• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gingrich Adviser: Romney Should Quit Race, Leave It To

• Members
Gingrich Adviser: Romney Should Quit Race, Leave It To

I don't know about any of you, but I find humor in this article. Mr. Gingrich, is way behind, & his people are presently asking, encouraging, the leader, Mr. Rommny, to leave the race, while the super PAC supporting Mr. Santorum is saying Mr. Gingrich should get out of this race.

• Members

Gingrich is out for revenge against Romney more than he is to win the primaries. Ever since Romney ran those ads in Iowa telling the truth about Gingrich (which Gingrich cried were negative ads) and Gingrich lost his lead in the polls and placed low in Iowa, Gingrich has been out to knock Romney down.

• Members

The Republicans are in a state of total disarray. If they really wanted to beat Obama in the fall, they would have had solid leadership in place, fallen in line behind that leader, and set out a clear, concise, vision for the future of the country.

Instead, they are in fighting, have no leadership, look like a chicken with its head cut off, and have no clear vision other than repeal "Obamacare," which is completely politically infeasible at this point.

Now, I am not a complete Obama supporter, as some here may believe. I am just making an observation. The Republicans are in total disarray, and I do not think any of them have a chance at beating Obama in the fall. To have a chance, good, strong leadership needed to be in place last year and they needed to present a united front. Part of the problem is the unlimited campaign spending by Super Pacs. If it were not for this new development, most of the candidates would have dropped out by now.

• Members

Gingrich is out for revenge against Romney more than he is to win the primaries. Ever since Romney ran those ads in Iowa telling the truth about Gingrich (which Gingrich cried were negative ads) and Gingrich lost his lead in the polls and placed low in Iowa, Gingrich has been out to knock Romney down.

Perhaps, but don't forget, Mr. Gingrich's main goal is the office of president, & his lust for that office is his driving force, & he probably believes that without Mr. Romney in this, that he can beat Mr. Santorum.

• Members

The grinch should bail, he's not going to win. Ron Paul should stay in it: he knew he wasn't going to win from day one, he's there to push the party in the right direction and make issues out of things that politicians like to ignore.

I personally think everyone of them as the right to stay in it as long as they wish, right up to the end. And its a poor show of sportsmanship to say someone ought to get out.

• Members

The Republicans are in a state of total disarray. If they really wanted to beat Obama in the fall, they would have had solid leadership in place, fallen in line behind that leader, and set out a clear, concise, vision for the future of the country.

Instead, they are in fighting, have no leadership, look like a chicken with its head cut off, and have no clear vision other than repeal "Obamacare," which is completely politically infeasible at this point.

Now, I am not a complete Obama supporter, as some here may believe. I am just making an observation. The Republicans are in total disarray, and I do not think any of them have a chance at beating Obama in the fall. To have a chance, good, strong leadership needed to be in place last year and they needed to present a united front. Part of the problem is the unlimited campaign spending by Super Pacs. If it were not for this new development, most of the candidates would have dropped out by now.

Was the Dem Party in complete disarray because Barak and Hillary fought it out almos to the very end?

The idea that this early in the process, when very few have actually cast a vote, the Repubs are in disarray because they haven't selected their candidate yet is nothing more than leftwing propaganda.

I know most folks want instant everything and the idea that the primary wasn't wrapped up after the first two or three states cast ballots really bothers some, but this is nothing new. Review previous campaigns and see.

The main reason the GOP has not yet selected a canidate is that neither Christians nor conservatives were willing to get behind a candidate early on and then support them all the way. Had Christians and conservatives selected any one of the over half-dozen candidates early on, no matter which one, and gave them full support all the way, their selection would be the nominee now.

• Members

Was the Dem Party in complete disarray because Barak and Hillary fought it out almos to the very end?

The idea that this early in the process, when very few have actually cast a vote, the Repubs are in disarray because they haven't selected their candidate yet is nothing more than leftwing propaganda.

I know most folks want instant everything and the idea that the primary wasn't wrapped up after the first two or three states cast ballots really bothers some, but this is nothing new. Review previous campaigns and see.

The main reason the GOP has not yet selected a canidate is that neither Christians nor conservatives were willing to get behind a candidate early on and then support them all the way. Had Christians and conservatives selected any one of the over half-dozen candidates early on, no matter which one, and gave them full support all the way, their selection would be the nominee now.

No, they are in disarray because the have no clear leadership. Boehner tried to fill that leadership role last year. He was doing an excellent job and I was very impressed by him. He worked out a deal with the Democrats, and then the Republicans failed to follow. Their lack of leadership goes far beyond the Presidential race, though that is indicative. The larger issues is that the Republicans are running against something, not for something. Their message is just anti-Obama. They have not offered a clear vision of the future to the voters. That is a huge mistake.

The Republican base is fractured beyond belief. It is harming their shot at winning the general election.

• Members

No, they are in disarray because the have no clear leadership. Boehner tried to fill that leadership role last year. He was doing an excellent job and I was very impressed by him. He worked out a deal with the Democrats, and then the Republicans failed to follow. Their lack of leadership goes far beyond the Presidential race, though that is indicative. The larger issues is that the Republicans are running against something, not for something. Their message is just anti-Obama. They have not offered a clear vision of the future to the voters. That is a huge mistake.

The Republican base is fractured beyond belief. It is harming their shot at winning the general election.

Defined in that way I tend to agree with you.

One of the main problems here is that the base which built up around the Republican Party has primarily been abandoned. While the base leans more conservative, the elite establishment leadership of the Party leans liberal.

The base itself is also fractured. Those who make up the so-called conservative base are greatly divided over social issues, religious issues, as well as interntaional and fiscal issues.

As I've mentioned, had the so-called conservative base rallied to any of the several candidates the GOP race began with, and gave them full support from that point onward, their choice would have quickly won the nomination. It wouldn't have mattered whether they chose Perry, Paul, Bachmann, Huntsman, Cain, Romney or any of the others, had they got behind them from the beginning and gave them full support, they would have locked up the nomination by now.

The Republicans in the House are divided between the more conservative Tea Party congressmen, most of which were voted in in 2010, and the establishment congressmen which lean more leftward and mostly have no solid, core conservative principles.

So, yes, in the sense you put this forth here, you are correct, the Republican Party is in disarray.

• Members

Boehner ...worked out a deal with the Democrats, and then the Republicans failed to follow.

You don't deal with Democrats, you defeat them. Compromise with Democrats is to always grant them a victory in taking away personal liberties in favor of the State.

Second, yes the GOP has a large rift. Despite the 2010 elections and the influx of Tea Party types, the GOP is still run by Statists, people little different from Democrats. These people must be removed from power and political office before the GOP can defeat and crush the depraved and evil Democrat Party.

There are no Christians running for President (top 4 and Obama) save for the shamefully weak testimony of Ron Paul.

• Members

Several professing Christians were in the GOP running in the beginning but neither Christians nor so-called conservatives were willing to give their full support to any of them.

Bachmann, Cain, Paul and Perry are all professing Christians. Three of the four also call themselves conservatives.

Why is it that Christian "leaders" didn't try to rally behind and endorse a candidate before Bachmann and Cain were already out of the race, and Perry was one step from leaving? By the time these "Christian" leaders got around to giving their support to a candidate they were only really considering two candidates, both Catholic and both big government men.

• Members

Why is it that Christian "leaders" didn't try to rally behind and endorse a candidate before Bachmann and Cain were already out of the race, and Perry was one step from leaving?

Because nearly all of America's "Christian Leaders" are anything but. They have compromised with the world and nearly all are ecumenical one-worlders whether they know it or not. They may be poltically conservative but they are all theologically liberal. None of them have the will to stand up and shout for what's good and denounce what is evil.

• Members

Because nearly all of America's "Christian Leaders" are anything but. They have compromised with the world and nearly all are ecumenical one-worlders whether they know it or not. They may be poltically conservative but they are all theologically liberal. None of them have the will to stand up and shout for what's good and denounce what is evil.

Most don't seem to be solidly politically conservative either, otherwise they wouldn't endorse the candidates they do!

These same "leaders" cried about 2008 because the GOP didn't have a conservative as their candidate. They took note that if they had supported a better candidate early on they may have been on the ticket. Then the 2012 campaign comes around and once again they fail to support a candidate from the beginning and by the time they do get around to getting together and deciding who to support, the pickings were already slim. Then, after waiting too late to do anything, they complained when it didn't seem as if anyone paid any real attention to them at all.

So, we end up with supposed Christian leaders giving their endorsement to a big government Catholic. This didn't happen in 1960!

• Members

By not backing a candidate early on, they are allowing the media to pick one for them. Rush, Levin and others will not endorse a candidate before the primaries, so the media gets to do it. Then again, Rush, Levin, Hannity, etc. are not Christians.

We IFBers are spread out across America and the world for that matter. We could cultivate and vet a couple of candidates to present to the American people. We should be doing this at the local level but in my area we really haven't done that either as far as I'm aware. It's something I prayed hard about before 2010 and never felt compelled by the Holy Ghost to do it. Either it's not for me to do it, or it's not for any of us to bother with. In the end the die is cast, we cannot perfect this world, only our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ can! A true Son of God could temporarily turn this country aright but it would only be for a short time, similar to Reagan's term.

• Members

By not backing a candidate early on, they are allowing the media to pick one for them. Rush, Levin and others will not endorse a candidate before the primaries, so the media gets to do it. Then again, Rush, Levin, Hannity, etc. are not Christians.

We IFBers are spread out across America and the world for that matter. We could cultivate and vet a couple of candidates to present to the American people. We should be doing this at the local level but in my area we really haven't done that either as far as I'm aware. It's something I prayed hard about before 2010 and never felt compelled by the Holy Ghost to do it. Either it's not for me to do it, or it's not for any of us to bother with. In the end the die is cast, we cannot perfect this world, only our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ can! A true Son of God could temporarily turn this country aright but it would only be for a short time, similar to Reagan's term.

A think to a large extent it comes down to cowardice. They don't want to support a candidate early on and then find out that others are not. They tend to wait until some candidate seems to be doing well and then try to hitch their wagon to that horse.

Or, as was the case this year, they waited until the candidate they decided they didn't like seemed to be doing well and then they tried to find another candidate which looked to have some popularity.

These people don't have the solid core values they claim to have. If they did, their decisions would be based upon such and their decisions would come much quicker and their support would be full.

We have a couple examples in the OT of God granting wicked Judah a good king, and things getting somewhat better during that kings reign, but since the hearts of the people were not turned to God, as soon as the good king was dead and bad king rose up and the people dived back into wickedness head first.

Considering most of these Christian leaders won't give their full time and resources into spreading the Gospel across the land and making disciples, I suppose we really shouldn't be surprised when they act the same way in politics.