So, the explosions are over, the smoke and dust have cleared and when I come to your charred, demolished cell and find you mangled and barely breathing and ask: "Why did you not escape?" To which YOU reply; "you gave me no key...and you never even spoke to me". To which I reply: "you have no excuse"............

• Members

You are incarcerated in a condemned prison facility which my demolitions crew is preparing to destroy this afternoon. In the cell block where you are, each cell contains one inmate and without a key, his escape is totally impossible. Each inmate is TOTALLY UNABLE to escape his imminent destruction.. Now, as I personally clear the building, I go to each cell, unlock it, and release the occupant, but when I come to YOUR cell, I just ignore you and walk on by .

Any prisoner who fails to escape the building before the detonations begin, will be killed or at least severely injured. We are going to include this "severely injured" category because, unlike God, I don't have the capability of asking YOU any questions if you are dead. So, the explosions are over, the smoke and dust have cleared and when I come to your charred, demolished cell and find you mangled and barely breathing and ask: "Why did you not escape?" To which YOU reply; "you gave me no key...and you never even spoke to me". To which I reply: "you have no excuse"............

:icon_confused:

• Members

God has no grandchildren, not, no not one. When a child reaches the age of accountability, what ever that age may be for them, if they fail to accept Christ as Savior, they're doomed for hell. Whether their parents or parent is Christian or not. That is the doctrine of many churches, but its not a Bible doctrine, its commandment of man.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

• Members

In light of this how do we reconcile the fact God knows what would bring each person to salvation in Christ yet He doesn't bring that about in everyones life?

How do we biblically address this when confronted with this?

Free will, Jesus knocks, yet forces Himself on none one. Each human makes their own choice.

Re 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

If, He forces some, them that would take away all free will.

Some refer to this as the last invitation in the Bible.

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Clearly, its a personal decision, for whosoever will.

That is one reason Calvin's teaching is clearly false teaching, teaching doctrine of men for commandments of God.

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

• Members

Scripture says "whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
and
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father but by Me".

Given that, I find don't understand how one can say all babies automatically go to heaven when they die. All have to go through Jesus.

The wicked go forth from the womb as soon as they be born speaking lies.

Do some babies call upon the Lord? If we could understand the gurgles, we might know for sure.

• Members

I was looking for insights and while I didn't come up with any, I did come across a discussion asking this:

If God knows out of 60 billion people only 10% will accept Christ, why does He allow the other 90% to even be born if He doesn't want anyone to go to hell?

If God knows 100 people in Houston will be saved if they go hear Pastor James preach, why doesn't He make sure all 100 hear Pastor James preach?

Since God only dealt directly with Israel for several thousand years, wasn't most of humanity at that time without any means of salvation? Could the same be said with regards to most of humanity for over a thousand years after Christ since the Gospel wasn't reaching them?

These questions come up from people asking sincerely and I would like to learn better answers for them.

Its obvious what you're attempting to say but, I don't agree.

Why are you incarcerated? Why were you placed where you are?
Why didn’t we, who might have prevented incarceration, ever explain these things?

• Members

OK, my bad. It was a feeble attempt to make an illustration.
The simple fact is, acording to Romans 1, God has "shewed" his "eternal power and Godhead" and made Himself known to all ungodly men so when they get to the great white throne, no one will have any excuse. Redemption was made free and available to all.

• Members

Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Ro 1:19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

John, Simple fact, they're without excuse, you either believe God, or not. Fact is, some will not, they refuse, & no amount of words humans can speak will convince them, if they will not believe the Word of God.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The power is in the Word of God, not in man, not in the preacher, pastor, evangelist, or who ever.

Even if you could someone into someone, someone else would come along & talk them out of it.

Let God's Word do the talking, them let the Holy spirit do its thing, yet, the Holy Spirit will not over rule the will of mankind.

And, who ever finds their self in hell, they can only blame them self.