• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

PREACHERS HALL OF FAME

• Members

I do find it ironic that some will speak ill of any Calvinist preacher today yet they will hold up many Calvinist preachers from years gone by.

But the problem is, man will hold up man, man loves to hold up man in an elevated position, many times men that they never knew, men that they've just read a little bit about in books written by man, that happen to point out that mans good points leaving out his bad points.. So maybe there's a good reason we should be holding up our Father, & His Son, for rightly, there is where all of mans glory should be placed.

God seems to tell us about many men, mostly it tells both his good side, & bad side, but when man says both the good & bad about man he holds in high esteem, some man will get upset, bent out of shape, many times saying, if you can't say something good about him, stay silent. If we stay silent on the bad, the the bad men has a much better opportunity to lead more people into lies about God.

• Members

I do find it ironic that some will speak ill of any Calvinist preacher today yet they will hold up many Calvinist preachers from years gone by.

Whether today or in the past, Calvinism, limited atonement, whatever label you prefer, is a doctrine of devils.
When I got saved I trusted the Prince of Peace, not the "prince of preachers".

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes. Psalm 118:8-9

• Members

it seems that many have a problem with honoring men who the Lord has used mightily. It seems we ought to leave that to His choosing, and realize that every good man has faults.

I will continue to recognize them as long as I am allowed.

Edited by irishman

• Members

Whether today or in the past, Calvinism, limited atonement, whatever label you prefer, is a doctrine of devils.
When I got saved I trusted the Prince of Peace, not the "prince of preachers".

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes. Psalm 118:8-9

Are you saying Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards and many others were doing the work of the devil?

• Members

Any time we sin, we are serving sin, and hence the devil. If they taught people Calvinism, then yes, at that time they were.

Then according to you, several in this Hall of Fame thread were servants of the devil while their preaching helped tens of thousands be born again and edified the body of Christ.