• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Dating Sites

• Members

Hello everyone,

I have never been on this forum and all this may sound strange but my wife's sister has joined some Christian dating sites and my wife asked me to help her and I looked on some of the sites that she was a member of and I was shocked at how few Bible Believing Christian Guys are on these sites like eharmony, etc, how many guys drink socially, and how expensive these sites are.

So the other day I was thinking how I could help her and I thought of searching for an Independent Baptist forum and I found this site. I want to know does anyone know of any good Christian dating sites that have Bible Believing Guys on them.

OR ( if from here down is not allowed on this site please just delete the bottom part of this and keep the top part, please)

If anyone knows of any single Bible Beliving guys that would want to talk to a single woman please let us know.

• Administrators

First off, welcome to Online Baptist, I'm glad that you have found us.
As far as Christian dating sites goes, well, the term "Christian" is really broad these days. It seems that everyone seems to think they are a "Christian" no matter what they believe, so your results does not surprise me. I wish I could help you, but I do not know of any good Christian dating sites. Not that you can't find a spouse from a dating site, I would think that she would find greater results in a local Bible Believing church

• Members

There are a few Christian dating sites but they accept virtually anyone calling themselves Christian. So, one will encounter everything from worldly folks who call themselves Christians to possibly a few actual solid Christians and everything in between.

I don't know of any Christian dating sites that actually have strict standards of only allowing solid Christians to join. I'm not tech savvy, but it would probably be near impossible to have such a dating site.

As in the real world, one would have to be just as careful about who one "meets" online. Anyone can pretend to be something they are not, and unless some real conversation takes place, it can be easy to think someone is a good Christian only to find out later they don't hold to the same ideas of Christianity you do.

• Members

My advice to this lady would be to join a sound church. God will supply a mate, if it is his will.

It is my belief that if one joins a dating site, they are not waiting on the Lord.

• Moderators

Unless God actually leads to such a step...

I would generally agree with you, though, Invicta. I don't have a favorable view of Christian dating sites myself, but I do have a couple of friends who met on eHarmony. They are both sound, strong IFBs - so it can happen! If there's a one-in-a-million chance of such happening, then they must be the one-in-a-million (as I tell my friends who try to use their experience to get me on eHarmony)!

I suppose, though, that believing such 'odds' is antithetical to sincerely trusting God to work His will and way through whatever means He chooses...

Edited by salyan

• Members

My wife said recently, that she thought that she would not get married as there were no suitable men at her church. Then I came along. Not sure if I was suitable, but we have been married 44 years last Friday.

• Members

Bro. Matt is correct, in this world the term Christian is a very broad term. And a Christian dating sight would be full of many that claim to be Christian, that do not even know how one can be saved, yet many of them will claim to be saved.

Personally I don't think a dating site of any type is a good idea.

A good solid church would be the best place. And if one is not found there, someone in that church might know of someone from another church.

• Members

Saying that a Christian Dating site is not a good idea to find someone is the same as saying that you shouldn't find it anywhere on the World but in your home Church.
When you join such a site you are bound to find Christians that have different beliefs or from different denominations, it doesn't mean you have to marry them...
In such sites it is your choice to proceed with conversations/meetings/calls or whatever you prefer to call it, but they are as much as a good place to find someone as looking inside your neighborhood.
I found my girlfriend through a dating site (not even a Christian one) where I could spell out my religion and my preference for the otherperson to be. It's not about being a bad place or a good place, it's about what you expect out of it and how you deal with the people that you find there.
Just my 2 cents.
One in Christ,
D

• Members

Saying that a Christian Dating site is not a good idea to find someone is the same as saying that you shouldn't find it anywhere on the World but in your home Church.
When you join such a site you are bound to find Christians that have different beliefs or from different denominations, it doesn't mean you have to marry them...
In such sites it is your choice to proceed with conversations/meetings/calls or whatever you prefer to call it, but they are as much as a good place to find someone as looking inside your neighborhood.
I found my girlfriend through a dating site (not even a Christian one) where I could spell out my religion and my preference for the otherperson to be. It's not about being a bad place or a good place, it's about what you expect out of it and how you deal with the people that you find there.
Just my 2 cents.
One in Christ,
D

Recently a post was made on this board, there was a reply to that post, saying something like this, "Your very worldly in your thoughts,' the same can be said about your post. I do not know why people have worldly thoughts like that, I do know there's more than one reason, 2 of them I'm listing.

1. They never have been saved
2. They are babes in Christ

• Members

Recently a post was made on this board, there was a reply to that post, saying something like this, "Your very worldly in your thoughts,' the same can be said about your post. I do not know why people have worldly thoughts like that, I do know there's more than one reason, 2 of them I'm listing.

1. They never have been saved
2. They are babes in Christ

Please justify your accusation... or forever hold your peace.
And the correct English would be "you're" not "your"...
I also know of several reasons why people hate technology... because they fear it.
Who are you to decide who is saved and who is not?
Who are you to judge me?
One in Christ,
D

• Members

Please justify your accusation... or forever hold your peace.
And the correct English would be "you're" not "your"...
I also know of several reasons why people hate technology... because they fear it.
Who are you to decide who is saved and who is not?
Who are you to judge me?
One in Christ,
D

Considering you are showing a very unchristlike attitude here, and in several other posts now, is it surprising?

Read the Bible, it's clear within that we are not to simply accept that someone is in Christ because they say so, but rather based upon the evidence of Christ in their lives.

God knows who is and isn't saved, but we must rely upon the evidence Scripture tells us to look for. Not only that, but we are also told to examine our own selves to see whether or not we are truly born again in Christ.

You have come to this forum in a manner appearing to be duplicitious. Your quetions have turned into accusations, you refuse to answer questions put to you, you take an antagonistic approach.

How difficult is it to answer the questions put to you asking the most important question in the world, as to whether or not you are heavenbound and how you know?

Why not reveal the denomination you belong to unless you know it's unbiblical or you are ashamed of it for another reason?

Why lash out at members here for putting forth what Scripture says rather than addressing what Scripture says?

• Members

Considering you are showing a very unchristlike attitude here, and in several other posts now, is it surprising?

Read the Bible, it's clear within that we are not to simply accept that someone is in Christ because they say so, but rather based upon the evidence of Christ in their lives.

God knows who is and isn't saved, but we must rely upon the evidence Scripture tells us to look for. Not only that, but we are also told to examine our own selves to see whether or not we are truly born again in Christ.

You have come to this forum in a manner appearing to be duplicitious. Your quetions have turned into accusations, you refuse to answer questions put to you, you take an antagonistic approach.

How difficult is it to answer the questions put to you asking the most important question in the world, as to whether or not you are heavenbound and how you know?

Why not reveal the denomination you belong to unless you know it's unbiblical or you are ashamed of it for another reason?

Why lash out at members here for putting forth what Scripture says rather than addressing what Scripture says?

If you tell me where I was "unChristlike" I would be eternally grateful as I do not accuse anyone of anything. I ask questions. Is that Unchristlike?
Did I ever say that people should accept others are in Christ "because they say so"? Please provide me with that quote.
I don't understand what you mean with "duplicitous" in regards to what I did. Maybe you can explain?
Can you tell me when and where did I make an accusation against someone? Or are my questions bothering you?
I did not refuse to answer questions put to me, I refused to disclose one piece of information and I explained why I did so.
How is my opinion about Dating Sites an "antagonistic approach"?
I answered the question you mentioned in the appropriate topic... not this one. I fail to see how this has anything to do with the original question for this topic...
Why does me not revealing my denomination hurt you so much? You are using a False Dichotomy fallacy here.
Where and when did I lash out at members? I believe all of my arguments so far have been using the Scripture. I did not use an argument here in this topic but that is because this topic is not about Scripture, it is about the opinion of each one.

One in Christ,
D

• Members

If you tell me where I was "unChristlike" I would be eternally grateful as I do not accuse anyone of anything. I ask questions. Is that Unchristlike?
Did I ever say that people should accept others are in Christ "because they say so"? Please provide me with that quote.
I don't understand what you mean with "duplicitous" in regards to what I did. Maybe you can explain?
Can you tell me when and where did I make an accusation against someone? Or are my questions bothering you?
I did not refuse to answer questions put to me, I refused to disclose one piece of information and I explained why I did so.
How is my opinion about Dating Sites an "antagonistic approach"?
I answered the question you mentioned in the appropriate topic... not this one. I fail to see how this has anything to do with the original question for this topic...
Why does me not revealing my denomination hurt you so much? You are using a False Dichotomy fallacy here.
Where and when did I lash out at members? I believe all of my arguments so far have been using the Scripture. I did not use an argument here in this topic but that is because this topic is not about Scripture, it is about the opinion of each one.

One in Christ,
D

You want others to draw you pictures but you don't want to answer straight questions. All of that speaks for itself. Your lame attempts to continually turn everything back upon those who ask you questions is just more avoidance of the questions.

If you are unwilling to share your salvation testimony, or to share what you believe is required to get to heaven, or what church you attend, or what you mean when others ask for clarification, then you should stop asking questions yourself.

Your approach is childish and not at all conducive to meaningful discussion. And yes, Scripture addresses this too, if you care to look it up.

• Members

You want others to draw you pictures but you don't want to answer straight questions. All of that speaks for itself. Your lame attempts to continually turn everything back upon those who ask you questions is just more avoidance of the questions.

If you are unwilling to share your salvation testimony, or to share what you believe is required to get to heaven, or what church you attend, or what you mean when others ask for clarification, then you should stop asking questions yourself.

Your approach is childish and not at all conducive to meaningful discussion. And yes, Scripture addresses this too, if you care to look it up.

I don't think I ever asked anyone to draw me pictures... I came to learn and to learn I need to ask questions... or how do you learn?
I answered all questions asked to me in a straightforward manner. Maybe I did not answer them like you would, but that is because I am not you.
I believe that if you want to discuss those topics you should either address them in the topics already addressing them or write me a personal message and I will try to be clearer to you.
"Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
If you do have any Scripture that addresses dating sites I would very much like to see it. I believe everyone in this topic would.
One in Christ,
D