• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Is The Head Of The Wife?

• Members

I copied and pasted this paragraph from my "Sheep and Goat" thread:

Saturday, around 11 oclock, I grabbed my shepherd's staff and headed out to the south pasture to check the grass. The sheep were grazing in a plowed up area where the grass had begun to emerge. As I approached the plowed area, Sissy came over to me and I petted her chin but had no feed to give her. But as I stood there looking over the pasture, she began rubbing her head up and down the staff which I was leaning against. She did this for several minutes and as I turned to leave, she followed. I stopped, stood still again and she resumed her rubbing on the staff. While she rubbed, I ran my hand over her back and noticed she was still shedding (she is a Barbado, hair sheep). I walked away again, stepped over the electric fence (off) to the north pasture but Sissy also traversed the fence, and followed again. This time she found the spot where my body cast a shadow and arranged herself in the shade it provided. She seemed content to just stand there. A few moments later, I caught movement in the corner of my eye; Rocket (my ram) had stotted toward me in attack posture, stiff, with head ready, ears perked, eyes fixated on me as if to say; "better leave my woman alone, buster".

Reminds me of the time my wife's highschool classmate' wife left him and he took to coming over to my house to talk to my wife about it; presumably to cry on her shoulder, so to speak. She innocently saw nothing wrong with it but Hubby was a mite uneasy. I came home from work one afternoon and "Classmate" was there. so I humbly and politely asked him not to come over to my house unless I was home, a reasonable request huh? You know, he got huffy with me..imagine that! My wife nor me have seen hide nor hair of him since. I guess his problems were solved.

We once had a pastor who, when he first came, told us all that he didn't want anyone coming to his wife, asking her to do things.(sweet lady BTW) and I wondered why at first but understood later, as more and more people loaded my own wife ( who has a problem with saying "no")with various things they wanted done, that if your wife is kept too busy, she has less time for you, ...a no-brainer huh? Later, the same pastor came to my wife and asked her to teach a Sunday School class. What if I, her husband, had thought my wife needed to be TAUGHT in Sunday School class? I guess that wasn't up to me?

Ephesians 5:23 For the boss is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.? no

Ephesians 5:23 For the pastor is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.? huh uh

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body? Yep

Back to my little ram, Rocket, He is a passive, meek, submissive little sheep alright,....well most of the time. When it comes to what's HIS, he instantly gets an attitude, and when his testosterone levels escalate he goes from cocky to downright berserk.. What? A sheep? Yep, a sheep. You can see the fire in his eyes and it's only right, God made him that way. When it comes to his home, Rocket is the king of his pasture, Why don't we respect the man of the house and run it by Hubby first? Happy Fathers' Day (early)

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

It's often the case the husband gets forgotten or left out because the whole idea of husband as head of the house, head over his wife, are viewed as archaic, degrading and even evil.

Even in some churches which will acknowledge Ephesians 5:23 the idea that it actually applies in real life is often not considered.

It's not good for someone of the opposite sex to become too close to ones wife...or husband for that matter. Such opens the door to potential problems, especially when that one of the opposite sex thinks it's okay to start coming to the house to visit the wife or stopping by where they work to visit them, or showing up in the park when they take their walk or whatever.

As head of his wife and family, it's a husbands duty to protect them. Sometimes this means putting yourself between the outsider and your wife. Good Christian wives know this and appreciate it.

The worlds way is to look down upon the husband for doing what is right. Shouts of oppressing women, and demands that women be allowed to make their own choices, of being insecure or hyper-jealous of other men, and often much worse are cast forth by the world.

Those same charges fly when a father seeks to protect his daughter, or even his son, from potential danger and evil. The dad is called a Neanderthal and scolded about how he should just let his children make their own decisions.

Considering the fallen nature of the world which is in state of rebellion it's no wonder the biblical ways to care for ones wife and children is assaulted from nearly every direction. Sad to say, this even occurs in some churches and Christian circles.

On a personal note I say, "Well done Heartstrings!"