• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Former Poster Child For Missing Kids Gets 25 In Child Rape

• Moderators

Just a question - why do we have to have news topics like this one on here? I know it's news, but it's not profitable. I know that followIng stories like this one off OB has in the past led me to filling my mind with a lot of junk that I wish wasn't there. And that's my fault - not saying its not - but do we really need to see these things? :twocents:

• Members

Just a question - why do we have to have news topics like this one on here? I know it's news, but it's not profitable. I know that followIng stories like this one off OB has in the past led me to filling my mind with a lot of junk that I wish wasn't there. And that's my fault - not saying its not - but do we really need to see these things? :twocents:

If you are having issues with this type of stuff, I would just not click on any of the links in this forum. Best to browse news on your own that way you know (for the most part) what you are looking at.

• Members

One thing this story points out is how wrong human law is and why we would all be so much better off if the law was based upon God's law. Had the law set forth by God been enforced this final outcome would not have been.

We (humans) think we know better, think we are being "humane" and wiser than God when we reject the "harsh" punishments God commands for crime.

We see this same thing in other areas, such as with regard to punishment and correction of children by their parents. The biblical model has been rejected for "kinder and gentler" ways that don't work. Even in the course of attempting to find ways to deal with wayward children through means other than biblical spankings, parents come under fire for grounding their children from the internet, making them work to pay for a crime, causing them to take public responsibility for their transgressions, etc. Then, after being told they are horrible parents to the point they stop trying to correct their children and then the children get in more serious trouble, the same parents are then attacked for not having done something!

The Word of God is clear when it comes to how crime and wayward children are to be dealt with and it's to be swift and strong. As Barney Fife would say, "nip it in the bud!" If rightly dealt with in "bud" form it's unlikely to ever bloom into something worse. In more extreme instances, the punishment to nip it in the bud would totally eliminate the possibilty of it ever blooming horrific.

• Members

Not clicking on this forum for current events is good advise if this bothers you, & perhaps staying away from any newspapers, & or web-sties that post news article, for articles such as this show up quite regularly, plus you might not want to even watch the news on TV, for they also show up on TV news shows.

• Members

Acts 17: 21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

strangers = foreigners