• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Noise And Heat; How Will God Destroy The Earth?

• Members

I'm kind of new at discussions about end times so, you learned folk cut me some slack :) . O.K. back to pondering.

As interesting as all the conjecture has been that the earth will be destroyed by a man made nuclear catastrophe, there may be other explanations. May I take a step back and view the whole picture. I don't have perfect knowledge and don't claim to. I know this...

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

How did 18th and 19th century Christians believe God would bring about the end of the earth? They certainly had no idea how to build nuclear weapons.

Why should I believe God would have to depend on the invention of nuclear weapons? God, the author of science and nuclear physics, knew this destructive power long before scientists were allowed to understand or develop it. If this is the method of destroying the earth why should I believe it is man who will use it?

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The same God , who by his word, spoke the universe into creation, can surely speak it out again. I wonder what it would sound like if God ripped the fabric of all creation apart by his very word? Of course the universe is silent now and the earth so bustling with activity people strain to distinguish birds tweeting from the uproar of daily life; then the destruction-afterword total silence. When have you ever heard total silence?

The same God who’s breath can cause a soul to live could just as easily become a fervent heat.

No, a little nuclear bomb among enemies couldn’t destroy earth and heavens. I apologize if I sound very confident but I won’t allow men to be so arrogant as to convince me they hold the power to destroy all creation.

Job 4:9, 17-21
9 By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath of his nostrils are they consumed.
17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
20 They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it.
21 Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? they die, even without wisdom.

My questions…

How will God destroy the earth?

How did 18th and 19th century Christians believe God would bring about the end of the earth?

Why should I believe God would have to depend on the invention of nuclear weapons?

If this is the method of destroying the earth why should I believe it is man who will use it?

I wonder what it would sound like if God ripped the fabric of all creation apart by his very word?

When have you ever heard total silence?

Borrowing from Job…

God has all power, just who do we think we are anyway?

• Members

God created all simply by speaking it into existence. God can destroy in the same manner.

In no way does God need nuclear weapons to destroy the earth. God created the greatest nuclear reactor we know of, the sun. God destroyed Soddom and Gomorrah by sending forth brimstone and fire from heaven, not by a nuclear bomb. As you have pointed out, it would take more than nuclear bombs going off to destroy the earth and heavens.

From what I have read of pre-nuclear age Christians, the belief was that God would destroy the world in the same way He created it, by His Word.

No doubt, the destruction of the earth and heavens would create a lot of noise.

Total silence could be very scary. Even in the most quiet of moments I've known, there was always some sound, no matter how small or faint, whether from a breeze, bugs, birds...

God doesn't need us to bring about His final wrath.

• Members

Nuclear weapons will not, cannot, bring into being the NH&NE. They do, however, make life very difficult for those who use them & those who live where they have been used. Their only merit is that most nations are afraid of using them & getting involved in a nuclear war where everybody loses. Even using "dirty bombs" - depleted uranium warheads - has caused serious problems for survivors & those who use the affected land, & American soldiers.

Reagan's idea of keeping nuclear weapons so God could fulfil Zechariah's prophecies was monstrous.

• Members

Nuclear weapons will not, cannot, bring into being the NH&NE. They do, however, make life very difficult for those who use them & those who live where they have been used. Their only merit is that most nations are afraid of using them & getting involved in a nuclear war where everybody loses. Even using "dirty bombs" - depleted uranium warheads - has caused serious problems for survivors & those who use the affected land, & American soldiers.

Reagan's idea of keeping nuclear weapons so God could fulfil Zechariah's prophecies was monstrous.

"Nuclear weapons will not, cannot, bring into being the NH&NE." I agree with that statement whole-heartedly. It's just a tad difficult for nothing to create anything. I believe I'm correct in saying when God finishes melting and burning everything the eye can see; nukes won't be here anymore.

I was pointing more toward the destruction of the OH&OE, the end. Not the beginning of the new. God will create a new heaven and new earth from nothing.

Wow, I imagine some cult could have fun building a scenario out of thoughts around this! Most likely some have already. Like a "gap" theory between the old and new. Praise God we won't have to put up with that either!

edited the first para to make better sense. Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

In Isaiah 33:11 indicates it is man’s breath that burns the people as lime.

In Isaiah 26:11 the Lord says “the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.”

In Jeremiah 25:14-15,29-33 God sends out a cup of judgment that causes nations to send evil from nation to nation that will look like a great whirlwinds and kill people from one end of the earth to the other. Yes God is going to push the nuclear button and men will kill each other!

Isa 25:3-7

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
6 And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. KJV

The blast with the hot cloud will burn the ozone layer and cause the sun to become 7 times brighter see
Isaiah 30:25-26

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

In Isaiah 33:11 indicates it is man’s breath that burns the people as lime.

In Isaiah 26:11 the Lord says “the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.”

In Jeremiah 25:14-15,29-33 God sends out a cup of judgment that causes nations to send evil from nation to nation that will look like a great whirlwinds and kill people from one end of the earth to the other. Yes God is going to push the nuclear button and men will kill each other!

Isa 25:3-7

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
6 And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. KJV

The blast with the hot cloud will burn the ozone layer and cause the sun to become 7 times brighter see
Isaiah 30:25-26

I can't agree with your theory; I'm talking about something on a universal scale not on man's scale. All the nuclear stuff will melt along with the earth and universe. We haven't developed a nuke that can burn the universe so I'll go with God doing it.

Besides that, I think you have some of the above out of context, I'll get back to later about that. Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

I can't agree with your theory; I'm talking about something on a universal scale not on man's scale. All the nuclear stuff will melt along with the earth and universe. We haven't developed a nuke that can burn the universe so I'll go with God doing it.

Besides that, I think you have some of the above out of context, I'll get back to later about that.

Agreed.

• Members

I'm kind of new at discussions about end times so, you learned folk cut me some slack :) . O.K. back to pondering.

As interesting as all the conjecture has been that the earth will be destroyed by a man made nuclear catastrophe, there may be other explanations. May I take a step back and view the whole picture. I don't have perfect knowledge and don't claim to. I know this...

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

How did 18th and 19th century Christians believe God would bring about the end of the earth? They certainly had no idea how to build nuclear weapons.

Why should I believe God would have to depend on the invention of nuclear weapons? God, the author of science and nuclear physics, knew this destructive power long before scientists were allowed to understand or develop it. If this is the method of destroying the earth why should I believe it is man who will use it?

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The same God , who by his word, spoke the universe into creation, can surely speak it out again. I wonder what it would sound like if God ripped the fabric of all creation apart by his very word? Of course the universe is silent now and the earth so bustling with activity people strain to distinguish birds tweeting from the uproar of daily life; then the destruction-afterword total silence. When have you ever heard total silence?

The same God who’s breath can cause a soul to live could just as easily become a fervent heat.

No, a little nuclear bomb among enemies couldn’t destroy earth and heavens. I apologize if I sound very confident but I won’t allow men to be so arrogant as to convince me they hold the power to destroy all creation.

Job 4:9, 17-21
9 By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath of his nostrils are they consumed.
17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
20 They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it.
21 Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? they die, even without wisdom.

My questions…

How will God destroy the earth?

How did 18th and 19th century Christians believe God would bring about the end of the earth?

Why should I believe God would have to depend on the invention of nuclear weapons?

If this is the method of destroying the earth why should I believe it is man who will use it?

I wonder what it would sound like if God ripped the fabric of all creation apart by his very word?

When have you ever heard total silence?

Borrowing from Job…

God has all power, just who do we think we are anyway?

God did not have to have the help of man to bring about the flood, & He promised us He would not destroy the earth by water again, that it would be by fire. He can just as easily burn the earth with fire, as he flooded the earth during the days of Noah.

I feel sure up until man invented the nuclear bombs, man thought that God Himself would burn the earth up with fire without help from man. Of course the important things is, this earth is going to be destroy this earth by fire, & God is the one that will be behind this. He has already judge this earth, found it guilty, its just a matter when He will carry the sentence out.

• Members

God did not have to have the help of man to bring about the flood, & He promised us He would not destroy the earth by water again, that it would be by fire. He can just as easily burn the earth with fire, as he flooded the earth during the days of Noah.

I feel sure up until man invented the nuclear bombs, man thought that God Himself would burn the earth up with fire without help from man. Of course the important things is, this earth is going to be destroy this earth by fire, & God is the one that will be behind this. He has already judge this earth, found it guilty, its just a matter when He will carry the sentence out.

Why is it important to understand the end time prophecies?

Jude 1: 22-23 teaches that you win some people by compassion or love but others will be saved by fear.

Most people understand nuclear war and what its effects would look like. If you can show them that the Bible prophets were told by God about nuclear war, they will often believe other parts of the Bible as my neighbor did. He got saved because he was interested in the prophecy.

It is true that God dose not need nuclear bombs to burn the earth. It is also true that God can use man and his nuclear weapons to judge Israel and the earth. Study my post on the sixth seal judgment after you pray and ask God for understanding!

• Members

Why is it important to understand the end time prophecies?

Jude 1: 22-23 teaches that you win some people by compassion or love but others will be saved by fear.

Most people understand nuclear war and what its effects would look like. If you can show them that the Bible prophets were told by God about nuclear war, they will often believe other parts of the Bible as my neighbor did. He got saved because he was interested in the prophecy.

It is true that God dose not need nuclear bombs to burn the earth. It is also true that God can use man and his nuclear weapons to judge Israel and the earth. Study my post on the sixth seal judgment after you pray and ask God for understanding!

Over the years I've found most folks are much more afraid of an actual hell and the wrath of God than they are about a nuclear war.

We can clearly show in Scripture that God will punish the wicked but there is nothing clear at all in Scripture about nuclear war.

Much better to stick to what Scripture clearly says and reach the lost with that than to insert possibilities or imaginations.

• Members

I have prayed and do pray for the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth. Sometimes the Lord uses discussion among fellow Christians. The greater % of time he uses his own word. I was studying Jesus Christ and his life when I saw scripture convincing me of a need to understand end time prophecy. Why would I want to change that now and refer to your ideas and your thoughts. I will have time today to look at the scripture you provided early in this thread to see what God would teach me about those scriptures. God needs absolutely nothing from us whatsoever to carry out his will.

Acts 17:24-28
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

You're just a little off line with your use of Jude. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit is the force pulling the lost with their toes dangling ever so close to eternal hell you can almost smell the flesh burning. If tomorrow, secular humanists take over the governments of men and round up and destroy 100% of all nuclear weapons you've just lost leverage over a multitude of people. I think you are better off sticking to the Gospel and that God will destroy the world alone and without man's assistance.

Eric, I'm not trying to be mean, nasty, or derogatory toward you. However, wouldn't it be better for me to pray, study God's word, and then come back and see what your thoughts are?

edited to complete a sentence

Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

These quotes are interesting:

Here is part of the prayer: Hagee: "Father, in the name of Lord Jesus, I pray for our President...that you would give him the wisdom of Solomon to lead this nation into war against the enemies of righteousness...I pray God that the enemy shall be destroyed and that the angels of heaven go before the US and British forces bringing deliverance to that part of the world and, most assuredly, deliverance to Israel....in Jesus name, amen."

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by John Hagee Ministries."

Grace Halsell - "Forcing God's Hand - Why millions pray for a quick rapture & destruction of planet Earth"
Halsell:
Do you visualize Jesus as a five-star general, opting for the use of nuclear weapons?
Disp:
“Yes...in fact we can expect that Christ will make the first strike. He will release a new weapon. And this weapon will have the same effects as those caused by a neutron bomb. You read that their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongues shall consume away from their mouths. You see, that's what happens to victims of a thermonuclear blast - so Zechariah had foreknowledge of that.”
Edited by Covenanter

• Members

One woman said as a young girl she was scared into heaven, I wonder at times if it really worked, she seldom darkens the doors of a church building, & at one time in the last few years had two known drug-headed men shacked up with her. I recall another incident in this woman life while she was attending church, she sold about $10,000.00 dollars of timber. The day she received her check, she took off to another town, picked up a man at a drinking establishment, them took off to the boats. After staying in a motel, losing all of her money, the man left her, empty handed, & with empty pockets. I don't know, but it does not seem that hell scared her enough to really accept Jesus' open arms. Jesus does tell us, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them," Matthew 7:20.

Up until I was saved at just over 15 years of age, I had been in church all through those years, attending many Bible study classes, many preaching services, & many revivals. The afternoon I accept Christ as Savior I did not feel as if I had been scared into the arms of Jesus, it seemed at that moment Jesus full of compassion held His arms open to me, inviting me into them, & I simply accepted the invitation.

Re 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I'm sure for many, it seems as if He stands at the door of their life, heart, knocks, & they simply open up their life, heart, & invite Him in.

I had one pastor friend whom I have much respect for make a comment about those on their death bed that have lived as an infidel all their life, suddenly profess Christ as Savior. He stated, ‘Did they do this just out of fear of hell in their last moments of life? If so did they really repent, & get save? I don’t know, only Jesus does, yet I fear many such professions of faith like that are empty.’ No doubt, its dangerous to put it off till the last moments.

John, I don't know about that, back though the late 50's, & into the 60's, many people were scared that a nuclear war would take place. I remember the drills at our school, & seeing one or two walking around with a Geiger counter. And during those years many nuclear fall out shelters were built, & there was much publicly about what could happen due to nuclear fall out, so from my experience it seems more people showed fear of radiation fall out than they did of the Lords return & life in hell. I to remember my Air Force days in SAC working on the engines of the B-52’s. We had several B-52’s setting on the alter pad, loaded down with weapons, many of them having a Hound Dog on each wing. It was an amazing thing when the buzzer went off. Crews running to their planes, starting their engines, at that point everyone in the area knew that was an alter, yet no one knew if it was real or not. Some of our airmen, it put a great fear in their heart, to think this might be the end. I feel though those times there was many that feared that much more than they feared God & hell. If they had the church houses would have been full with many standing outside of the doors, with a big thirst for the Gospel.

That is I have seen many more people shook up over fallout, than I have of the thought of going to hell.