• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The LORD is King - Blah blah blah.

• Members

It has never occurred to me that God is not King of his creation, nor that our LORD Jesus Christ rose from the dead, ascended to heaven & failed to sit on his eternal throne.

Wilchbla, do you believe in God? The God of the Bible? The God the Apostles & martyrs committed their lives & deaths to? Did they believe Christ ascended to his glorious heavenly throne?
Luke 24:
Then he said u
nt
o them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Ought n
ot
Christ to have suffered these things, and to e
nt
er i
nt
o his glory?

Acts 1:
To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

2:
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; ...

The sun shall be turned i
nt
o darkness, and the moon i
nt
o blood, before the great and n
ot
able day of the Lord come:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. ...

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ,
This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
For David is n
ot
ascended i
nt
o the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said u
nt
o my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
U
nt
il I make thy foes thy fo
ot
stool.
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, b
ot
h Lord and Christ. ...

Then Peter said u
nt
o them, Repe
nt
, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is u
nt
o you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Did Peter express the slightest doubt that Jesus was on his heavenly throne, or that Jesus had failed in any way? Perhaps he didn't have your insight - "If Christ is reigning now he sure is doing a lousy job of it."

Blah blah blah. The bottomline is is that your Savior is doing a crummy job of reigning right now if he is. Especially in the Middle East where there is NO knowledge of God. In fact, some nations like Somalia and Afghanistan are 100% Muslim. And take a walk down the Red Light district in Amsterdam or the French Quarter in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and then tell me the devil is bound in the pit right now.
Edited by Covenanter

• Members

The glorious Messianic Psalm 2 (quoted in prayer in Acts 4) declares Jesus is King so clearly -

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anoi
nt
ed, saying,

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak u
nt
o them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said u
nt
o me, Thou art my Son; this day have I beg
ot
ten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a p
ot
ter's vessel.

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

How can anyone who claims to believe the Scriptures declare "your Savior is doing a crummy job of reigning right now." When did he abdicate?

The
LORD
is
King
for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.

For the
king
dom is the
LORD
's: and he is the governor among the nations.

Who is this
King
of glory? The
LORD
strong and mighty, the
LORD
mighty in battle.

Who is this
King
of glory? The
LORD
of hosts, he is the
King
of glory.

The
LORD
sitteth upon the flood; yea, the
LORD
sitteth
King
for ever.

For the
LORD
most high is terrible; he is a great
King
over all the earth.

Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O
LORD
of hosts, my
King
, and my God.

For the
LORD
is a great God, and a great
King
above all gods.

The
LORD
hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his
king
dom ruleth over all.

But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth u
nt
o the
LORD
a corrupt thing: for I am a great
King
, saith the
LORD
of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.

Saying, Blessed be the
King
that cometh in the name of the
Lord
: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

Took branches of palm trees, and we
nt
forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the
King
of Israel that cometh in the name of the
Lord

1 Timothy 6:14-16 14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

• Members

Covenater, I am appaled at your post. Have you been influenced by Jehovah's Witnesses? Something seems to have hinered your faith and led you to make fooish atatements.

Are you appalled at MY posts or Wilchbla's ?

• Members

Covenater, I am appaled at your post. Have you been influenced by Jehovah's Witnesses? Something seems to have hinered your faith and led you to make fooish atatements.

I feel likewise. But I feel many will disagree with me.

Job 14:5 Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;

• Members

Colossians 2:15

King James Version (King James Version of the Bible)

15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Hebrews 1:1-3 (King James Version)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past u
nt
o the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken u
nt
o us by his Son, whom he hath appoi
nt
ed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Hebrews 12:2 (King James Version)
2Looking u
nt
o Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 2:8-9 (King James Version)

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became
ob
edie
nt
u
nt
o death, even the death of the cross.9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Edited by John81

• Members

Are you appalled at MY posts or Wilchbla's ?

Whoever the original poster was! It is confusing when you have a large section of quotes. Be assured, it was all in God's plan that Satan rule the earth for a time (Luke 4:6--read from verse 1) Our lord in effigy, is still the King of king, and Lord of lords, as He has power over Satan also. This is the "prince of the powers of the air" i believe.

second point; The Lord does not reign until His work is done, and only at the appointed time. If it was for us to know, we would know. It all must take place in God's time. Edited by irishman

• Members

I was grieved by the offensive tone of Wilchbla's posts - that is why I started the thread. I don't mind disagreement - discussion aids understanding of Scripture - & each other. It is a form of fellowship that should draw us closer to our Saviour & each other.

Scripture is so clear on the kingship of God & his Christ that to reject that glorious truth with "blah blah blah" is absolutely offensive.

Whoever the original poster was! It is confusing when you have a large section of quotes.
Sorry about that - I was putting Wilchbla's comments in context.

Be assured, it was all in God's plan that Satan rule the earth for a time (Luke 4:6--read from verse 1)
And the devil said u
nt
o him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered u
nt
o me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Be assured Satan is a liar. Our risen Lord declared: "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

Our lord in effigy, is still the King of king, and Lord of lords, as He has power over Satan also. This is the "prince of the powers of the air" i believe.
I don't know what you mean by "effigy" but I certainly agree he is King of kings & Lord of lords. He bound the "strong man" in order to free his captives - "all power is given to ME". How much power Satan has as "prince of the power of the air" is questionable. He has no power over Christ nor Christians.

second point; The Lord does not reign until His work is done, and only at the appointed time. If it was for us to know, we would know. It all must take place in God's time.
Jesus' work was finished at the cross. Paul wrote (1 Cor. 15) 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

He is reigning, now, & his last enemy, death, will be destroyed at the resurrection when he comes.
There is obviously a question in people's minds as to the nature of Jesus' present reign when so much wickedness abounds. Peter answered that:

2 Peter 3:
The Lord is n
ot
slack concerning his promise, as some men cou
nt
slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, n
ot
willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repe
nt
ance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the eleme
nt
s shall melt with ferve
nt
heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting u
nt
o the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the eleme
nt
s shall melt with ferve
nt
heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The mess the world is in is not because Jesus is not yet King. He is graciously saving sinners out of a sinful world, translating us into his Kingdom. If he destroyed the wicked now, he would be destroying the wheat with the tares.

Col. 1:
Giving thanks u
nt
o the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the sai
nt
s in light:

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us i
nt
o the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

• Members

Typical twisting of words by Covenator. Jesus is to be Lord of the believers life but he is not the Lord of this world. If you think Jesus is ruling over this world right now then you have to admit he's doing a lousy job.

I think Covenanter mainly quoted scripture, not twisting words. jesus is doing God's will, not yours.