• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kansas Officials Call Storm Chasers 'outrageously Stupid'

• Members

Those are the ones that have been the focus of the discussion, the ones who are breaking the law, such as not moving out of the way of emergency vehicles.

If they are not breaking the law or hampering emergency workers and such, then they are within their rights.

Ohhhh..... my bad :hide:

I was thinking the beef was with "storm chasing" in general. But I agree, they shouldn't be getting in the way of emergency personnel.

• Members

Ohhhh..... my bad :hide:

I was thinking the beef was with "storm chasing" in general. But I agree, they shouldn't be getting in the way of emergency personnel.

No, I don't have any problems with "storm chasing" for valid reasons, such as weather spotters and storm research. I do have a big issue with those who add problems to those who are trying to cope with whatever the situation may be. Another example is when rescue teams have to be called out to drag folks out of trees during floods. Rescuer's who have to put their lives on the line because somebody wanted the thrill/adventure of deliberately putting themselves in harms way. Same thing applies to "storm chasing" media and looky loo's seeking some type of excitement in their lives.

Personally, I pray that I never see a tornado. Seeing one means that people's lives and property are at risk. Especially the elderly and vunerable who don't have finances and/or years left to start all over again, if they come through unscathed. My heart goes out to those left with a rubble filled spot where their homes once stood. My ire goes out to those who want to gain from other's loss, whether, it's fame, fortune, or adventure.